Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday (2105 Views)

Chelsea May Have To Leave Stamford Bridge For At Least Two Seasons / Venus Williams Loses In First Round At Wimbledon / French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by aalani(m): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2008
It is very apparent that the poor form of Man U will disappoint fans when they meet arch rival Chelsea in Sunday 21 Sept.2008 match. Chelsea wins 2-0
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by frediko(m): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2008
dont judge mynow wait nd see wat manu will turn chelsea to on sunday.i bet u go quit chelsea
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by Raimond(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2008
I don`t support any of the two, but going by the way United are playing currently, they might not survive this one.I just want to enjoy a good game.

In any case, may the best team on the day win!!!
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by frediko(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2008
no probs ,jst come nd see the match ,am sure u wil have no option than 2 join the winning team.MANUNTIED 4 LIFE cool cool cool
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by nyabinghi(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2008
Matches of this nature are not decided by form. In 2006/2007 United were blazing but adebayor gave United the shocker at Old Trafford. Chelsea beware of the angry Devils. 3-2 to United
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by frediko(m): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2008
i foresee manu 2 chelsea1
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by Uby40(m): 11:01am On Sep 18, 2008
frediko:

i foresee manu 2 chelsea1

u had better start waking up from ur blurred dream b4 its too late. ManUtd wud be beaten. i dont care how chelsea does it. they are the team to beat this season. una tenure don pass.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by frediko(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2008
let see who laugh last grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by Uby40(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2008
Raimond:

I don`t support any of the two, but going by the way United are playing currently, they might not survive this one.I just want to enjoy a good game.

In any case, may the best team on the day win!!!

Tell them.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by Uby40(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2008
frediko:

no probs ,jst come nd see the match ,am sure u wil have no option than 2 join the winning team.MANUNTIED 4 LIFE(GUTTER) cool cool cool

Winning team ko, losing ducks ni.

how do u define a winning team
a team that has played 5 matches this season.
winning just 1,drawing 2,and losing 2
(scoring just 1goal in d matches they drew,lost or won
)
is that what your definition of winning team?

i would call them the luke-warm-losing team of the month

i'm glad your so-called star player is back in your slacked-team,so u guys don't come up with any excuses on sunday

i heard some ManU fans saying the season has just started,because ronaldo,the 'Transfer Slave' of the season is back after 4 matches,when other teams have claimed almost a dozen points. u guys have beater woken up,b4 u end up at the bottom of the BIG_FOUR table
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by AJITERU: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2008
I think the best opportunity left for Man U now is to start challenging for carling cup and forget about the league cup and champions league because the last time Villareal got a draw in old tranford, Man U did not scape through the group stage. Did you hear me hannibal and co?
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by chidipupay(m): 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2008
let clear ourselves of one thing, Man u cannot come to stamford and win, considering there current form. Man u should go and fight for carling cup that is if they will win it.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by superstan(m): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2008
Uby40:

Winning team ko, losing ducks ni.

how do u define a winning team
a team that has played 5 matches this season.
winning just 1,drawing 2,and losing 2
(scoring just 1goal in d matches they drew,lost or won
)
is that what your definition of winning team?

i would call them the luke-warm-losing team of the month

i'm glad your so-called star player is back in your slacked-team,so u guys don't come up with any excuses on sunday

i heard some ManU fans saying the season has just started,because ronaldo,the 'Transfer Slave' of the season is back after 4 matches,when other teams have claimed almost a dozen points. u guys have beater woken up,before u end up at the bottom of the BIG_FOUR table

it seems u don't have any memory.

last season, united scored just 2 goals in their first 3 league games. they lost to juventus 2-3 at old trafford as well.

it was chaotic. no rooney(metatarsal), no ronaldo(3 match ban) and no saha(knee ligament).

may 2008, they won the premier league and the champions league.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by Uby40(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2008
@ Supaerstan

bros wise up
yesterday and today doesnt give the same challenges and results
that is evident.and u'll see it by the end of the season.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by frediko(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2008
wish level guy,  have u 4gotten that we had a  bad starting last season and finally cam out on top.how many games have we play that u already passing judgement ,wait and c the combination of trevex ,rooney,ronaldo,and how main man berbatov. tongue
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by chusben(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2008
man u 4 life. we don't believe in noise making rather the end justify the means. to fellow fans,lets watch and see
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by superstan(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2008
Uby40:

@ Supaerstan

bros wise up
yesterday and today doesnt give the same challenges and results
that is evident.and u'll see it by the end of the season.

yesterday and today theory worked for man united in the last 2 seasons.

they won back to back titles plus champions league in one of their worst starts to a season.

every soccer pundit wrote them off after the loss to man city.

