Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (65709 Views)

Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / How Long Does Green Card Application Processing Take ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by dagurl: 2:48am On Jul 29, 2010
idocare:

I agree with you when you say there are all kinds of reasons people use others;
I believe my ex reason was denials he received from the embassey the times he
tried to come on his own. Back then I didn't know much about immigration and
how some other countries want to be in America. I didn't know that your passport
is stamped every time you attempt to migrate and I really didn't know that his last
attempt to migrate the moral way was denied within a very short period of him
wooing me to the alter.

Although there may be some cases where the man intended to marry only for purpose's of a greencard benefit and decided to stay with his victim are few and
far between compared to the many that will Marry with intent to scam.

Some will Marry whom ever belives their scam first and is willing to file those papers
to get them where they want to be, some marry partners much older then them
knowing that they will never fall in love with them, and to them it makes it so much
more easier for them to later put their exit plots into play.

I found that at end of the day; If it feels too good to be true it probably is, seems as
tho many people will use religion as a bonding factor with zero fear of God. It's just sad all the way around. The deceiver fails to realize that what they do to another will eventaully come back to them 7-fold. Their kids won't respect them nor appreciate what they have done to the Mother that cared for them while the man ran away and left that women to imput morals and values in their kids.

Actually I feel that any man that can plant and seed and stay around long enough to name it then abandon that seed without knowing how the seed is sprouting has some serious issues within themselves, especially if they continue to call themselves religious, there's nothing holy about marrying for greencard benefits and planting a seed that they know they have zero intentions of sticking around for.

People that have done that to others may be laughing now and having a good time talking to family and friends about how the whole scam played out, but they just don't realize that they are also telling them that they care about nobody but themselves and could at any time also scam them. Just as they can turn there back on the children they create; they must find it equally easy to do the same to the other family members as well.

Many people are still too embarressed to talk about being a victim of a marriage scam
however I've always been one to be honest and call it what it is.

I'm still wondering if that's how professionals act in my ex homeland Nigeria, do they go after what they want at the expense of hurting others, I'm wondering if his family is ashamed of what he's done or if they're high fiving him for all the hurt and pain that he has brought on me and his son, or do they even realize the deptness of the situation we all find ourselves in.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by dagurl: 3:37am On Jul 29, 2010
When ambition is hungry morals go out of the door. My proverb! All of the response to this question is relevant. Relevant because if we example the facts and put the heart in perspective we will have our answer. We need to find away to keep Africans in this country if you are an African who came here by force by way the atlantics or by force by way of air plane(for work) Diaspora or otherwise. The truth is you are here for wholesale labor. Energy creates wealth for those who made it possible for you to be here but chaos was also was created to keep division. They need your labor but don’t want to colonial mind to waken or the slave mentality to realize they are Africans too. Up up you mighty people, endure you must or be crushed.
You scramble for your citizenship and does care that you hurt, trick or destroy but this society over here practice individualism. They compartmentalize all of us, Ghanaians for the Ghanaians, Liberians for the Liberians, so and so forth. Our task should be to organize and bring all of us together to get in to dialogue about creating a market to keep our brother and systars in this country without misusing each other. We should be on the watch for financial and emotional snipers and bring awareness to that kind of criminality, Let’s face it the face of imperialism and capitalism creates a class syndrome whereby some of our peoples think they have arrived in their middleclass status while some barely survive. This is sickness people. Most of us, if not all depend on them for our bread and butter. We don’t own shot. We all can be in this situation one day, where we have to lie and cheat in order to survive. The task, the challenge the charge is how we help each other over come. If we work this out, it will help to cut down on the leaving your children behind because you didn’t really want that woman or man. Let’s stop committed assisted genocide on our people and find ways to help solve this immigration problem that plagues our peps.
Theoretical perhaps but we can put this in to practice. Put in to practice what we can do to change policy that causes further division and is the cause of our neurosis. LET THE TALKS BEGAN, PLEASE!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chux4liv(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2010
Reading this forum from onset I first felt nothing was wrong doing arranged marriage but toward the end I felt sorry for the ladies who got divorced by their Nigerian counter-part angry angry angry its really a sad story but one must learn to forgive, Its the present state of Nigerian economy that had warrant such if not i see no reason why someone will leave his country to nationalize in another country. I apologize on behalf of aggrieved women below, Please FORGIVE your ex-husband and do not have the impression all Nigerian are the same.

