Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,167 members, 7,849,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. (718 Views)

El-Rufai Administers Polio Vaccine To His Son Today In Kaduna / After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st / Ex-igp Abba Removed For Indiscipline In The Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. by QuotaSyste(m): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7612996.stm

The chief of a village in northern Nigeria has been suspended from office for divorcing his wife because she had her children immunised against polio.

Buluma Ali has been ordered to re-unite with his wife or face "dethronement".

The head of Maisandari district said a traditional ruler was supposed to educate subjects on the importance of getting children immunised.

In 2003, some Nigerian Islamic leaders said the immunisations were part of a Western plot to make Muslims infertile.

They brought a halt to the vaccination campaign in the north of the country for a year, during which the number of new cases exploded.

"[Mr Ali] still believes that polio vaccine can render children infertile," Borno State spokesman Usman Ciroma told AFP news agency.

According to the UN World Health Organization, Nigeria is the only country in Africa and one of the four worldwide where polio is still endemic.
Re: Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. by cold(m): 10:33am On Sep 13, 2008
I don't like the idea of discriminatin against pple based on tribe,ethnicity,religion etc.But goodness gracious!!What is wrong with this pple.
Re: Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. by QuotaSyste(m): 10:43am On Sep 13, 2008
cold:

I don't like the idea of discriminatin against people based on tribe,ethnicity,religion etc.But goodness gracious!!What is wrong with this people.
Who are these people? So pointing out their malice, for you is discrimination against them?
Re: Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. by abdurrazaq(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2008
No be today now angry grin
Re: Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. by cold(m): 10:54am On Sep 13, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Who are these people? So pointing out their malice, for you is discrimination against them?

I wasn't referin to u,i was directin my statement to the north/northerners.U shld hav known beta.
Re: Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. by QuotaSyste(m): 11:40am On Sep 13, 2008
cold:

I wasn't referin to u,i was directin my statement to the north/northerners.You shld hav known beta.
I never said you were referring to me. I know exactly whom you were referrig to, buy you should call their name as it is, that is the hausas. Stop using "these people" as if you are hiding and making your comments. Who do you want to please?
Re: Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. by cold(m): 11:47am On Sep 13, 2008
Weneva i decide to taq on d north it's always a "no holds barred"thin 4 me.I pull all the stops & taq no prisoners.Let's just say 2day isn't one of those days.
Re: Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. by c33b33(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2008
When that child becomes deformed.the next step is to send him/her to big cities to beg for alms!sick mentality!
Re: Hausa Anti-polio Chief Removed For Going Against Immunisation. by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2008
Nigerians please save Nigeria !!!

(1) (Reply)

Yaradua Orders Building Of New Refineries / What Nigerianz Are Like / Rivers State Is Now A No Go Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.