Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: (1989 Views)

Gbenga Daniel Celebrates 59th Birthday / Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by macyozo(m): 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2008
WE ALL KNOW NIGERIA S WOUNDS LL TAKE A LONG TIME TO REPAIR AND MOST OF OUR RULERS ARENT HELPING . BUT IF WE REALLY HAVE TO CHOOSE IM SURE WE LL ALL AGREE THAT THIS MAN HAS DONE MORE THAN ANY OTHER GOVERNOR. DONT GET ME WRONG I NO TALK SAY E NO DEY CHOP O, IN FACT E DE CHOP WELL WELL BUT MY MAN DELIVERS TOO WHICH OTHERS HAVE NOT BEEN DOIN. IF ONLY U KNEW WHAT OGUN STATE WAS LIKE 8 YRS AGO
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by fizokey(m): 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2008
Yea right, best governor my foot. You wisper that to the birds, left for me Gov Fashola is the best,
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by RibaduFan(m): 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2008
Joker
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by macyozo(m): 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2008
pls dont compare lagos to anyother state in nigeria, lagos can sustain itself and has a lot of sources of income, industries etc. u would only understand what im sayin if u saw abeokuta yrs back and now
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by Arnold1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2008
I have heard that Gbenga Daniel has tried in Ogun state. I don't know about him being best gov though.

By the way, what was Ogun's debt profile in 2003 and now ?
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by macyozo(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2008
besides , u really get to know the true colour of a governor after he has been re-elected into office for second term. so pls give my guy some credit
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by macyozo(m): 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2008
not sure of the debt profile
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by Ibime(m): 11:15pm On Sep 13, 2008
A very intelligent and forthright mentor of mine is good friends with Gbenga Daniel and has vouched for his character so I don't doubt that he is a good governor.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by dayokanu(m): 2:05am On Sep 14, 2008
please don't compare lagos to anyother state in nigeria, lagos can sustain itself and has a lot of sources of income, industries etc. u would only understand what im sayin if u saw abeokuta years back and now

What is the population of Ogun STate compared to Lagos State
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by TheSly: 2:08am On Sep 14, 2008
Gbenga Daniel faces impeachment! cheesy

THE crisis rocking the Ogun State chapter of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has assumed a new dimension with the planned impeachment of the State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, on Wednesday by the factions believed to be loyal to former president, Olusegun Obasanjo and Speaker Dimeji Bankole.

Sunday Tribune reliably gathered that the impeachment of the state governor would be tabled by the State House of Assembly, after a vote of no confidence would have been passed on him by the lawmakers.

It was also learnt that House members, who are in the minority but loyal to the former president and Speaker Bankole, are being used against the governor. This group of lawmakers, it was also gathered, were led by the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Hon. Tunji Egbetokun.

It was reliably gathered that the recent visit of some lawmakers from the state to Speaker Dimeji Bankole was to perfect strategies towards the impeachment of the governor.

The lawmakers, it was also learnt, after meeting with the Speaker, were hosted by Senator Iyabo Obasanjo whose father is believed to be in the forefront of those planning for the impeachment of the state governor.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/14092008/news/news1.html

Thank You Nigeria!!!
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by bawomolo(m): 2:13am On Sep 14, 2008
Ibime:

A very intelligent and forthright mentor of mine is good friends with Gbenga Daniel and has vouched for his character so I don't doubt that he is a good governor.

he/she is friends with gbenga daniels, what do u expect the person to say?

lol@the impeachment attempt
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by Nigeria10: 3:33am On Sep 14, 2008
i think gbenga daniel should humble himself and go and offer obasanjo apology. you do not walk out on your elder. and you do not remove elected officer. what would younger nigerian think about if. they would believe it right to do so too.

an apology sir. God would ask him to give account.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by dayokanu(m): 4:54am On Sep 14, 2008
Apologise for what? Apologise to OBJ for what.

OBJ deserves no respect from anyone
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by macyozo(m): 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2008
the impeachment is to be executed being planned by obj and bankole's followers in the house of assembly. trust me the wont be the first time they would be planning a vote of no confidence and it wont be their last. u cant satisfy everybody. this has nothing to do with his performance anyway.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by Nigeria10: 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2008
dayo.  hold what every you have against obasanjo to yourself. but even religion have rule. we are in a democratic govt. governors do not  have power to remove people. even if it is party officer.

make una go abroad to be exposed. zone or no zoning. the man he remove was elected. the other i assume was not elected. if anyone should be remove is the unelected one. not the elected one. under the military you can do that but under the civilian govt. no one should still be doing that.