idocare:

Biabeke link=topic=17157.msg3224645#msg3224645 date=1229299633:

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 05, 2011
I have been attending the Redeemed Christian church for quite some time. I married a man who is a member of thier church. This man used me for citizenship and he is high ranking member of this church in Malaysia and a member of the church, for 18 yrs in Nigeria. I supported him financially for 4 years, Sponsored him to Canada ,loved him and gave him a son. He left me a couple weeks after he gained his citizenship. This has been after 5 years of marriage and being a devoted wife to him. The church has assisted him to leave me and encouraged him to abandon me and our son. They are gossipers and mean hearted people. I have called both pastors for help in reconciling our marriage. They offered me no prayer or any kind of support what so ever. Even some of the other members in the church who did not like what my husband did to me spoke out and tired to support me and the pastor came down hard on them and discouraged them from doing so. I have been reliably informed that the pastor is arranging a new wife for me husband even though I am still legally married to him and still a member of the Redeemed Christian church. I am aware that not all churches are like this, but unfortunately the Redeemed Christian church function like a cult, but no offence intended. Finacially this church are taking advantage of us and they bought a building they can not afford and are now borrowing all the members money to pay for the down payment. They say by God's grace they will pay it back. This will be impossible for them to pay back as they dont have the means to pay it back. I was at church the church recently and was instructed to dance by a basket placed on the alter and give money if I want to worship with them the pastor centered me out and insisted that I must dance by this basket if I
want to worship with them.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Rare(m): 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2011
Even some men in high places now; their past revealed they were caught in this web too.

Read this: http://www.thecrimesofsenatoruzamere.net/once_upon_a_time.html
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2011
I just read the web site thanks for sharing it
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Dantecmu(m): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2011
@ House for every woman who have come here to share there experience befour we all conclude there are always 2sides to the coin and until i listen to the other side of the coin i draw no conclusion,

Its easy to listen to one side and feel pity i know people who have been married in the US for 30yrs and it all started as arrengeee so, so sometimes the women involved contributed to there woess given a man his green card or citizenship and then giving him hell in return , just an assumption i know people who married for real and while they where waiting for there residency they where treated like shit i see them cry everyday saying , does she really know i love her, and when it becomes unbearable they wait to get there papers and they move ahead , be four we condemn this men or women please house listen to there own side of the story,

ciao

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2011
Thanks
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by JeSoul(f): 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2011
leahsarahk:

I have been attending the Redeemed Christian church for quite some time. I married a man who is a member of thier church. This man used me for citizenship and he is high ranking member of this church in Malaysia and a member of the church, for 18 yrs in Nigeria. I supported him financially for 4 years, Sponsored him to Canada ,loved him and gave him a son. He left me a couple weeks after he gained his citizenship. This has been after 5 years of marriage and being a devoted wife to him. The church has assisted him to leave me and encouraged him to abandon me and our son. They are gossipers and mean hearted people. I have called both pastors for help in reconciling our marriage. They offered me no prayer or any kind of support what so ever. Even some of the other members in the church who did not like what my husband did to me spoke out and tired to support me and the pastor came down hard on them and discouraged them from doing so. I have been reliably informed that the pastor is arranging a new wife for me husband even though I am still legally married to him and still a member of the Redeemed Christian church. I am aware that not all churches are like this, but unfortunately the Redeemed Christian church function like a cult, but no offence intended. Finacially this church are taking advantage of us and they bought a building they can not afford and are now borrowing all the members money to pay for the down payment. They say by God's grace they will pay it back. This will be impossible for them to pay back as they dont have the means to pay it back. I was at church the church recently and was instructed to dance by a basket placed on the alter and give money if I want to worship with them the pastor centered me out and insisted that I must dance by this basket if I
This is touching. And the behavior of the 'church' is despicable and disgusting. I'm sorry for all the pain you and your son have had to endure leah. Just be comforted by the fact that we all reap what we sow. Please dissociate yourself from people and so-called churches like these that claim to be christians but by their actions prove they are evil. I wish you all the best dear.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by JeSoul(f): 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2011
Dantecmu:

