Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,687 members, 7,862,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

Limited Dreams - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Limited Dreams (628 Views)

Jamb Shattered My Dreams And This Is The Aftermath / Top 10 Amazing Facts About Dreams!!! / Share Your Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Limited Dreams by MP007(m): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2008
i remember the time for naija, after jjs3 , its either you wanted to become a doctor, lawyer or acountant, thats all it took to make the decision that we shape up our lives, but wait ooo, wanna share why u choose either commerical, science or art, ART students ? hmmmm, they were seen as retarded suckers back in my days in high school, dont believe they are but,

back to the issue of limited dreams, so u end up in a university come realise say o boi many correct carriers dey ooooo but by that time its too late, what do u think?
Re: Limited Dreams by lobinoxebe(m): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2008
man you re right, this is the bets post so far in this education forum,

it happened to me while i was in jss3 going to ss1, Althouhg in my school, we did all subject in ss1 i mean both science, commercial, and art, which your performance will determine your level,

i graduated as a science student with the aim of becomming a medical doctor, but after some time i found myself doing electrical engineering, ( no dream), back in 2005, I discovered my reeal talent, which is writting lyrics and am also good at marketting, ( what should we call that),

what we need in Nigeria is a NGO that offers free counselling, i mean doing a collaboration with all universities and secondary schools in Nigeria offering free career counselling,

God will help me to do that anyway,
Re: Limited Dreams by iice(f): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2008
They shouldn't have split the whole thing into science, arts and commercial.
A person will lack knowledge in certain areas. Also what we were programmed to pursue undecided. Students should be made aware of the options available, the hundreds of careers people can pursue. They should be made aware of the possibilities in the world.
Arrghhh aswerigad, the educational system sef angry

(1) (Reply)

I Need Ideas Pls! / My Project / Ondo Pre-degree: Wats Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.