Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Practical Solutions To The Nigerian Reputation Problem. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Practical Solutions To The Nigerian Reputation Problem. (736 Views)

Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari / Buhari's Ministers Are Practical, Energetic And Of Good Reputation~The Economist / Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Practical Solutions To The Nigerian Reputation Problem. by pie1ect(m): 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2008
Nigerians, I believe it is high time we speak up and begin start to salvage what is left of our tattered reputation, because if we are perfectly honest, our reputation is in shambles and it keeps getting worse. Any Nigerian who has ever travelled out of the country will bear witness to the fact that our reputation is a joke at the moment, not just in the western world but even in Africa, among Africans and even Nigerians.

Just a few examples:

Nigerians' visa applications at the different embassies and high commissions around the world recieve more scrutiny than any other nationality
Nigerians' job applications goes through a lot more checks and verifications than any other.
Any documents produced by a Nigerian has to be seriously checked and checked again, then once more before it goes anywhere.

just to highlight a few points.

It's ok to sit on your high horse and wax lyrical about how bad it has gotten and how something needs to be done, but enough of all the talk. It hasn't helped anyone as yet. Now is the time to take serious action and be spokespersons for our country.

It is time to profer workable solutions.

I'll start.

[list]
[li]I say we set up an organization similar to the better business bureau (bbb) which encourages all reputable firms to sign up, promotes trust and provides some form of assurance for anyone looking to do business online with a Nigerian firm.[/li]
[/list]

I am up for any workable solutions we come up with and I'm prepared to work with any serious-minded people who are interested in helping re-build our reputation around the world.

(1) (Reply)

Shell Staff Abducted: Wat A Mess Again / How True Is This Government Job / DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.