Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format (693 Views)

How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room / HELPPPP!!!! My External Hard Disk Drive Is In Trouble / Good Nairalanders, Helpppp: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format by hustla(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2008
After instaln a mac pimpin stuff tha t bigroovar provided ma system just refused to come on after a few days n after switchin the stf off witout shuttin down safely, it just loads, shows one blue screen for like 2secs and goes back again to start rebootin, it wont format and ma frnd says i shld go n backdate it, wat do yall gurus say?
Re: Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format by DualCore1: 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2008
hustla:

what do yall say?
i say we go over to bigroova's crib and run him over for not putting a not-for-kids clause wen giving out tht tweak! grin grin grin

Poster, explain ur problem well please, i'm thinking u've got SATA issues, but please explain in details wat ur beef is, so we can grill it. wink
Re: Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format by akannitao(m): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2008
there is something we call blue screen of death. it comes up just the way you described what you have seen on your sys. it usually refers to a bad hard disk, but in your case i wouldn,t want to jump into conclusion. try getting out your hard disk and connect to another sys thru usb and try accessing the hard disk. if it doesn't open or takes too long to access, or even if it displays any error, you will have to change your hard disk. i'm sure one of these will most likely happen. be careful handling your lappy anyway.08025755375
Re: Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format by mmonwuba(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2008
the proplem could be a sata issue. But since u say it shows the blue screen and restarts, the issue could be from so many places like bad driver, wrong tweaking and possibly hard disk or the ram. What you should do is to boot the system and after it performs the P.O.S.T. you press F8, or you can press F8 continously as the system starts ( note! the F8 should be pressed before the os loads). Now you would be shown a windows start up screen, use ur directional arrow keys to select disable automatic resart on error, cant remember the exact line but its something close to that. when the blue screen occurs again, it would not restart. Get the information on the screen and post it here. With that, we can diagnose the fault with the system.
Re: Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format by blackracle(m): 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2008
i believe u have sata issues when trying to format.about the blue screen,a lot of things could cause that(but most likely the tweak u added).try to get a windows xp cd that includes sata drivers.that should solve ur problem with formatting.
Re: Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format by cecegorz(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2008
Why not provide the model of ur lappy, it will help in giving u d best resolution.
Lets say if its the newer HPs (from nx6310s to the Dv-Pavillions), u have an F11 option during booting that allows u to reload ur system OS to factory default. u can make use of that effortlessly.

However if u're formatting a SATA HDD without that option, first go to setup with F2/F10/DEL buttons (depending on ur brand spec.) to disable SATA first.
Then, slam in ur OS cd to load setup files.

All d best. Let's know hw it rolls.
Re: Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format by sojioguns(m): 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2008
blackracle is right. You need either a WinXP CD with SATA drivers or u need to download drivers for your motherboard to when booting from the WinXP CD u have, would be prompted to pressF12 (i think) to load hard disk controllers.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help My Pc / Dns Plz / New Toshiba Portege R400-s4832 Notebook Pc - For Sale =n=95,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.