@ House for every woman who have come here to share there experience befour we all conclude there are always 2sides to the coin and until i listen to the other side of the coin i draw no conclusion,

Its easy to listen to one side and feel pity i know people who have been married in the US for 30yrs and it all started as arrengeee so, so sometimes the women involved contributed to there woess given a man his green card or citizenship and then giving him hell in return , just an assumption i know people who married for real and while they where waiting for there residency they where treated like poo i see them cry everyday saying , does she really know i love her, and when it becomes unbearable they wait to get there papers and they move ahead , be four we condemn this men or women please house listen to there own side of the story,

ciao
While there may be some very small minority of green-card marriages that are truly based on love, the fact is the overwhelming majority of arranged marriages leave the foreign women, and the resulting children at the losing end of the stick. I think its very rare to see any man crying over his arrangee wife that he loves her and she's treating him bad - very rare.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 06, 2011
Thanks for that I agree it is very rare
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by justwise(m): 9:30am On Jan 06, 2011
JeSoul:

While there may be some very small minority of green-card marriages that are truly based on love, the fact is the overwhelming majority of arranged marriages leave the foreign women, and the resulting children at the losing end of the stick. I think its very rare to see any man crying over his arrangee wife that he loves her and she's treating him bad - very rare.

Its very rare cos a brother will be ashamed of coming here to complain about his white wife leaving him or runing away, he will get very little sympathy from pple here especially African women. I'm not in any way disputing SOME of the stories i read here about Africa men leaving their foreign wives but i don't believe all of them, there are more to their stories. I don't think leahsarahk is lying, especially the part the church played.

The whole marriage break down can't be the fault of the man, i never read from those foreign women telling us where they go wrong, unfortunately each time a marriage btw a foreign women and an African man goes wrong, paper issue comes up.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by JeSoul(f): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2011
justwise:

Its very rare cos a brother will be ashamed of coming here to complain about his white wife leaving him or runing away, he will get very little sympathy from pple here especially African women. I'm not in any way disputing SOME of the stories i read here about Africa men leaving their foreign wives but i don't believe all of them, there are more to their stories. I don't think leahsarahk is lying, especially the part the church played.

The whole marriage break down can't be the fault of the man, i never read from those foreign women telling us where they go wrong, unfortunately each time a marriage btw a foreign women and an African man goes wrong, paper issue comes up.
You have a point there is a shame factor that may prevent some men from coming out with their stories . . . however, it will take a ton of overwhelming evidence to convince that this is no more than a very small minority.

You also have a point we have only heard one side of the story . . . but why is it that usually the marriage breaks down right after the man (or woman in rarer cases) gets their green card or papers? I'm usually on the side of "lets hear both sides of the story", but I've seen too many cases of women getting ditched after their african husbands get what they wanted from them. I've even heard friends tell me their parents/older relatives are advising them to get married for papers and then leave. For the most part there is no other option other than GC marriage for most african immigrants out of status to remain in the country. Its a terrible blight on our name and it makes me feel so bad for the unsuspecting westerner who's been tricked into it, especially when there are children involved.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2011
JeSoul:
You have a point there is a shame factor that may prevent some men from coming out with their stories . . . however, it will take a ton of overwhelming evidence to convince that this is no more than a very small minority.You also have a point we have only heard one side of the story . . .[b] but why is it that usually the marriage breaks down right after the man (or woman in rarer cases) gets their green card or papers? I'm usually on the side of "lets hear both sides of the story", but I've seen too many cases of women getting ditched after their african husbands get what they wanted from them.[/b] I've even heard friends tell me their parents/older relatives are advising them to get married for papers and then leave. For the most part there is no other option other than GC marriage for most african immigrants out of status to remain in the country. Its a terrible blight on our name and it makes me feel so bad for the unsuspecting westerner who's been tricked into it, especially when there are children involved.
I'm not dismissing the fact that many such marriages cracks after the paper comes out, however, what we don't know is the actual timing, is it a month after he got the paper or 5yrs? Another thing here is this: The man may stomach all sorts nonsense from the wife while waiting for the paper to come out, he will swallow the insults from the wife, the constant reminder that she brought him out from Africa or saved him from been deported, he goes out to work while she is busy spending and lazying around at home, then the paper comes out, the man has a voice now, he can question some of her attitude (Which wouldn't go down well with her) this will lead to marriage break down and the wife will be first to tell everybody that the hubby left her after getting the paper. I'm not giving excuses for men that behave that way but these are some of the issues that lead to marriage break down  unfortunately the man and paper get the blame

