Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

How Much And How Long Does it Take To Process C Of O Of A Land In Idimu - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much And How Long Does it Take To Process C Of O Of A Land In Idimu (1236 Views)

Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications / 2 Wings Of 5 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex In Idimu@ N40m Each / Luxurious 3 Bedroom Flat For Rent In Idimu.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much And How Long Does it Take To Process C Of O Of A Land In Idimu by skyy04(m): 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2008
Hello Felas on board!

I have paid a friend some amount to process this document for me since June this year, Up till now the document is not ready.

What do you think?
Re: How Much And How Long Does it Take To Process C Of O Of A Land In Idimu by ajileko: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
Give it some time. It could take up to six month. But make sure you follow up aggressively.
Re: How Much And How Long Does it Take To Process C Of O Of A Land In Idimu by chykeo(m): 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2008
The C of O is a very important document. I was meant to understand by my lawyer that he can get it in three months. I did all he asked me to and provided all the materials and papers he required. Up till now it has not come out. He is blaming government bearaucracy. I submitted mine in the first week of June and was expecting it this September but the guy said he is not sure of any date. The thing goes through a lot of goverment departments. Be aggressive. Dont give the guy a breathing space. Call him always and worry him. I even asked my lawyer if there is anything I can do to facilitate the whole thing ( U know what I mean; Niger style), he said no that I have done all I should. So I am watching, hoping and praying.
Re: How Much And How Long Does it Take To Process C Of O Of A Land In Idimu by ajileko: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2008
Ask him if he pay the "grand father tip" It could be anywhere from 40,000 to 60,000 Naira. This is the fee for the persons that will make sure that your
papers keeping moving and doesn't get stagnant or buried in the bush.
Re: How Much And How Long Does it Take To Process C Of O Of A Land In Idimu by lawyer(m): 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2008
It takes quite a while to process a C/O and anybody telling you that it will take 3 days or 3 months is telling you a big fat lie.

C/o processing is one of the most difficult things to do in Lagos. It requires the payment of fees in different departments that might take donkey years to be approved. What about the things not supplied by the owner of the property such as tax clearance, picture of the house, survey plans etc. The lawyer will have to wiggle his way around the bureacracy to get it done.

Although you must continue to give the lawyer bumper to bumper marking so as to make sure he does the job but cut him some slack. Alausa is a place meant for only mad people and only mad people can survive there.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

2 Bedroom Flat For Let In Magodo(1st Come 1st Serve) / Brand New 4br Duplex@badore,ajah. 1m P.a / Large Expanse Of Land At Sagamu-abeokuta Expressway 1.4 Per Acre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.