OBJ deserves no respect from anyone

you i was able to prove that the obasanjo govt census 2006 was a fraud, i never attack obasanjo and i am not attacking chief gbenga.but sometime, you do thing because God want you to do it. do you think he refused to offer apology, he would sleep well each night. No he would not. he would continue to watch his back and he may not last for 4 years extra. but if he is smart. he would know their are time to be smart.

Is it not saying i am sorry. ordinary 7 words. and is that enough for them to unseat him, even if they can't, in future he would need them. ta ni mola.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by Bellini: 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2008
I don't know your yardstick of picking Gbenga Daniel as the best governor. What about fashola or is it because of you are close to him or his supporter. Well, if you want to justify yourself you should at least mention 3 laudable project executed by his govt. to enable nairalanders to access him
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by macyozo(m): 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2008
HE HAS EXUCUTED FAR MORE THAN 3 MAJOR PROJECTS I DONT WANT TO SOUND LIKE A FOLLOWER SO I WONT START LISTING BUT TRUST ME THAT GUY HAS GOT VISION AND IS A VERY SMART PERSON. I EARLIER SAID LAGOS SHOULD NOT BE COMPARED TO OTHER STATES CUZ IT MIGHT BE THE SMALLEST IN SIZE BUT ITS THE BIGGEST IN EVERY OTHER ASPECT SO EVEN THE GOVERNOR HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO DO SMTHN BUT IM TELLING U DANIEL WOULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB IN LAGOS.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by tpia: 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2008
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by agaba123(m): 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2008
comparing a second term gov with first term gov's may not be a fair comparison
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by macyozo(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2008
my point, gbenga daniel is in his second term has nothing to lose and is still performing. fashola would definately want to come back so he has to impress
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by BigB11(m): 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2008
Guys, do not let us get carried away. Governors still represent one of our main problems in Nigeria.
A governor position represents a great life time retirement plan (99% of these folks do not have any plans to ever work again after the completion of their terms).
Hence, for those 4 0r 8 years in the office, these folks find various ways to set themselves up for life. I'm sorry to inform you that Fashola and Daniel are not exceptional, they are also among them (the thieves).

Do not fool yourselves; at least for now, there isn't such thing as best Governor in Nigeria. May be, we should change this topic to "Gbenga Daniel Currently the best thief of all"

FYI: regardless of the circumstances, Gbenga Daniel Kissed OBJ dirty ass for 4 straight years, simply because OBJ was living in Aso rock. He became very big or too big for himself as soon as his god father (OBJ) relocated. He is now very disrespectful and currently not on talking terms with OBJ.
OBJ is absolutely not my man, but Mr. Daniel's action is simply ridiculous and represents a sell out.

I do not have respect for folks (sycophants) with such mentality.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by DeepZone: 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2008
undecided undecided
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by macyozo(m): 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2008
he s got a point there. i no talk say dem no be thieves but some de even steal no look back try develop thier state at all take oyo for example
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by BigB11(m): 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2008
Gbenga Daniel faces impeachment?

THE crisis rocking the Ogun State chapter of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has assumed a new dimension with the planned impeachment of the State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, on Wednesday by the factions believed to be loyal to former president, Olusegun Obasanjo and Speaker Dimeji Bankole.

Sunday Tribune reliably gathered that the impeachment of the state governor would be tabled by the State House of Assembly, after a vote of no confidence would have been passed on him by the lawmakers.

It was also learnt that House members, who are in the minority but loyal to the former president and Speaker Bankole, are being used against the governor. This group of lawmakers, it was also gathered, were led by the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Hon. Tunji Egbetokun.

It was reliably gathered that the recent visit of some lawmakers from the state to Speaker Dimeji Bankole was to perfect strategies towards the impeachment of the governor.

The lawmakers, it was also learnt, after meeting with the Speaker, were hosted by Senator Iyabo Obasanjo whose father is believed to be in the forefront of those planning for the impeachment of the state governor.

Part of the decision reached at the Abuja meeting, according to a reliable Sunday Tribune source, was that those lawmakers who did not accompany the pro-impeachment lawmakers to Abuja would either be suspended or expelled from the House after which the impeachment of the state governor would be tabled on the floor of the House.

Sunday Tribune also learnt that Obasanjo’s grouse against Governor Daniel was his insistence that the senatorial chairman of the party, for Ogun Central, Tunde Osholake, be replaced, in order not to destroy the political balancing in the state. The state chapter of the party, was said to have, through the governor, impressed it on Osholake to vacate the senatorial chairmanship position because the speaker, who succeeded Hon. Titi Oseni, hails from the Obafemi/Owode local government.

