Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like (1411 Views)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / Working And Running Masters And ICAN At The Same Time. Is This Possible? / Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like by 377: 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2008
Guys i rounded up my NYSC yesterday and i picked up a masters degree form from a Abia State University in Finance Though i passed through that school with a 2.1 in finance can any one in the house tell me how Msc programme look like is it stressfull like Bsc or can someone get it with an ease and forge ahead with life.pls any body who has completed his programme should educate me more on this.
Re: How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like by Redfox(m): 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2008
Msc is definitely less stressful to Bsc.u have to note that Msc is strictly research-inclined,defined mostly by ur ability to comprehend the course work on ur own with little classroom aid,it is relatively more interactive.one advantage is that it allows u the time to do other things,hey!with Msc u are more relevant in the macro-market.keep up.
Re: How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like by DisGuy: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2008
how come Nigerian universities don't post their course content online?

http://www.absuportal.com/ this website is dreadful!!
Re: How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like by DisGuy: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2008
Redfox:

Msc is definitely less stressful to Bsc.u have to note that Msc is strictly research-inclined,defined mostly by your ability to comprehend the course work on your own with little classroom aid,it is relatively more interactive.one advantage is that it allows u the time to do other things,hey!with Msc u are more relevant in the macro-market.keep up.

some Msc courses are available as taught programmes depending on where you do your course
Re: How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like by ishmael(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2008
Redfox:

Msc is definitely less stressful to Bsc.u have to note that Msc is strictly research-inclined,defined mostly by your ability to comprehend the course work on your own with little classroom aid,it is relatively more interactive.one advantage is that it allows u the time to do other things,hey!with Msc u are more relevant in the macro-market.keep up.

Not all MSc courses please. Msc Statistics is more stressful than Bsc Statistics.
Re: How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2008
I did a 2 year MSc in the Netherlands, actually thats normal MSc duration, and it was really challenging, I had to step up, since my naija background had holes, If you had a 2-1, why not try applying for scholarships and see if you can school outside, except if of course you go to Lagos Business school, am not so sure abt the quality of our MSc courses,
Re: How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like by 377: 8:53am On Sep 17, 2008
wavemaster
I saw ur write up.but the point is that can you link me up with any how i can apply for scholarship in any of these foreign schools because am about starting the programme but if any thing good comes out i can abandone it.thanks.
Re: How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like by Redfox(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2008
To dis guy
Am aware of the fact that that we have taught-based and research-based Msc, but u will agree with me that the taught-based is more research-inclined than Bsc.

To Ishmael
Don’t get me wrong, if u truly understood the courses taught during your undergraduate days, then u would not have much problem tackling the Msc, that applies to every other course. Presently it has become obvious that students spend their quality time chasing grades rather than knowledge. Besides what could be so difficult in statistics. most areas of specialization in Msc statistics revolves around the concept of TIME SERIES ANALYSIS, INFERENCE(LABORATORY),ESTIMATION TECHNIQUES, DESIGN OF EXPERIMENT AND SAMPLING THEORY AND THE USE OF STATISTICAL PACKAGES LIKE STATA,EVIEWS,MINITAB,SPSS,SAS etc TO ANALYSE THESE THINGS.hey I know what am saying, try me.

To 377[color=#990000][/color]
Ma guy 377,u can settle for a better postgraduate school preferably in a federal university or Lagos business school(LBS) instead of ABSU, for scholarship(s) watch out for the PTDF SCHOLARSHIP COMING UP NEXT MONTH,APPLY FOR THE DFID SCHOLARSHIP THROUGH THE BRITISH COUNCIL OR EXPLORE THE BANKPHB EDUCATION LOAN and please there are a lot of fake scholarship bodies home and abroad, and also a lot unaccreditated universities abroad, tread carefully. Thank you
Re: How Is Msc (masters) Experience Like by ishmael(m): 12:17am On Nov 16, 2008
Redfox:

To this guy
Am aware of the fact that that we have taught-based and research-based Msc, but u will agree with me that the taught-based is more research-inclined than Bsc.

To Ishmael
Don’t get me wrong, if u truly understood the courses taught during your undergraduate days, then u would not have much problem tackling the Msc, that applies to every other course. Presently it has become obvious that students spend their quality time chasing grades rather than knowledge. Besides what could be so difficult in statistics. most areas of specialization in Msc statistics revolves around the concept of TIME SERIES ANALYSIS, INFERENCE(LABORATORY),ESTIMATION TECHNIQUES, DESIGN OF EXPERIMENT AND SAMPLING THEORY AND THE USE OF STATISTICAL PACKAGES LIKE STATA,EVIEWS,MINITAB,SPSS,SAS etc TO ANALYSE THESE THINGS.hey I know what am saying, try me.

yes, Msc is suppose to be easier than Bsc, but it has never been in nigeria with the kind of wicked people we have as lecturers. They are not always happy seeing people bagging Msc Degrees and catching up with them.

(1) (Reply)

Il Bagno, Who Knows Them / Join Motivational Speakers In Nigeria And Make Millions Of Naira / Chevron Attorney Skill Test 2022 By Dragnet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.