Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,287 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids (880 Views)

Graphic Photos: Liberian Soldiers Open Fire On Residents Of Ebola Slum / Cameroon Fires Two Army Officers After Boko Haram raids! / Russia is Sending Troops To Syria - Is This The New Cold War, Or World War III? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by RichyBlacK(m): 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2008
[size=14pt]Pakistan orders troops to open fire if US raids[/size]

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan's military has ordered its forces to open fire if U.S. troops launch another air or ground raid across the Afghan border, an army spokesman said Tuesday.

The orders, which come in response to a highly unusual Sept. 3 ground attack by U.S. commandos, are certain to heighten tension between Washington and a key ally against terrorism.

Pakistan's civilian leaders have protested the raid but say the dispute should be resolved through diplomatic channels.

However, army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas told The Associated Press that after U.S. helicopters ferried troops into a militant stronghold in the South Waziristan tribal region, the military told field commanders to prevent any similar raids.

"The orders are clear," Abbas said in an interview. "In case it happens again in this form, that there is a very significant detection, which is very definite, no ambiguity, across the border, on ground or in the air: open fire."

U.S. military commanders accuse Islamabad of doing too little to prevent the Taliban and other militant groups from recruiting, training and resupplying in Pakistan's wild tribal belt.

Pakistan acknowledges the presence of al-Qaida fugitives and its difficulties in preventing militants from seeping through the mountainous border into Afghanistan.

However, it insists it is doing what it can and paying a heavy price, pointing to its deployment of more then 100,000 troops in its increasingly restive northwest and a wave of suicide bombings across the country.

Source: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hkiMxbHNH0BqgpWA2ZG6VD6wVTmAD937Q5R80
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by RichyBlacK(m): 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2008
I don't understand why a sovereign nation would condone another nation crossing into her territory to kill women and children all in the name of a war against a noun!
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by TopBanana: 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2008
America wants Pakistan to kill its own people and that's just not going to happen. Anyway the US should becareful here cos Pakistanis have nuclear weapons o. Fire for fire if need be.
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by RichyBlacK(m): 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2008
TopBanana:

America wants Pakistan to kill its own people and that's just not going to happen. Anyway the US should becareful here because Pakistanis have nuclear weapons o. Fire for fire if need be.

I think the age of the nuclear bomb is over.

Pakistan cannot match the nuclear arsenal of the US, however, this sends a strong message to the toddlers in charge of the US foreign policy that not all problems can/should be resolved using military might alone.

Would the US go to war with Pakistan because the Pakistanis are not killing the Taliban as efficiently (with a sizeable number of "collateral" victims) as the Americans would love it? I don't think so.

Washington must learn the art of diplomacy, there is no other solution!
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by bawomolo(m): 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2008
RichyBlacK:

I don't understand why a sovereign nation would condone another nation crossing into her territory to kill women and children all in the name of a war against a noun!

so the primary goal of these military incursions are to kill women and children??  the Taliban is staging attacks from the Pakistani side of the border. even the Pakistani government admits it's struggling to contain the Taliban. northwest Pakistan is an autonomous tribal region in which Pakistan has never been able to exert it's sovereignty. i find it strange u weren't screaming sovereignty when Russia entered deep into Georgian territory. hypocrite

Washington must learn the art of diplomacy, there is no other solution!

why don't u ask pakistan how nice it's peace-deal/cease fire with the taliban went. diplomacy in that region? laughable
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by RichyBlacK(m): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2008
bawomolo:

i find it strange u weren't screaming sovereignty when Russia entered deep into Georgian territory. hypocrite

Did you scream when the US invaded Iraq? Bloody hypocrite!

Russia did not violate Georgia's sovereignty; it was Georgia that violated at least two ceasefires!

"August 7 - President Mikheil Saakashvili ordered Georgian troops to cease fire.[9][10]
According to Georgian military, despite the declared ceasefire, fighting intensified.[11][12] Hours after the declaration of the ceasefire, in a televised address, Mikheil Saakashvili vowed to restore Tbilisi's control by force over what he called the "criminal regime" in South Ossetia and Abkhazia and reinforce order.[12]

August 8 - During the night and early morning, Georgia launched a military offensive to surround and capture the capital of separatist Republic of South Ossetia, Tskhinvali[13] thus breaking the terms of the 1992 ceasefire and crossing into the security zone established therein[14]. According to Russian military, some Russian peacekeepers have been killed during this attack[15]. The heavy shelling, which included Georgian rockets being fired into South Ossetia[16] left parts of the capital city in ruins, causing a humanitarian crisis."
-- Wikipedia

Though you sound like a Western puppet, but try to reason a bit with the brain God gave you but forgot to give George W. Bush.
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by bawomolo(m): 11:40pm On Sep 16, 2008

Did you scream when the US invaded Iraq? Bloody hypocrite!

i wasn't in support of the iraqi invasion, so what's your point. u are just pulling straws here tryna to save face. now lets try to analyze your statements

"August 7 - President Mikheil Saakashvili ordered Georgian troops to cease fire.[9][10]
According to Georgian military, despite the declared ceasefire, fighting intensified.[11][12] Hours after the declaration of the ceasefire, in a televised address, Mikheil Saakashvili vowed to restore Tbilisi's control by force over what he called the "criminal regime" in South Ossetia and Abkhazia and reinforce order.[12]

where in this statement, does it say the georgian army fired the first bullets??

