Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

The Nigerian Estate Agent You Need To Be Careful Of - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Nigerian Estate Agent You Need To Be Careful Of (1016 Views)

Nigerian Mothers Shld Be More Careful With Their Young Daughters Around Men / Raising Your Children The Nigerian Way When Married To A Foreigner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Estate Agent You Need To Be Careful Of by NubianQ(f): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2008
I normally come to the defense of Nigeria anywhere i am, not in all topics but in a majority of them. one has been with fraud,
I needed to rent a new place from the old ugly one (or as a person told my friend "crap house she had to stay in"wink  all in a  Bid to start my life  all over, i met a Nigerian estate agent and even went to his office to discuss options.We decided on a flat and he took me to view the property. i paid a holding fee and was to pay the rest within 7 days. i made a full payment and called him on the phone to tell him. nextday i ring him and he says the flat is gone!!! i am thinking, wait a minute,  shocked  that means that my 7days holding fee was in vain (thankfully i had signed an agreement). i then ask him to refund my money and then he says the wont give me back all of it because he can keep my holding fee and a months rent because normally taking a place here requires a months rent and a months deposit. so he can only give me less than half of my money.

i had to get an enforcement agency involved and though i am on the final stages of getting all my money back he came up with another story that he will take admin charges from it!!!  i was embarrassed because my fellow country man can do this and the person working with me on this case just said she couldn't believe that Nigerians could be mean to themselves. i can only say  i have been lucky because i know my rights but i wonder what other people in London go through if they meet this man. speaking to some other Nigerians, they did tell me that they never ever use naija estate agents because of scams. all i did was believe that we are all not the same. i know we have honest Nigerians out there but please if any one of you wants to get any service make sure there is paperwork. thankfully i had mine!

On one final note, to people living in london. be careful because sometimes you can get scammed.
Re: The Nigerian Estate Agent You Need To Be Careful Of by dani1luv: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2008
undecided MAN that jst too much 4 me to read

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Igbo Name / Urhobo 11 / Can Nigeria For Once Do A Movie Without Emphasis On Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.