"the last time man united started this bad, they relegated" was on everyone's lips but what happened afterall?

write off the reds at your own risk.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by grandjedi(m): 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2008
Not a fan of either team but I know Sir Alex's and Man utd's pedigree enough not to write them off. I'm sure even Scolari wouldn't do that - the worst thing you can do is to underrate your enemy.
Even on a bad day Man-U often springs surprises.
That match will be very close.
Won't be surprised if it ends in a draw.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by A40(m): 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2008
I would love a draw a goalless draw between you guys
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by nguage(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2008
If you think man u will best Chelsea at Stanford bridge, you must be smoking something and I'd like to know what

Chelsea is coming from an away win and a 4 nil trashing of the French team. Man u couldn't score against villareal at old trafford after being smacked at Liverpool.

Now, as a rational being, add this up in your head and tell me what you see.

Yeah I know football is not mathematics but any dimwit will know Chelsea is smoking right now, while man u is not so smoking.But calling man u fans dimwits is offensive to dimwits, because, let's face it, man u fans aren't dumwits they are self-service looney fans.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by nguage(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2008
P.S. The only color that matters in my life is BLUE.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by superstan(m): 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2008
n-guage:

If you think man u will best Chelsea at Stanford bridge, you must be smoking something and I'D like to know what

Chelsea is coming from an away win and a 4 nil trashing of the French team. Man u couldn't score against villareal at old trafford after being smacked at Liverpool.

Now, as a rational being, add this up in your head and tell me what you see.

Yeah I know football is not mathematics but any dimwit will know Chelsea is smoking right now, while man u is not so smoking.But calling man u fans dimwits is offensive to dimwits, because,  let's face it, man u fans aren't dumwits they are self-service looney fans.

the same chelsea couldn't beat tottenham at stamford bridge as well. tottenham is 20th on the league table.

john terry cried the last time he played against man united.

he will cry again on sunday. cry cry
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by nguage(m): 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2008
^^^^
Before the spurs game Chelsea won 1-0 at wigan, and everybody knew that was a bad game. This time around chelsex is in good form and ballack, drogba, and mikel are fit.

It's no use bragging, moderator, ban my screenname for a month if man u wins on Saturday. Any man u fans wanna put their screenname up for the bet?
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by Hannibal: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2008
n-guage:

^^^^
Before the spurs game Chelsea won 1-0 at wigan, and everybody knew that was a bad game. This time around chelsex is in good form and ballack, drogba, and mikel are fit.

It's no use bragging, moderator, ban my screenname for a month if man u wins on Saturday. Any man u fans want to put their screenname up for the bet?

Have u guys forgotten Moscow so soon?
Scholes, Brown and Ronaldo worked a magic and BANG(the ball was in the net) with Cech looking bewildered.
He didn't even move/realise the ball was in his net.
On Wankford Bridge, we march!!!
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by nguage(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2008
Put your screename where your mouth is!!!
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by Hannibal: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2008
n-guage:

Put your screename where your mouth is!!!

CASH is the name of ma game!!!
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by ndumart: 3:18pm On Sep 18, 2008
Those who don't learn from history are doomed.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by henrydan(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2008
If Man United lose this game they go nine points behind Chelsea. That's absolutely massive because how many games are Chelsea going to lose this season? If somebody offered you a bet on Chelsea to win the league with a nine-point head-start by the end of September, anybody in the world would take it.

They've already got one fantastic result this week - and I don't mean the win against Bordeaux. I'm talking about John Terry getting his red card rescinded, which surprised me when there's this big game against United coming up. I know the foul was on the half-way line but I was stunned it was overturned.

