Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help (2702 Views)

Cosmetic Dentist In Lagos / Any Cosmetic Dentist In Nigeria For Teeth whiten Smile? / Tooth Sensitivity - Any Dentist In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help by Motunmi: 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2008
I have been having a recurrent problem in my mouth since last year.People around call it "owo enu"(I dont know the English meaning) but this thing is really painful whenever I have it. Pls what can I do to it as I started experiencing this just around last year.
Re: Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help by GoldCircle: 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2008
Could you detail the exact symptoms! with what you've stated, one can hardly deduce what exactly you are passing through! Is it a toothache or scurvy or what? where do you feel the pain and at what times? (day or night). . .
Re: Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help by Motunmi: 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2008
Thanks for your response.
I do have it in my gums at times, under my tongue. The last time I had it was around April this year and I started feeling it again about 2 days ago and this time, it's in a corner of the mouth(inside).
It usually have sore on the face as if someone has a cut and very painful. If I take ordinary water,its war let alone food.
Pls, I need help urgently. This thing is frustrating.
Thanks
Re: Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help by GoldCircle: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2008
Hi Motun mi,
From what you have described, I believe you are having a recurrent aphthous ulcer also known as canker sore or aphthous stomatitis. it is usually caused by food allergies,illness & stress but the exact causes are still not known. Usually, it disappears after sometime without treatment but it is advised you use salt and warm water to gargle several times during the day and before going to bed. Also try to stay away from spicy foods. I don't know for sure what triggers yours or what you are allergic to, but I'll recommend you brush both morning and night to remove residues from your mouth and cavities. Better still use a mouth wash regularly.

You could read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphthous_ulcer#Presentation

Hope I've been able to help out?

1 Like

Re: Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help by Motunmi: 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2008
@Goldcircle,
I'm most grateful for your response.
Pls,hope it's not something serious as I'm beginning to be worried. Also, if I can do as stated in your replies will it put an end to it?
Re: Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help by GoldCircle: 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hopefully the steps recommended will help put it in check, but you really have to find out what exactly triggers it for you, so that you can abstain totally. please try to visit wikipedia so that you can read more.

Cheerio!
Re: Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help by Motunmi: 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2008
I can't thank you enough. Indeed you've been a blessing to me and God will reward you.
I read through the link you gave and I was able to gather my mind and think. As I observed,its pressure or stress that triggers it in me but I've never thought of it before cos its the least thing I can think of as the cause.
I read from the material that it's people with lower numbers of regulatory T cells, deficiency in Zinc, Vit. B12 and folic acid that do have this sore. Please what is regulatory T cell and which food is rich in Zinc, vit B12 and folic acid so that i can concentrate more on these?
Also, do u know of any toothpaste that does not contain sodium lauryl sulphate as I read that this too can contribute to the outbreak of the sores.
Can I be taking the normal folic acid tablets available in chemists as well?

Thanking you for your usual assistance.

1 Like

Re: Dentist In The House,i Need Ur Help by GoldCircle: 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hi Motun_mi,
really, you cannot commence medications now when you don't know for sure what is responsible for your condition. I'll advise that you do a thorough blood test to confirm indeed if you are experiencing a deficiency in zinc, vitamin B12 & folic acid. once this is confirmed, then you can be placed on medications by your doctor. But for now, it will be improper to begin the intake of drugs based on what you've read. Like i said before, the exact cause is still not known and ranges from mensuration to poor diet.

My sincere advise is for you to see a dentist!

(1) (Reply)

Xray Of The Chest / Transform From Pot Belly To Flat Stomach In 48hrs! Try This Out Now, It Works! / Successful Ways To Avoid Pregnancy Without Using A Condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.