Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Be Warned - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Be Warned (1012 Views)

!BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones / Airtel Whatsapp N100 Now 30mb So Be Warned / The Fraud Called Airtel...be Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Warned by erickanal(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2006
some time ago i had problem with  my phone connecting it to mtn gprs,my phone which happen to be blackberry 7100 had no config on mtn site so i posted in this forum requesting for blackberry config.A Fellow replied promising to help requesting for my number,imei, pin & stuff like that.i posted them in this forum.So what am i saying i was stupid for posting these to the public & do u know the worse, fews days i posted these information i got home to find the screen of my phone dark in colour which is very unsual,i try powerin it but to no anvil& to crown it all the guy that promised to help did even bother to reply me even duo i went to the expent of emailing him constantly everyday.so u heard my story never never give out your phone information to anybody u dont know for your own good.especially your imei number.
Re: Be Warned by Bossman(m): 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2006
I have always said that. I can't believe how many posts I see in this forum with phone numbers, and sometimes IMEI numbers.
Re: Be Warned by earthrealm(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2006
hello, bossman please could u help me on how 2 go about destroying a phone once u know the imei nos?/, my phone was stolen recently n i want 2 destroy it!!!, so it wud serve as a deterent 2 wud be phone thieves!!!thanks
Re: Be Warned by Bossman(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2006
I do not think IMEI blacklisting exists in Nigeria. If it does, you can just report the phone lost/stolen, and it will be added to the database shared by all the carriers. In essence, that phone will not be able to register on any of the networks there.

(1) (Reply)

Wifi With Higer Range / Keep Your Phone On 24/7 / Black Berry Bold 2 Has A Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.