Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,901 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

Just How Good Is Klose ? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just How Good Is Klose ? (2304 Views)

Miroslav Klose Is The Best Finisher In Europe. Better Than Messi &Ronaldo / How Good Is Andy Carroll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by dayokanu(m): 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ibime:

Klose made his name against the likes of Costa Rica, Saudi Arabia and Ecuador. . . . these three teams alone account for half of his World Cup goals. What makes him better than Oleg Salenko? He's just a lucky bazztard!!!

I cant believe someone of Ibimes caliber is making such silly statements. In a world cup of 32 teams, less than 10 would be quality So who would players score against?

Why dont you tell us half of Rooneys goals were against Portsmouth, Stoke City and co?

Ronaldo Lima has 15 WC goals and only 3 were scored against top opposition 2 vs germany and 1 vs Holland. the other 12 were scored against China, Costa Rica, Chile and ghana

Klose has 4 goals vs top Oppositions which is still a higher ratio than Ronaldos

4/14 >>>> 3/15
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by dayokanu(m): 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2010
jalether:

Fair point. However, you have to agree that for a striker to be rated/considered as one of the best, his ability must exceed simply scoring goals

according to your logic. . . Fontaine is a better striker than Batistuta/Romario given the fact that he has more world cup (highest stage) goals to his credit

How would you know if Fontaine is a better striker than Batistuta and Romario.

Who is better George Best or Cristiano Ronaldo?

We all hear about Fontaine 40yrs after achieving his record I am still asking anyone to tell us who the top scorer in CL was in 1958, Who the best striker in Europe was between 1965 and 1969?

Anything you do at the World cup supercedes all those Sunday Sunday football
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by dayokanu(m): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2010
jalether:

@ FBS. make no mistake about it. . . Anelka, in his prime, was a better striker than Didier. even DD himself cannot dispute that

ask yourself this question. hypothetically, If WPOTY was to be awarded to strictly strikers. do you think Klose would have won the award at any point in his

career?

In 2006, he was highest goal scorer in the World cup, Highest goal scorer in the league. He would have won in 2006 because he was scoring loads consistently in all competitions he played
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
klose is the bomb
Lets judge him with the highest competition in football, which is the WC goto wiki and esquire about the WC
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by ritchboy(m): 8:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
has Klose EVER been among the 10 best strikers in the world AT ANY POINT IN TIME? ABEG! grin

The only reason we are even having this discussion is because Klose was fortunate to play during a time Germany were/are producing uncharacteristically crappy strikers and therefore had the privilege to lead their attack.

There are like 40-50 strikers of his time better than him. . . PHAKT!
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2010
ritchboy:

has Klose EVER been among the 10 best strikers in the world AT ANY POINT IN TIME? ABEG! grin

The only reason we are even having this discussion is because Klose was fortunate to play during a time Germany were/are producing uncharacteristically crappy strikers and therefore had the privilege to lead their attack.

There are like 40-50 strikers of his time better than him. . . PHAKT!

Klose scored 14 world cup goals What are other Better strikers looking at while Klose was scoring
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by mamagee3(f): 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hey, guys just because Klose scored that much goals doesn't necessary mean he created his goals.

Let's not be confused, there's a huge difference between scoring goals and creating them.

Klose may have been the one to put the ball into the net but that doesn't mean he created those chances himself.

So, it's ignorant to rate how much of a good striker he is by relying on the goals he scored in the world cup.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by RuuDie(m): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2010
mama-gee:

Hey, guys just because Klose scored that much goals doesn't necessary mean he created his goals.

Let's not be confused, there's a huge difference between scoring goals and creating them.

Klose may have been the one to put the ball into the net but that doesn't mean he created those chances himself.

So, it's ignorant to rate how much of a good striker he is by relying on the goals he scored in the world cup.

Finally mama-gee says something worthy of quote    grin grin grin
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by jalether(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2010
dayokanu:

How would you know if Fontaine is a better striker than Batistuta and Romario.

Who is better George Best or Cristiano Ronaldo?

We all hear about Fontaine 40yrs after achieving his record I am still asking anyone to tell us who the top scorer in CL was in 1958, Who the best striker in Europe was between 1965 and 1969?

