Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Problem With My Delta Ticket - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Problem With My Delta Ticket (921 Views)

Little Problem With Passport Office Abuja / Having Problem With USPS / Having Problem With Your Uk Visa Application[there Is Hope] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With My Delta Ticket by cutey23: 3:20am On Sep 06, 2008
Hi guys,

I need advice on my delta ticket, i bought it yesterday through an agent on the island.
The problem is that It has my name misspelt, e.g if my name is 'Glory Okon', my name on the
ticket says 'Gloryms Okon'. Its obvious that the last two letters stand for 'ms'(miss) but
i didnt feel comfortable with it being joined to my first name.

I raised the issue with the travel agency and they said this is the practice with delta airline,
that they always append ur title to the end of your name.
Now, i dont want to make a fuss incase indeed this is true, so can anyone shed more light on this?
or has anyone who used delta airline had their title appended to their first name?
Because if this is not the practice with delta, then it is an issue- because then the name on
my ticket will not match the rest of my travel docs which a big problem which i want to rectify
before its too late. thanks,
Re: Problem With My Delta Ticket by Reese1: 3:38am On Sep 06, 2008
I fly Delta all the time and my name has never been written like that on my ticket. Seems to me he's just being too lazy to change the ticket to the correct form. That doesn't even make any sense!

The way your name is on your ticket has to match how it is on your passport exactly or you might run into problems. So, I would force him to change it.

You paid for the ticket, so you should get exactly what you requested, and as a professional, he should honor that.
Re: Problem With My Delta Ticket by cutey23: 3:46am On Sep 06, 2008
thank you @Reese1
Re: Problem With My Delta Ticket by Reese1: 5:04am On Sep 06, 2008
Ur welcome
Re: Problem With My Delta Ticket by sfdaram(f): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2008
@ poster

am a travel agent

if it an e- ticket, dont worry delta airline do write name dat way.

taxs.
Re: Problem With My Delta Ticket by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2008
make sure u change it pls! this might be an excuse for Naija customs (if u are returning) to give u wahala and try to collect bribe!

(1) (Reply)

Australian Migration Opportunity For Trade, Polytechnic And University Graduates / Uk Applications For Nigerian Visas ‘on The Rise’ / 30% Ghanaians Working In Us With Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.