Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,274 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

How Patroitic Are You? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Patroitic Are You? (910 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Patroitic Are You? by tinuk: 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2008
Fellow landers
will u please help me out here? the question is are u patroitic?
pls put ur self in ds scenerio

After finishing Secondary school u were advised to go to the university/polytechnic so as to have a better chance in the
job searching market. u went through that and yours faithfully the first thing u heard from our dearest employer is discrimination
btw HND and Bsc or ur grade is too low we require for distinction or 2:1 or Upper credit better still if u have a proffessional exam
and being a hardworking fellow u finished ICAN, then u recieved the Good news that if only u have Masters then u are the one we've been waiting for aftre completing ur Masters one way or the other u find urself looking Phd in the face.

Then the precious evergreen employers said "WE ARE VERY SORRY U ARE TOO OLD"

Well being a good Nigerian u took it hard but latter comes to terms with urself, the hassle begins how to eat, cloth urself,and one
bright morning while u were thinking of how to get food to eat u did not eat the night before, there was a summon from the PRESIDENT COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES. asking u to sign up to defend ur country in a war caused by dispute in Land mark.

Tell me what is the first thing that will come to ur mind?
your opinion matters please share.
Re: How Patroitic Are You? by Sisikill: 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2008
Wow! This is a tough one, I honestly don't know what I'd do but my first instinct will be "Heck no! Are you kidding me? So I'm not too old for the one, right?" I guess I'll just wait and see what others say. . . maybe someone will make a convincing argument for not thinking that way
Re: How Patroitic Are You? by chiogo(f): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2008
I'll be like "Bleep that!!!". Anyway, I don't pray to waste my time in college, that'd be just stupid.

That's why it's good to do research instead of diving and taking courses after courses and getting degrees after degrees.

It's all about the ch-ching! You can study for 10 yrs and make less than someone who studied for 4yrs.

Anywayz, this case doesn't really apply to me because i don't stay in Nigeria but like i said, I won't be "patriotic" if i went thru all that.
Re: How Patroitic Are You? by Morenike3(f): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2008
Only in Nigeria willt hey tell you you're too old to go back to school undecided

@post
No, I'm not that patriotic.

Like someone said, Bleep that! I'm not dying for anyone abeg,
esp for naija, that's hell to da no
Re: How Patroitic Are You? by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 14, 2008
I'm not really into patriotism.

I'm more of a realist, and do what best suits myself, and my family.
Re: How Patroitic Are You? by iice(f): 3:46am On Sep 15, 2008
More patriotic than nationalistic undecided
But lol have never been overly zealous about patriotism no matter which/what country grin

(1) (Reply)

Demolition Continues In Gwagwalada,abuja / Can Some One Translate The Following Words From English To Edo/ Bini Language(2) / Deji Of Akure Deposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.