Anything you do at the World cup supercedes all those Sunday Sunday football

Going by that logic, Klose is better than Klinsmann, Batistuta, Romario, Shearer, Roberto Baggio, Stoichov, George Weah, Del piero et al
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Klose scored 14 world cup goals What are other Better strikers looking at while Klose was scoring

they were busy eating poo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin out of envy
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by dayokanu(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2010
jalether:

Going by that logic, Klose is better than Klinsmann, Batistuta, Romario, Shearer, Roberto Baggio, Stoichov, George Weah, Del piero et al

Exactly just the way Gerd Muller was more respected than any striker of his generation due to his World cup goals,

Fontaine was remembered for years, and almost everyone cant remember who the other strikers in Europe around 1958 were but everyone remembers Fontaine

50yrs later we all talk about Fontaine, Who remembers the CL, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga top scorers in 1958?
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by RuuDie(m): 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2010
You honestly want to tell me that Fontaine is/was rated higher than the likes of Ferenc Puskas, Alfredo Di Stefano, Pele, Gunnar Nordahl, Uwe Seeler, Ladislao Kubala etc

& whats this about "Der Bomber" Gerd Muller being respected because of his WC goals

7 Times Bundesliga Top Scorer
2 Times European Golden Shoe
All-Time German League Top Scorer
All-Time Germany Top Scorer
6 Times German Forward of The Year
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2010
You must be joking. Cos I can bet 80% of football followers have never heard of Nordahl or Kubala

I can tell you Fontaine is more known than 4 of those 6 you mentioned. Pele had great exploits in the World cup too
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by jalether(m): 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Exactly just the way Gerd Muller was more respected than any striker of his generation due to his World cup goals,

Fontaine was remembered for years, and almost everyone cant remember who the other strikers in Europe around 1958 were but everyone remembers Fontaine

50yrs later we all talk about Fontaine, Who remembers the CL, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga top scorers in 1958?

You can't be serious . . absolute gibberish

Who and who talks about fontaine ?

There's a reason why some names (Fontaine,Klose) rarely appears on the list of greatest stikers/footballers ever. I'm yet to see any pundit that

will rate him higher or put him on the same level as Pele,ronaldo lima, eusebio, Puskas,Romario et al. only a drunk goat will include Fontaine and klose

in their top 10 list of greatest players ever. some things are so obvious
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2010
RuuDie:

Finally mama-gee says something worthy of quote grin grin grin
Why don't you post something worthy of a quote yourself?

Or are you daft?
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by RuuDie(m): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2010
dayokanu:

You must be joking. Cos I can bet 80% of football followers have never heard of Nordahl or Kubala

I can tell you Fontaine is more known than 4 of those 6 you mentioned. Pele had great exploits in the World cup too

If you don't know 'em doesn't mean others don't - delve into the history of two of the greatest clubs in world football (AC Milan and Barcelona) and you'll see how highly these guys were rated in the '50/'60s.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by RuuDie(m): 6:22am On Aug 15, 2010
mama-gee:

[color=deeppink]Why don't you post something worthy of a quote yourself?

Or are you daft?[/color]

Easy tiger. . . . trust me; u don't wanna be doing dis - not with me, u don't!
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by aieromon(m): 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2010
@Ruudie
Some people don't recognise a compliment.Please,ignore.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by RuuDie(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2010
aieromon:

@Ruudie
Some people don't recognise a compliment.Please,ignore.

No sweat bro. . . . am cool. Thanx!
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by mamagee3(f): 12:47am On Aug 17, 2010
RuuDie:

Easy tiger. . . . trust me; u don't wanna be doing dis - not with me, u don't!
Do you want me to show you why I'm known as mama-gee, the controversial Nairalander? undecided cool
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 17, 2010
we just saw how good he is yesterday a goal and one assist
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
You dey mind them? How many strikers in the last 80yrs have 13 world cup goals and more

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atletico Madrid Vs Chelsea [2 - 2] On Tuesday ,3rd November / Blackburn Vs Arsenal [2 - 1] On Monday, 3rd May / Premier League Predict And Win Promo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.