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Dantecmu(m): 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
@ House i am happy this constructive aguement has taking another turn, Now this is what i know most Nigerians men in the US would rather pay and get it over with but i know of situations where Nigerians actually met and dated americans with options of paying for arrengee somewhere else but decided to build a home with this women, am gonna give u a real life scenerio right now,
i know a very close friend of mine who came into the US with a student visa finished school and wanted to regularise his papers met an american fell in love with her lavished her with so much money i mean so much money running into thousands of dollars bought her a car married her , now 2years into there marriage there was a downturn in ma friends business and he became broke, he has been the 1 takin care of the bills for the past 3years and now he pleads with his wife to assist in paying some of the bills she refuses and starts to insult him telling him how stupid and useless he is , this ma paddy who is over 35 cries everyday the woman even went as far as cheating on him all because standard of leaving has dropped if he opts out which he plans to do soon , i guess that fooolish woman would come to nairaland and say ma hubby left me after he got his papers nonsenceeeeee,

If there is a child involved put your hubbys ass on child support i mean him go dey pay on a monthly basis and stop using innocent kids as a blackmail , Even all this women saying ma hubby dumped me after he got his papers can you confidently say in all em years you where married you where perfect , i feel sorry although sometimes some men deceive there way into getting there papers but i think we should listen to both sides of the story simple,

ciaoo

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Delta007(m): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
Is your husband the same person on your profile?

Regardless, I have gone thru some of your posts and it's apparent that your husband was/is married in Nigeria. You were his PR/Citizenship papers and he has gotten what he wants; time to back out. No amount of plea will change his game strategy. He is about to sponsor his real wife over to Canada.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. This is the same script being played over and over and I'm often suprised (well, no longer suprised) at ladies who fall in love without thinking. In life, one plus one is two , it's not 2.5 or 3. When things do not make sense, they do not make sense for a few reasons. Here is a guy you met in Malaysia; he isnt even a citizen there; he is from Nigeria. You do not know his folks, never met them, do not know his background except what he told you and you felt it made sense to marry him and bring him to Canada to stay with your children?

I'm not in anyway approving of a fraudster. God knows I hate scammers and I do not hide my displeasure; however, ladies wake up and protect your hearts with your brain (you have one for a reason).

Anyway, the past is the past. The one way to get back at this dude is to start collecting evidence to prove that he used you to get his papers. If you can find documents or record conversations that confirms that he is currently married to the lady in Nigeria, you can use that as ammunition against him to the Canadian immigration. His citizenship will be revoked and he'd be deported. So you can start playing smart now (if you want to) or keep being naive and hope he changes his mind.

Another way to fight this is to contact the Redeemed Church HQ in Lagos and make this complaint and follow it up. Make sure you have all the names of the pastors involved. I have heard some silly stories about a Redeemed Church in Toronto, might be the same one. I'm no Redeemed member but I'm sure someone may have a conscience and follow up with you. Do not go down without a fight.

Altogether, I wish you good luck and I sympathise with you and the other ladies on this thread that have experienced the same plight.
leahsarahk:

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by JeSoul(f): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2011
Justwise and Dante,

thank you both for your points as you've given voice to another side of the story that may not otherwise be heard - though I still think its a very small minority who actually go through that wink. It does take 2 to tango, and more often than not, one side does not shine their eye wide enough until blank hits the fan and things fall apart.

Delta,
Delta007:

Anyway, the past is the past. The one way to get back at this dude is to start collecting evidence to prove that he used you to get his papers. If you can find documents or record conversations that confirms that he is currently married to the lady in Nigeria, you can use that as ammunition against him to the Canadian immigration. His citizenship will be revoked and he'd be deported. So you can start playing smart now (if you want to) or keep being naive and hope he changes his mind.