August 8 - During the night and early morning, Georgia launched a military offensive to surround and capture the capital of separatist Republic of South Ossetia, Tskhinvali[13] thus breaking the terms of the 1992 ceasefire and crossing into the security zone established therein[14]. According to Russian military, some Russian peacekeepers have been killed during this attack[15]. The heavy shelling, which included Georgian rockets being fired into South Ossetia[16] left parts of the capital city in ruins, causing a humanitarian crisis." -- Wikipedia

this came on august 8 after south ossetian rebels had pounded georgian border villages with artillery fire about two days earlier. you are one hell of a character.
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by RichyBlacK(m): 4:44am On Sep 17, 2008
bawomolo:

i wasn't in support of the iraqi invasion, so what's your point. u are just pulling straws here trying to to save face. now lets try to analyze your statements

Mabad! Thought you were a neocon - sounded like one though. Okay, I've got to stop judging books by their covers! Sorry.
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by RichyBlacK(m): 4:57am On Sep 17, 2008
bawomolo:

where in this statement, does it say the georgian army fired the first bullets??

August 8 - During the night and early morning, Georgia launched a military offensive to surround and capture the capital of separatist Republic of South Ossetia, Tskhinvali[13] thus breaking the terms of the 1992 ceasefire and crossing into the security zone established therein[14]. According to Russian military, some Russian peacekeepers have been killed during this attack[15]. The heavy shelling, which included Georgian rockets being fired into South Ossetia[16] left parts of the capital city in ruins, causing a humanitarian crisis." -- Wikipedia

this came on august 8 after south ossetian rebels had pounded georgian border villages with artillery fire about two days earlier.  you are one hell of a character. 

Not true! You're parroting Georgia's claim:

"Georgia claimed that South Ossetian separatists[65] had shelled Georgian villages in violation of a ceasefire. South Ossetia denied provoking the conflict." -- W

This claim only came after Georgia saw the need to push the blame to South Ossetia. It's easy to see its a fabrication because Saakashvili wanted to restore Georgia's control over South Ossetia and believed that that was enough reason to launch an attack. He though he did not need any other excuse, until his foolish actions backfired.
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by bilymuse: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2008
its a fair order
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
bawomolo:

i find it strange u weren't screaming sovereignty when Russia entered deep into Georgian territory. hypocrite

its Richymugu so dont be surprised. One rule for the US/Israel and another for everyone else.
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by bawomolo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2008
This claim only came after Georgia saw the need to push the blame to South Ossetia. It's easy to see its a fabrication because Saakashvili wanted to restore Georgia's control over South Ossetia and believed that that was enough reason to launch an attack

it's obvious to me u see anything that comes from an ally of the west as a fabrication or propaganda. i guess Georgia should have just sat back and watch Russia arm separatist groups.

davidylan:

its Richymugu so don't be surprised. One rule for the US/Israel and another for everyone else.

the double-standard is pretty obvious shocked
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by RichyBlacK(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2008
davidylan:

its Richymugu so don't be surprised. One rule for the US/Israel and another for everyone else.

davidymugu how far?

US and Israel have the worst foreign policies in modern history. While US foreign policy is run by toddlers who support Israel, Israel's foreign policy is run by toddlers who think they are also running US foreign policy.
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by RichyBlacK(m): 10:04am On Sep 18, 2008
bawomolo:

it's obvious to me u see anything that comes from an ally of the west as a fabrication or propaganda.  i guess Georgia should have just sat back and watch Russia arm separatist groups.

The West, especially America, is prone to fabrications and lies:

1. Iraq's WMD was a big fat lie!
2. Denying support for Alqaeda the Mujahedin, another lie!
3. Denying support for Apartheid - both in South Africa and now Israel, another lie!
4. Denying massive support for Saddam Hussein, another lie!
5. Denying numerous attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro, another lie!
The list of lies is too long!

Yep, they use CNN, Fox, etc. to propagate their lies.
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by Bastage: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2008
If you kill my brother and then run back to your house, why should I not follow you to your house to kill you if your family or neighbours will not bring you to justice?

If Pakistan doesn't want raids on it's territory it should stop attacks being launched from it's territory. Period.
Re: Pakistan Orders Troops To Open Fire If Us Raids by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2008
Bastage:

If you kill my brother and then run back to your house, why should I not follow you to your house to kill you if your family or neighbours will not bring you to justice?

If Pakistan doesn't want raids on it's territory it should stop attacks being launched from it's territory. Period.

Agreed, but I believe the general in this case is trying to be on the good side of his people, to secure his future. We are speaking of pakistan where many of the leaders who oppose these millitants have been attacked in one way or another by them.

(1) (Reply)

Escape From Hamas - Mosab Hassan Yousef / Gambians 'taken By Witch Doctors' .bbc News. / South Africa Crime Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.