Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

C# Or Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C# Or Java (1016 Views)

How To Make Money From Developing Software Using Vb Or Java / C++ Or Java: Which Way To Go? / Java Server Pages (jsp) Or Java Server Face(jsf Which Path To Trend? ? ? ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C# Or Java by lacicrips(m): 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2008
C# or Java; which would you consider for an independent software producer in Nigeria?

Also remember that the future counts as well. As in where will both languages stand in the future?

Where are they really going to?

Professionals only, thanks.
Re: C# Or Java by Bossman(m): 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2008
I do not think anyone can tell you about the future. It's a very dynamic environment. In my opinion, I'd say either of them will be fine. They are very similar, and the major difference being that one is a microsoft product and the other is by sun. I'd say visit forums that discuss them individually, or may be check out a book on them and see which you may prefer.
Re: C# Or Java by A40(m): 12:17am On Sep 12, 2008
They are both cool.Java is easier to learn but as a beginner chances are you would be able to do more with C# than with Java
Re: C# Or Java by javarules(m): 12:00am On Sep 13, 2008
code wars

anyway I am a java programmer, done C# a bit but stopped because I dont have a windows system grin
It all depends on what you want to do, if you are a windows guy(which probably you are) c# is your best bet.
If you want to twist your minds a bit try F# grin
If you are a linux(OS X, Solaris, Unix, Mac etc), then you might want to stick with java.
Functional languages are also coming into the limelight, so laying your hands on scala might not be a bad idea(the truth is if u are a newbie to programming, its a bad idea grin)

that's all folks.

Peradventure you chose java, then u can't do without the help of
http://java.sun.com
http://naijadukes.net

ciao
Re: C# Or Java by lacicrips(m): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2008
Thanks dudes.

By the way I'm a hardcore java programmer.

I also do a lot of .net stuffs.

Thanks anyways for your contribution.

More will surely be appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Vista Wahala / . / Programming Languages Usage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.