Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Police Chief Denounces Occult - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Chief Denounces Occult (1389 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ / Good Occult Fraternities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Chief Denounces Occult by Queenisha: 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2008
sojourn in the occult world – Lagos Police boss
Monday, September 8, 2008

Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Marvel Akpoyibo, on Sunday made a startling confession of his sojourn in the occult world before he turned his life to God.

Akpoyibo made the revelation in Lagos at the sixth edition of Breeding Leadership and National Transformation (BLENT) organized by The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM), with the topic ‘The role of the church and security’.

Mr Marvel Akpoyibo(Lagos CP)
The police chief held the congregation, which included police, road safety and prison officials spellbound as he na the story of his life as a member of The Pyrates while in school and when, as a young officer, he was advised by his seniors to seek for spiritual protection and arm himself with charms in order to survive in the Police Force.

His words: “As soon as I joined the Police Force, all the old policemen came to me and said, young man, you are a graduate, you think you will do this job with your long certificate? I say what do you mean? How can you be a policeman and you don’t belong to Ogboni. You don’t have charms, you don’t belong to any cult? I told them I was a Pyrate when I entered the university. Everybody I met told me the same story. That was how I started acquiring charms. Distance was not a barrier.

“Even when anybody said there was a strong native doctor somewhere, I was there. The more I acquired these charms, the more the devil would tell me you have not arrived yet. There’s still one you’ve not gotten.

“My wife and I were living in a duplex. From the rooftop to the bottom became like a shrine and each time I was going to work I would use one hour to equip myself. There were some padlocks they gave to me, very heavy padlocks, and the enemy locked the padlocks. He didn’t stop there, he threw away the key and said I should put the padlock in my pocket. By the time I finished dressing up, if you saw my pocket, you would think “I was carrying money. They were useless padlocks. Even with all these, I was still afraid. The Bible says Christ is the light and in him there’s no darkness at all.

I was living in fear. Until one day I met a man who said his name was Ikuku amana onya. He took me to the forest and there I saw all the demons in the Iroko tree. They were communicating with the old man in the language I didn’t understand and a mighty pot came out from the ground with cowries around it. He was commanding a whole senior police officer to strip myself naked in the forest and wash my body with it. He brought cowries and native chalk and gave them to me. He said well, these ones are power.

Thereafter, the ground opened again and swallowed the pot and I was commanded to go away without looking back, otherwise, I would be destroyed. I turned and went back to the man. I got there around 2 a.m., the old man said young man you are a very lucky man. I said what do you mean, he said I have just gone through a very terrible ritual, that if the content of that pot had been human blood, I would have died three days after the ritual. He said the content was ordinary water. The old man was telling me don’t you know I don’t have life to give to you? You are a fool; you are only lucky. So I left the place.

“I didn’t know my cousin had been interceding for me. He was born again, he’s a military officer, he has been waiting on the Lord, I did not know. I don’t know how much time you’ve spent interceding for your friends who have not known Christ.

“One day, I wouldn’t say I was sleeping because I was very conscious of my environment and Ikuku a maghi onya came, all those demons I have been consulting, they invaded my privacy and entered my private bedroom. My wife was not seeing them but I was seeing them. They said that was the appointment I had with them. They said that we agreed that I was going to die. They said that was the covenant I made when they were cutting my body.

“In my heart I said, before they will finally kill me a name I have never mentioned before came to my mouth. I now said, ‘In the name of Jesus.’ The heaven opened and fire came and consumed them. Ikuku amana onya and his cohorts were running for their lives. If you are a child of God, you will never backslide.”

The police chief’s confession was intermittently interrupted with claps by members of the congregation who witnessed the event at the TREM headquarters.

At the end of his testimony, the presiding Bishop of TREM, Dr Mike Okonkwo prayed for the police boss as well as other police officers present.

The Bishop also presented various security gadgets, including walkie-talkies and revolving light as well as computers to the police and other security agencies.

Re: Police Chief Denounces Occult by AKO1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2008
Old things have passed away wink
Re: Police Chief Denounces Occult by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2008
who believe that story??

i wonno read u write allellujahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Police Chief Denounces Occult by obinna5000(m): 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2008
Glory be to God. cheesy Halleluyah!!!!! cheesy
Re: Police Chief Denounces Occult by PastorAIO: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2008
If this guy told this story in England he would be sectioned for diminished responsibility.
Re: Police Chief Denounces Occult by AKO1(m): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2008
Pastor AIO:
If this guy told this story in England he would be sectioned for diminished responsibility.
Kilon je be?
Re: Police Chief Denounces Occult by kufreabasi(m): 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2008
speak the truth and shame the devil.
Old things have pass away
Re: Police Chief Denounces Occult by PastorAIO: 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2008
A_K_O:

Kilon je be?

Diminished responsibility is when you are no longer in control of your faculties so therefore you can't be blamed for your actions. In other words you are gone cuckoo. The flying spirits coming into his house etc. Not that I disbelieve him, but you can only declare such things in the right context.
Re: Police Chief Denounces Occult by olabowale(m): 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2008
Was the Idobale (laying flat on his stomach) necessary to the confession?

Oh boy. 9ja and their gimmicks! lol. I think it is Christian style, sha. So anything is possible.

(1) (Reply)

Was Eve Justified In Eating Of The Tree Of Knowledge? / The Endtime Mantle Of Elijah -maurice Sklar / (THE VIRTUE OF Patience)…patience Is Not The Length Of The Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.