This will be a very difficult game for both sides. I know Man United have players missing, but you've only got to look at their record against big teams to see how they turn it on when it matters.

The Ronaldo factor
Any team would struggle when you take away a player who scores 42 goals in a season. Where would United have come last season without the points they picked up due to Cristaino Ronaldo's goals? Some teams only score 60 in a season, if that!

That's maybe why they've started a bit slowly and I think he needs to start on Sunday, even if he's not fully fit. The two Chelsea full-backs bomb on like wingers every time their team has the ball, but if Ronaldo plays he will force them to think twice about pushing on - and that will take a big part of Chelsea's game away. He's got to play.

In fact United have got to play as many big guns as they can get on the pitch. I know it's only early but they really must get at least a draw because they can't afford to give Chelsea a nine-point lead.

Every time I've watched Chelsea this season their passing and moving has been phenomenal. It looks like they've worked on it so much on the training ground because they've got players coming in off the wings, full-backs pushing on and they cause problems all over the pitch with their movement. John Obi Mikel allows them to do that with the way he sits in front of the back four.

In my opinion they didn't play like that under Jose Mourinho. Back then they used to play "Technical Football" because when the half-time whistle went the players were all in the same positions they were in before the kick-off. It was very efficient, but now they play more like Arsenal with players moving all over the place like clockwork.
Frank Lampard - Out of all the great players on the pitch, I still think he's the one to watch. This will be a tight game and even though he might not doing anything for long spells he so often comes up with a goal. I don't care what anyone says, that's still the most difficult thing to do in football. If the players tracking him fall asleep just once then he will score.

Home win - I would like to say a draw but I don't really want to sit on the fence. I'm going to go for a 1-0 win to Chelsea. It's going to be a tight game but it could really put United under pressure in the title race, even though they've got some easier games coming up.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by chidipupay(m): 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2008
For Man u fans using last year to compare these year, may I remind you that chelsea since 2004 season has not given up lead whenever they lead the Table, coming to current form which is like a determinant factor to sunday's game, Man u are still far from behind in terms of form. And don't forget that your backline still need some work to be done there. Well let to too over confident, but please don't use the moscow game to judge because penalty is a game of luck, and for those predicting Man you 2 chelsea 1, don't forget in a hurry that the past 4 games in chealse's home that Man u have just been able to score only 1 goal, and that was last years lost to chelsea. Well after the game we will come and analyse it, Cheers
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by Hannibal: 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2008
chidipupay:

For Man u fans using last year to compare these year, may I remind you that chelsea since 2004 season has not given up lead whenever they lead the Table, coming to current form which is like a determinant factor to sunday's game, Man u are still far from behind in terms of form. And don't forget that your backline still need some work to be done there. Well let to too over confident, but please don't use the moscow game to judge because penalty is a game of luck, and for those predicting Man you 2 chelsea 1, don't forget in a hurry that the past 4 games in chealse's home that Man u have just been able to score only 1 goal, and that was last years lost to chelsea. Well after the game we will come and analyse it, Cheers

U don't want people to use Moscow to judge sunday's game BUT you are quoting history of 2004 to everyone.
Why are u contradicting yourself??

Man Utd should not compare last season to this season BUT u are quick to remind us United have only scored a goal in the last 4 visits to SB!!!
If u don't have anything to say. . . .Don't say ZILCH.
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by chidipupay(m): 10:24pm On Sep 18, 2008
@Hannibal

I don't know that you are such a beautiful lawyer, but have you forgotten that Moscow is a different ball game? And that Sunday’s clash will not be judged with penalty after 90min? Then why are you saying I am contradicting myself? If, you give me your statistic from English league, and they are correct I will agree with you. But to me, your case is just another rubbish case. Go and look up for the word CONTRADICTION in your dico before you start yabbing somebody
Re: Man Utd Loses In Stamford Bridge On Sunday by Olumide7(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2008
As an arsenal fan, a draw will be just fine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Football Before And After Messi / How Man Utd Could Line Up With Their New Signings / Neymar Picks Okocha's Former Jersey Number At PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.