Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? (1170 Views)

Where Do You Fall? Mistakes Job Seekers Make On Their Cv(employers' Survey) / HP Sequential Management Recruitment,applicant Are 2forward Their Cv B4 Timeline / Sequential Management Recruitment,applicant Are To Forward Their Cv B4 Timeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by penwizard(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2008
My Friend, who happens to be on an interview panel recently has not stopped expressing his dismay at the number of irregularities he observed in many online CVs he examined. He even talks about a 28 year old female applicant who claimed she had studied in one of the Universities abroad. Luck however ran out on her when my friend asked her what State of the USA the town she schooled in was. She couldn't tell!

So, I ask the house today, what on earth do applicants lie the most about on their CVs?
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by ramonacee(f): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2008
age and, marrital status
cheesy
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by Vuitton(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2008
Obviously age and followed by marital status.
Documents are easy to forge or conceal.
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by opokonwa(m): 11:59am On Sep 11, 2008
Simple. They are desperate for the job
Second. Often the job requirements are beyond them so they have to apply 'make-up' to their CVs.
If you fake it well, you might just get it (and learn quickly on the job) tongue
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by gracii: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2008
age!
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by capsmo(m): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2008
age and work experience
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 17, 2008
How come this age? How many people lie about hteir age? Very few me thinks. More about responsibilities on their previous job. At the interview for my present job, remain small I for say na me be M.D. while i was a corper!!
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by lammy2(f): 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2008
Age! especially as so many new generation banks keep reducing the age limit for their entry level candidates, some banks now recruit graduates 27years and below, so many have to keep "adjusting" their ages so as to be qualify under that criteria
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by ausbones(m): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2008
I think the highest one is Age, Then Job functions, then marital status
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by ausbones(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2008
I think  the highest one is Age, Then Job functions,  then marital status. Although I dont subscibe to it would not blame those alterng their age. Na d orgs. i know what iwwnt thru becos i refused to change mine. The advice is jut get a professioal certification and u will be able to get over that barrier.
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by fredie(f): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2008
ageo no one wants metuselah
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by ckamal: 4:10am On Sep 21, 2008
AND I ALSO HOPE THEY HAVE A WAY OF GETTIN THOSE THOSE THAT CLAIM TO HAVE A DEGREE AND ATTENDED A SCHOOL THEY NEVA ENTERED,U KNOW THE TORONTO ISSUE cheesy?
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by ckamal: 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2008
:d :d
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by Exstar(f): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2008
Definately AGE!!! grin
Re: What Do Applicants Lie About The Most On Their Cv? by icecold2(f): 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2008
definitely age

i had an uncle who went for an interview
and as usual he had already doctored his age on his cv
but made d mistake of not calculating it well
so d cv showed dat he finished secondary school at the age of six
when one of the managers that interviewed him pointed it out he was so embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Virgin Nig Aptitude Test / Job For You Only If You're Willing To Start Small, / Ips Uniport 2009/2010 Masters Programme Screening Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.