Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls (15620 Views)

Zain Nigeria To Change Name To 'Airtel' / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / New Mtn Cheat/free Call/sms Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by ckc(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2008
Zain Nigeria has launched an exciting and novel package designed to suit the lifestyle, needs and aspirations of young adults.

Tru Package, as the new product is called, allows pre-paid customers to enjoy low tariff from Monday through Friday and at weekends as well as make tariff-free calls at night.

Speaking at the launch in Lagos, Zain's chief executive officer Bayo Ligali said Tru Package comes in two special packages , Tru Talk and Tru Txt, and both come with the short message service (SMS) bonuses, Credit Me, Call Me Back service, and wap/internet services as well as other unique offerings on the Zain pre-paid package.

Explaining the mechanics of the product, chief marketing officer Norman Moyo said, "With the Tru Talk option, which is designed for those who desire a low-call cost, Zain customers will have the opportunity to make calls to a maximum of 10 friends for as low as N0.25k (25 kobo) per second from Monday through Friday (between 8.00pm and 5:59am) and for N0.21k (21 kobo) per second during weekends (from 4:30am through 12:29am)."

"In addition, customers on this tariff plan will enjoy free all-night calls daily up to 10 registered numbers from 12:30am to 4:29am," he said.

A statement from the public relations manager of Zain, Mr Emmanuel Otokhine, said: "The Tru Txt offer allows customers who love sending SMS enjoy a special low rate of N4.50 for every SMS sent to all Zain numbers on weekdays and N3 for every SMS sent during weekend.

"Customers on this package will also have access to all-night calls every day between 12:30am and 4:30am for up to 10 registered numbers," the statement said.

Moyo further explained that the launch of Tru Package will provide the GSM firm the opportunity to satisfy the yearnings of Nigerian youths and the young-at-heart, empowering them to fulfil their dreams.

"Tru Package" is designed for customers who desire more value for their voice calls and yearn for a cost-effective SMS service as a medium of self-expression. The package delivers greater benefits to customers than any other package in the market apart from offering the lowest SMS tariff in the Nigerian mobile landscape," he added.

To enjoy the service, Moyo said, "What phone users with Zain number need to do is to migrate to the Tru plan using a short code, *141*708#, to switch to the Tru Talk option and *141*709# to switch to Tru Txt option."

According to him, customers who want to enjoy the benefits of the package need to recharge their phone with a minimum of N100 and N50 for Tru Talk, and Tru Txt options respectively weekly.

"To register the numbers of friends or family members for the Tru Talk service, customers need to use the short code for registration: *141*2*Zain phone number#. The registration is free", the statement said.
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by akinlade11: 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2008
yeye people wut about the gprs activation?
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by malikalhaj: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2008
Do u plan on payin?
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by Cipriani(m): 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hey guys, why do I have to recharge weekly, can they just free everything to us because life itself is free. I am already

affected with LIF (life is free) syndrome. Also what happens to the 15 free sms. tru this and tru that is absurd without the

15 free sms. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by Cipriani(m): 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hey guys, why do I have to recharge weekly, can they just free everything to us because life itself is free. I am already

affected with LIF (life is free) syndrome. Also what happens to the 15 free sms. tru this and tru that is absurd without the

15 free sms. angry angry angry angry
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by Fadajasi(m): 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2008
E no tap jwo
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by davolas(m): 7:49pm On Sep 08, 2008
Zain is kind of stupid with this fraud packages they are tryin to offer,imagine
*recharge every week
*have to call 10registered faf via free call.
*reductn of #10 sending me2u
*gprs data service very expensive as in terms of celtel #5 for 50kb data sent
*why do u i have to recharge b4 migratn if truely they are tryin to make a wonderful world.
*guy it real fraud,to hell with there pakages or plans.

1 Like

Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by lynxnoon(m): 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2008
hmmmmm
looks like Zain is afraid of losing customer to Etisalat grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by ajay01(m): 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
Am disapp0inted you. @dev0las. U aint dude. To migrate to TRU PLAN is totally free, the #100 for the TRU TALK and the #50 for the TRU TXT is for n0th!ng, u r nt g0na b charged so watz d stress there. The TRU PLAN aint fraud so guy lock-up if u n0 jasi watz 0n grnd.
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by davolas(m): 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2008
Davolas@ajayi,i knw u aint go no be charge but base on conditn,100or50 b4 u switch to the plan,isnt it.Guy make ur calculatns well man
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by brinebaba(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2008
eheh. . . wotz going on here??,'wot' nd 'wot' r fighting??

I'm actually pondering,are dis dudes(zain)making life 'good',not to talk bout 'better'??
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by honsule(m): 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2008
i don't know how,but i misplaced my zain sim.anor welcome back again.why can't one do a welcome back like mtn.must i go to their office?
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by davolas(m): 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
Davolas@honsule
that is zain at its best 4u,a wonderful world in opposite
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by Mercy4All(m): 11:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
let us try this for at least one or two weeks.
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by Fadajasi(m): 12:44am On Sep 09, 2008
How will i even knw wether am activated for tru talk and text
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by ajay01(m): 12:48am On Sep 09, 2008
Nah. . . U go thr0ugh y0ur calculati0n again. @dev0las.
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by Lawalmd(m): 6:54am On Sep 09, 2008
Tru talk ko false talk ni, yeye package
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by dragnet: 7:52am On Sep 09, 2008
honsule, just grab a new sim & call 111 from ur crib. . . .

I'm not falling for that false package
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by femzy(m): 8:46am On Sep 09, 2008
I will rather maintain the one i have than change to this one.
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by Fadajasi(m): 10:37am On Sep 09, 2008
Something wey una go still,una go just dey make mouth
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by texazzpete(m): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2008
@davolas
Celtel/Zain's 10k per Kb of data is probably the cheapest in the country at the moment. What's wrong with paying N5 for 50kb of data?

I mean, it's five freaking Naira!!

get a job and a life, man.
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by dragnet: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2008
Guys, I'm saying this without mincing words . . . .
MTN's gprs data plan aint that "HUNGRY" or "ZAPPING" as most ppl come here to claim . .cuz I rechargd my a/c & browsed "PAID" & it wasnt that expensive . . . .

bTw, whtz mtn's charge per kilobyte?
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by dapsins69(m): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2008
somepeople just dont like change.
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by brinebaba(m): 6:10pm On Sep 09, 2008
drag,Mtn Gprs=15kobo/kilobyte. . .
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by dragnet: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2008
Positive change
or
Negative change?? undecided
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by dapsins69(m): 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2008
change from 9naira per txt to 4.50naira per txt, dat should b positive.isnt it?
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by dragnet: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2008
on-net(restricted) or off-net?? . . . .
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by dapsins69(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2008
dnt get u bro
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by hayprof(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2008
I don't get it, abegi Speak Out!
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by brinebaba(m): 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2008
dis son iz confused!!or rather high on sumtin. . .
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by dragnet: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2008
what I mean is, is it to any network?? 'cUz all I can see is "10 TRU friends" here & there undecided . . .maybe those already using it can explain better
Re: Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls by honsule(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2008
i just press*141*708# see the txt msg i received:You are already on Tru Talk. Recharge up to N100 to enjoy up to 3 times as much to your 10 Tru friends.who told ZAINAB to migrate me without my permission?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Download And Install Modern Combat 5 Blackout Apk + Data (direct Link) / Operamini Mod 3.10en / Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.