Another way to fight this is to contact the Redeemed Church HQ in Lagos and make this complaint and follow it up. Make sure you have all the names of the pastors involved. I have heard some silly stories about a Redeemed Church in Toronto, might be the same one. I'm no Redeemed member but I'm sure someone may have a conscience and follow up with you. Do not go down without a fight.

Altogether, I wish you good luck and I sympathise with you and the other ladies on this thread that have experienced the same plight.
  This is fantastic advice! and I hope Leah is able to follow up on this.

It would do a lot to discourage these kind of practices and clean up the Nigerian/african name and prevent other innocents from falling prey to this kind of similar situation.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by OWLYBM(f): 3:12am On Feb 17, 2011
I am a very fortunate American white woman with a wonderful Nigerian fiance. We're all aware of the profitable business that has sprung up, in part, because of the shortsightedness of Immigration (perhaps), 9/11 (of course), and the internet (aiding and abetting). But are many cognizant of the misery the situation is causing those of us who really wish to marry? It is growing exponentially. The red tape is so knotted up with skepticism, with bias, it seems to be insurmountable. We are trying to bring my fiance in on a fiance Visa. Please, wish us luck,
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2011
my spouse is a black american and we're planning to get married . am in nigeria and she is in the u.s and wants me to come over to u.s but i dont have papers to present at the u.s embassy in nigeria . i've suggest that she come to nigeria so that we get married here then use the certificate to process the visa but i dont know if that will work . plz NLs , advice on what to do or how to go about it .
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Gbenge77(m): 6:20am On Apr 07, 2011
OWLYBM:

I am a very fortunate American white woman with a wonderful Nigerian fiance. We're all aware of the profitable business that has sprung up, in part, because of the shortsightedness of Immigration (perhaps), 9/11 (of course), and the internet (aiding and abetting). But are many cognizant of the misery the situation is causing those of us who really wish to marry? It is growing exponentially. The red tape is so knotted up with skepticism, with bias, it seems to be insurmountable. We are trying to bring my fiance in on a fiance Visa. Please, wish us luck,
goodluck.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by KINKYB: 10:47am On Apr 08, 2011
Guys! Your contributions are excellent. It is actually mind blowing. Permit me to hi-jack this conversation to pose some questions for your reliable answers.
1. I already got an uncle who has promised to provide his bank statement as evidence of support throughout my masters program in yankee. But we dont bear thesame surname. Does this have any negative effect?
2. If I need to support this bankstatement with mine, how much should as a minimum reflect on the account to be good for f-1 visa?
3. Finally, do they verify the veracity of bankstatements presented in the embassy? What if it is 'genje' all the way?
Hope I have not offended this intresting thread. Poster please forgive me. cheers!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by ChristaD(f): 7:28am On May 24, 2011
Let's face it, it's a do or die for many.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by tEsLim(m): 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2011
I know ladies that know you are interested in the greencard and still go ahead and marry you so WTF? You can let her know if she doens't care fine if she declines go find another person. Though its more painful to scam greencard outta someone. Its ok if you are both aware the marriage may even last longer than you think.

Greencard or not inter--racial/ inter-cultural marriages are difficult and chances of divorce is higher than people that have the same background. So most time you are even more lucky in a greencard situation because normally the guy wouldn't be able to tolerate you for that LONG 4ucking 5years!!!! I beg some people should stop crying over spilt milk here.

Some akata will come here and complain even when they already have 2 to 3 kids from different men. What is the chances that the last one the NIGERIAN man wont leave you too? Well look into yourself first.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by olaboy1: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
justwise, why una remove my comment, i wrote that comment speaking from the perspective of someone who has experienced the plight of an african migrant first hand, and the best you could do was delete my comment. Remember the dangers of a single story. one love
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by ephilipand: 2:20am On Jan 04, 2012
There's nothing wrong with it but stay clear of the whites.

I have already gotten a black american lady in california &she has agreed to marry me.I want her 4 really but i do know how to go about it. Advice please!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chika98: 3:06am On Jan 04, 2012
ephilipand:

There's nothing wrong with it but stay clear of the whites.

I have already gotten a black american lady in california &she has agreed to marry me.I want her 4 really but i do know how to go about it. Advice please!

