Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

At 36 Still A Houseboy ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / At 36 Still A Houseboy ? (1278 Views)

His Houseboy Took Him To A Club!(hillarious Picture) / NIMC Enrollment Centers Nationwidethere Are Registration Centers In All The 36 N / Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by jacq(f): 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2008
I know someone who ate the age of 36 is still working under someone,like cooking,cleaning,running errands for them etc etc,
but his dream is to set up his own bizzness but the person he is working under promises to help him set up,just a mouth promise no written or signed contract that says he will really do.

Now this friend is asking me for advice on what he should do ,should he keep on hoping his "oga" will help him set up or not ? but a man at 36yrs should be his own man i told him instead of someone else houseboy.

What advice would u give to him if he was your friend ?
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by spikedcylinder: 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2008
Na 36 you see wey you dey shout?

Its sad o but there are older people. . . .

How long has he worked for them?
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2008
He has to be determined to take the first step and that'll will be to Quit. . . . . . .

And them set his priorities . . . . .which could range from going back to school or learning a trade . . . . .

Whatever the case might be . . . .I don't think its too late for him. . . . . smiley
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by SamMilla1(m): 12:24am On Nov 03, 2008
english people work as house help
even at an old age.
what matters is to be happy where ever you are
coz i you are not, the only option is to go away and look for something else.
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by ezeagu(m): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2008
Sam Milla:

english people work as house help
even at an old age.
what matters is to be happy where ever you are
because i you are not, the only option is to go away and look for something else.

True, if you don't believe, ask Jeeves grin wink.
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by MrCrackles(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2008
wetin be difference between the person and Abudu or Adamu wey at 67 dey open gate for person wey him pikin old pass?!
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by Owen(m): 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2008
s***t happens. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon and not all would die comfortable. cry
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by sima(f): 6:13am On Nov 06, 2008
awww. . dem don switch d bobo's head wit an unfortunate person's head sad
sad thing . . . doesnt he have children??
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by temi4rea(f): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2008
36 kei? no be house boy again na house man,it might just be his calling.
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by funybone(m): 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2008
Hmm house help thats an occupation cool
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by drrionelli(m): 12:06am On Nov 07, 2008
There's neither shame, embarrassment nor disgrace in what this fellow is doing. It's legal, honest, gainful work. And, having done it as long as he has, it's clearly something that he does well.

Yes, we'd all like to be in Bill Gates' position, monetarily. We'd all like to be in 50 Cents' position in terms of popularity. We'd all like to be in Barack Obama's position power-wise. In the less exhalted world, however, as long as we are reasonably happy and fulfilled, and are able to keep our needs met, then we might wish to be more appreciative of our more humble means.
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by jacq(f): 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2008
Am not say it is not an honest job,it just that the man in question is complaining that his "oga" treat him like shit sometimes even though he says his job is assisting his boos in the office,and he sleeps with him and cook too for him.
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by Joseph6(m): 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2008
Well u shldnt advice ur frnd 2 quit coz some pple are made2 be poor and all but atleast he's making an honest living.
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by tRoOE(f): 1:46am On Nov 17, 2008
Joseph6:

Well u shldnt advice ur frnd 2 quit because some people are made2 be poor and all but atleast he's making an honest living.
[size=13pt]ROTFLMFAO that was so mean grin grin[/size]
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by slavia(m): 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2008
the first step is to ask this 36yr old houseboy if he is really ready for change, because "change is like a doubled edged sword"
he has to decide to take the bold step
+ he needs to confront his master on the issue, explaining to him that he is not getting any younger
+ also he has to be ready to tow his own path if the master does not "play ball"
also tell him not to ever lose hope, his mates are also out trying hard to make a living
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by pureminded: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2009
@Poster , God will intervene in his life embarassed , It's not funny arrall
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by PurestBoy(m): 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2009
@pureminded

I pray so, and try thank God for your position
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by kshow1(m): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2009
Nna no bi funny tok bi dis o !!!!!! , lets not forget that we are in a country where we have no leaders. have you not heard or see graduates who are jobless @ 36,  lets just pray for the guy that the almighty God will direct him.
Re: At 36 Still A Houseboy ? by richking: 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2009
dis one get as he be o, ha ogao but i beg tell the guy say make him contact me i fit give ao he go make money for internet with his salary, he fit reach e for kingaderich5@gmail.com or sms to 08056070890

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Removed Has Lamido Takes Over Cbn / Get Your 2011 Jamb Question Papers Now / 1/2 A Billi Baba Ijebu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.