Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,210 members, 7,860,359 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region (1009 Views)

Fulani kidnap Two Women in Enugu State & Court jail 76 search party. / Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS / Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan (Reuters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by RSA(m): 10:00am On Sep 11, 2008
South Africa says two of its citizens were abducted this week in Nigeria's volatile, oil-rich Niger Delta region.

The South African Foreign Affairs Ministry says its officials in Nigeria are doing everything they can to secure the hostages' release.

It says the victims were kidnapped Tuesday. It is not clear who carried out the abduction.

Gunmen in the Niger Delta regularly attack oil company facilities and kidnap their staff. Most hostages are released unharmed.

Some attackers are militants who say they are fighting so the region's impoverished residents get a greater share of the oil wealth. Others are gangs motivated by the ransom companies pay for the hostages.

A surge in the unrest that began in late 2005 has resulted in Nigeria's oil production dropping by about 25 percent.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-09-10-voa49.cfm
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by MrCrackles(m): 10:04am On Sep 11, 2008
ok!
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by Mpele(m): 10:56am On Sep 11, 2008
They must release those guys if they know what's good for them.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by RibaduFan(m): 11:45am On Sep 11, 2008
And if not? You will send Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles with nuclear warhead?

Clown.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by RSA(m): 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2008
yemmyse:

And if not? You will send Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles with nuclear warhead?

Clown.

Are you a kidnapper? Then you wonder why all Nigerians are painted with the same brush,you defend the criminals and that make you one of them sad
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by Mpele(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
I'm show the bloody kidnappers are using spears. I don't waht would happen if we could send the army there, to rescue these poor guys. Thats what these people do, they feel the effects of poverty then they kidnapp hardworking South Africans. We are there to help their miserable economy.

This is a clear sign of stupidity. How can you kidnapp investors. Thats why this so called giant of Africa is struggling economically. They should kidnapp illegal immigrants and stop harrasing hard working people.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by thendo(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2008
there we go again attacking each other, eish it could have been anyone, maybe they didnt even know he was a south african
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by cold(m): 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2008
Mpele:

I'm show the bloody kidnappers are using spears. I don't waht would happen if we could send the army there, to rescue these poor guys. Thats what these people do, they feel the effects of poverty then they kidnapp hardworking South Africans. We are there to help their miserable economy.

This is a clear sign of stupidity. How can you kidnapp investors. Thats why this so called giant of Africa is struggling economically. They should kidnapp illegal immigrants and stop harrasing hard working people.

Sheer nonsense!What wld ur army do?We rescued u guys 4rm the belly of the beast & u kom here & run that gutter u call a mouth.Who knows, u cld hav bin dead in 1 of those SOWETO killings.It's not lyk i support kidnapping,abduction or anything of the sort but there's need for restraint on this forum.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by morpheus24: 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
Don't worry Mpele they will release your bros back to SA fully intact with arms and legs

Just Pay the DOLLARS$$$$$$$$

Sorry I mean RANDZZZZZZZZZZ!!!
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by tpia: 6:38am On Sep 13, 2008
you see how some bigmouth Nigerians no fit open mouth when other countries are talking yet they turn to lions and warriors if its Nigerians they're talking to.

I don't see Ibime or any other militant supporter on this thread, in spite of the useless noise empty Mpele is making here.

@ topic: do south Africans have two heads or why don't other nationalities also open threads on Nairaland when their countrymen are kidnapped. Empty vessels make the most noise.

Seriously, I think these south Africans here need a subforum of their own- they obviously have no idea how to create one, hence their constant presence on Nigerian websites, and the few south Africans forums obviously have angry whites determined to chase out and attack any south African black or colored who dares show his face. So Mpele is clearly a persona non grata there.

http://www.rsa-overseas.com/mboard_dir/2847.shtml

http://www.rsa-overseas.com/mboard_dir/2578.shtml
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by QuotaSyste(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2008
Mpele:

You should know that the kidnappings and other activities going on in the Niger Delta of nigeria is as a result of the mismanagement of the economy of nigeria by the northern nigerian led successive governments.
Correction. Nigeria is not anywhere near being referred to as giant of Africa. In which context are you using this word. Country without good roads, no electricity, no pipe born water, no good medical service (president runs out every time he sick) no police, ahlmajiri military (can't face Cameroun, but will kill it's citizens at will) lack of security (no night life). Stop being brainwashed into using that sentence again when talking about nigeria.
They taught us that crap in primary school, but most like me have grown to know that it was just another silly propaganda. Smaller countries in West Africa can boast of all those things that i listed above and any of them can qualify to be used that "giant of Africa" sentence for. By the way, how many nigerians and other Africans did you help in killing today in south Africa? I heard you people take pride in killing other Africans in your country.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by Planner(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2008
See what south africans are doing to Nigerian. I mean they are depraved:

South Africa apologises as ex Nigerian first lady falls victim to violent xenophobia

The South African Government has apologised for the wave of attacks on foreigners, including Nigerians, which has claimed 42 lives in the country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 24 May 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The attacks have mostly affected Nigerians, Mozambicans, Zimbabweans, Kenyans, Somalis and other immigrants of African descent, forcing the South African government to order soldiers to the streets to quell the violence on Thursday.