What "other" advice are you looking for? She's agreed to marry you and you've said you want her for real so I'd say go ahead and get married
just like any other normal couple. OR is this question some kinda "code" for I want only papers from her?

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by KayHeart: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2012
[i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]Alright....
I've read this entire thread. What I have to say is this....

To those women who are currently DATING a man who is not from this country and are even considering marriage. There are a few things you need to do to safe guard yourself and your heart. First thing you need to do, is find out what his status is. Ask him, sure, but do request evidence and/or do your own research to make sure he is being honest.

The very next thing you should do before going forward is to make sure this man is not married in another country. You can save yourself the rest of reading this message if you find that he does have a wife somewhere else--because the rest is pretty obvious. Getting this information will not be easy but one way to do this would through their country embassy in your country--just inquire what is needed to get a copy of the papers on files and get the proper information you need. Now granted, he may have a fiancé/gf in another place, and that information would not be available in such a situation--we will deal with that shortly.

Secondly, if he is anything other than a US citizen, I would say be very cautious, really look around yourself, go through his things at every opportunity, do not trust him easily and let things go slow. I would also advise that because there is a language barrier, you make every effort to try and learn some basics on his language. If he is willing to help you--that's a good sign, but take initiative on your own and always [/b]try to learn more than what he actually helps you with. Be ahead of the game.

[b]Some red flags:
"I love you" within two weeks’ time or less, talk of marriage within this time period or less, taking pictures of you and him at every possible opportunity he gets (particularly of you two doing things together)--I realize that this may not seem out of the ordinary but when it's excess and then you start noticing these pics in frames all of a sudden everywhere around his place or he wants you to put them in yours...be cautious. Not wanting to talk much about his past...particularly relationships [this is usually because they are failed attempts at what he is trying to get you to do now]. Play very close attention to his language--both verbal and nonverbal. If it seems strange, it probably is.

If there is a gf/fiancé somewhere....please understand that she and he will be in contact with each other in some way. This could be through email, this could be through text, this could be through phone conversations. Do not be tricked into thinking because he holds a conversation right in your face that it can't possibly be another woman...remember he's likely speaking another language and if you haven't been doing your hw in learning it, you'd have no clue what he's saying--he knows this and you should too. Even if you have to record his conversation because you haven't gotten to the point of understanding it, in general--do so, and have someone translate for you. Also, guys have always had this "trick" of putting a guys name in their phone when it's really a girl's number. Just sayin..

He has checked out in terms of not being married, he has checked out or as far as you can tell in the other areas as well...so let's say after all of this, you're still considering marriage. I say go for it, but....this is the biggest thing, if you are still unsure/uncertain even after all these things. When he ask you to marry him, and you say yes...you put a condition on this. What condition is that, if we are to marry either...you obtain your (said country) citizenship through some other means--because although those means are harder, they certainly are obtainable, OR you (the female who is suspicious) change your citizenship before getting married--maybe to his country if you will. I realize this is more of an extreme approach, but I assure you that if he loves you foreal and it's not just for papers, he'd do it or would have no problem with you changing your status.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Ndyoo(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
me dey plan marry white chic wey be my friend once i get to uk...part love part dual citizenship reasoning,i fit get am...lwkmd
u pple shouldn't blame nigerians,like in the uk,recent removal of psw after spending millions to get a degree,karma get it's own way nah...
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by xiaoai: 4:48am On Oct 30, 2013
really have bad feeling about it. My husband marriage me for citizenship rather than loving me! I prefer people talk about openly before marriage. Not like my husband , pretend as loving me & finally go for what he's ever wanted.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Echidime(m): 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
These are all old post,things have changed now in Germany, ladies loves to Bleep african men very well and africans are getting their green card grin grin grin grin grin grin grin depend on how you play your card and whom you move with
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Omojayejaye(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
Echidime: These are all old post,things have changed now in Germany, ladies loves to Bleep african men very well and africans are getting their green card grin grin grin grin grin grin grin depend on how you play your card and whom you move with

Especially Ghanaians...they are really getting their cards...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? / A Mobile SUV With A Woman On Top Of It Spotted On The Road (Photo) / Photos Of The Two Aircrafts That Colided In Lagos Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.