The party was said to have, after the impreach-ment of the former speaker, rezoned the office of the senatorial chairman to Odeda local government, where Hon. Bode Mustapha hails from.

The new arrangement Sunday Tribune gathered, did not go down well with Obasanjo, who saw the action as being targeted at him. Obasanjo was said to have been miffed with the move by Daniel to render him politically impotent in the state. He was said to have vowed to give it all it takes, to ensure the exit of Daniel from the seat of power before the expiration of his tenure.

Chief Obasanjo was said to have declared that he was not ready to allow himself to be so treated by Governor Daniel the way he is being treated in the party at the national level. It was gathered that Obasanjo decided to stand against the replacement of Osholake as the senatorial chairman because Osholake is allegedly his stoogee and man Friday.

Contrary to media report that the Ogun State governor walked out on the former president at the party’s zonal meeting in Ibadan, Sunday Tribune gathered that the Ogun State governor actually informed the zonal leadership of the party before the commencement of the meeting that he would not stay till the end of the meeting because he had to attend to some pressing state matters.

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.tribune.com.ng"
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by Arnold1(m): 12:06am On Sep 15, 2008
Big B1:

Guys, do not let us get carried away. Governors still represent one of our main problems in Nigeria.
A governor position represents a great life time retirement plan (99% of these folks do not have any plans to ever work again after the completion of their terms).
Hence, for those 4 0r 8 years in the office, these folks find various ways to set themselves up for life. I'm sorry to inform you that Fashola and Daniel are not exceptional, they are also among them (the thieves).

Do not fool yourselves; at least for now, there isn't such thing as best Governor in Nigeria. May be, we should change this topic to "Gbenga Daniel Currently the best thief of all"

FYI: regardless of the circumstances, Gbenga Daniel Kissed OBJ dirty ass for 4 straight years, simply because OBJ was living in Aso rock. He became very big or too big for himself as soon as his god father (OBJ) relocated. He is now very disrespectful and currently not on talking terms with OBJ.
OBJ is absolutely not my man, but Mr. Daniel's action is simply ridiculous and represents a sell out.

I do not have respect for folks (sycophants) with such mentality.

You are just making noise. Stop making general statements. Give specific examples of where Fashola and Gbenga Daniel have stolen or
forever hold your peace.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by BigB11(m): 12:16am On Sep 15, 2008
My man, you don't have to believe my statement.

If positively grading Gbenga Daniel or Fashola makes you a happy man, please, kindly knock yourself out!
The bright ones know what time is it.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by Arnold1(m): 12:21am On Sep 15, 2008
You should not make blatant statements like "Gbenga Daniel Currently the best thief of all" without
any proof whatsoever.

If you have any reason to think he is not performing or he is stealing, please state your reasons. If you don't,
then you have no business responding to this thread at all.

You just can't call Fashola and Gbenga Daniel thieves by virtue of them being governors. Even the Nigerian
lively press has not labeled them as such, yet, you are quick to call them thieves.

Abeg tell us, what have they stolen and where is your source
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by BigB11(m): 12:34am On Sep 15, 2008
Yes, you're right!
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by Nigeria10: 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2008
it is now 24 hrs after i ask you to list out what fashola have done so far can't you find 3 and post,  i really want to know,  is it difficult to do,

you see to judge a govt you show facilities and building he as built,  if you can find one,  then you know that person have failed. if you know write nigeria history, they would tell you obasanjo built the stadium in abuja, 

so list out. i am waiting. any govt who can not show facilities and building  they built is a failure i can point to 3000 what jakande and mudashiru built in lagos.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by tpia: 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2008
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by jaso1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2008
I think the poster of this topic lack some vitamins in his communique. Please if i may asked, what and what full your mind that entails this unjustified conclusion? in your answer to this question, include your town /city in your comment.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Currently The Best Governor Of All: by Arnold1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2008

Ogun lawmakers pass vote of confidence in Daniel

MEMBERS of the Ogun State House of Assembly, on Tuesday at their resumed sitting after a two-week recess, passed a vote of confidence in the state governor, Chief Gbenga Daniel, and the leadership of the state House of Assembly led by its Speaker, Honourable Tunji Egbetokun.

Also, a solidarity rally in support of the Daniel-led administration by party faithful from all the 20 local government areas of the state was held at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Secretariat in Abeokuta, the state capital.

Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/17092008/news/news5.html

(1) (Reply)

Acute Nerve Damage: Babangida Has One Leg Left ! / We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku / Goodluck Jonathan Spent $1m Aid Money On Jay-z Whilst Governor Of Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.