Prior to the two-week-old violence, there had been series of attacks targetted at Nigerians visiting South Africa as well as some of the staff attached to the Nigerian High Commission in the country.

Among the victims are the wife of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Mrs Oluremi Obasanjo and a former presidential aspirant, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.

In a statement in Abuja on Friday, the South African Deputy President, Mrs. Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, apologised for the ugly situation faced by Nigerians and other foreigners in the former apartheid enclave.

Responding to an address by Nigeria’s Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan, at the opening session of the seventh Nigeria-South Africa Bi-National Commission at the Banquet Hall of the State House in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city, Mlambo-Ngcuka said, "I want to apologise to those who have been affected and want to give the assurance that those who are responsible will be dealt with by the law.

"The acts over the last few weeks are nothing else but criminal and we will not allow them to destabilise the country and our relations with the citizens of all other countries."

She dismissed prevailing insinuations that the attacks were over fears by the natives that foreigners are taking their jobs, explaining, "I cannot believe that the issue is about jobs. I cannot believe that normal South Africans are anti- their African brothers and sisters. I just cannot believe this [, ] While we do not have all the facts, I can say that South Africans have always appreciated the hospitality shown them by the African continent, their African brothers and sisters, during the dark days of apartheid.

"Let there be reassurance that we are doing all in our power to stop this violence. That we will get to the root causes and that in the long term, we will find solutions to these sometimes complex problems."

Speaking earlier, Jonathan urged the South African Government to immediately address the problem and other contentious issues in its relations with Nigeria. Specifically, Jonathan told Mlambo-Ngcuka her government should put a stop to the imposition of discriminatory visa fees on Nigerian visa applicants, noting that the fees were "strange" because Nigerian applicants are the only group required to pay such.

"It is even more disturbing to know that visitors to South Africa from Europe , the Americas and other far-flung lands are not required to pay these repatriation fees. We believe the imposition of such fees run against the spirit of African unity."

Recalling with nostalgia Nigeria’s invaluable role in the anti-apartheid movement that led to the liberation of South Africa from white minority supremacist rule, the vice-president said attacks on Nigerians in South African cities also ran against the guiding principles of African brotherliness.

Jonathan however, acknowledged the efforts of the South African Government in addressing the problem.

Mpele and RSA respond or are you people going to be too cowardly?
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by Ibime(m): 11:15am On Sep 13, 2008
tpia:

I don't see Ibime or any other militant supporter on this thread, in spite of the useless noise empty Mpele is making here.

lol. . . .why should I respond?. . . I see this militancy thing gores your ox well well. . . . don't worry, when foreigners hear that someone got kidnapped in Nigeria, all they will say is "Those Nigerians need to get their shit together". . . .the same way we Ijaws say "Those Nigerians need to get their shit together". . . . anyway, I have kept mum on this subject because I am waiting to see who claims responsibility for the kidnapping. . . . just remember that market utility is indirectly proportional to political volatility. . . . so until we find a political solution to this thing, expect more fluctuations in the price of bitumen.   wink
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Two South Africans In Nigeria Oil Region by tpia: 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2008
Ibime:

lol. . . .why should I respond?. . . I see this militancy thing gores your ox well well. . . . don't worry, when foreigners hear that someone got kidnapped in Nigeria, all they will say is "Those Nigerians need to get their shit together". . . .the same way we Ijaws say "Those Nigerians need to get their shit together". . . . anyway, I have kept mum on this subject because I am waiting to see who claims responsibility for the kidnapping. . . . just remember that market utility is indirectly proportional to political volatility. . . . so until we find a political solution to this thing, expect more fluctuations in the price of bitumen.   wink

sweetie, this isnt about the price of bitumen- this is about Mpele calling your bluff for kidnapping his countrymen.

That response of yours is too watery nah- I expect more spunk and fire from you. Or could it be that your mouth is only bigger when talking to Nigerians, but you bow, prostrate and salaam when interacting with non-Nigerians?

Is that bravery or cowardice of the highest order?

When even a fop like Mpele commands your subservience ( are you dark skinned maybe, and feel he's better than you because of his skin color?), then we know you guys are really in trouble.

(1) (Reply)

Yar'adua Needs A Third Term? <<Unverified Rumor>> / Breaking News: Gunmen Attack Ogun Lg Boss, Kill Brother / Aba The Dirtiest City In : :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.