Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm (21303 Views)

Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter / 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Emperoh(m): 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2008
Who says its the capitalists world alone
Proletariats also get something especially when u are good
Whats the frequency for the new fm station
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by palmwine(m): 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2008
Who is Dan Foster?? Is he a politician, cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by shylladear(f): 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2008
he is a presenter on a radio station (Cool fm) am sure uve heard of that
and he is a very good one at that
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Scopium: 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2008
palmwine:

[size=13pt]Yes he's Obama's elder cousin but he supports McCain[/size]

1 Like

Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by cgift(m): 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2008
palmwine:

Do they receive FM in Zamfara? grin
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by akinnex(m): 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2008
<b> Nutthin last 4 ever,
Nuttin is terminal they re transient we ve to leave alot of things behind in order to move on
watch out some one beta will come up and cool fm could still be cool again <b/>
Sorry Guys smiley
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Michael13(m): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2008
this is the end of cool fm sad sad sad embarassed
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Michael13(m): 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2008
first point! adiaiyaaaaaaaaaaaaa or something like that.

Dan was good, no doubt about it, but,

i always tune in to cool FM only to tune out most times because it is always too onyiboish. apart from Dan who be pure onyinbo the rest just talk n want to act like they take breakfast in London and US, sorry the station don't feel to Nigerian as their programs are too onyiboyish culture. for example what is radio gratiffi all about? people call and say rubbish n are happy saying rubbish.

well dan is good as i said cool has their own flavour, but i wont hurry to find out the new station he goes to, because i prefer the Nigerian appeal nut the forming and aje pretense of many presenters.

no mind me, na just my own opinion as an hard core plain Nigerian.

na wetin u con mean
angry angry angry angry
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Michael13(m): 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2008
Michael 13:

i always tune in to cool FM only to tune out most times because it is always too onyiboish. apart from Dan who be pure onyinbo the rest just talk n want to act like they take breakfast in London and US, sorry the station don't feel to Nigerian as their programs are too onyiboyish culture. for example what is radio gratiffi all about? people call and say rubbish n are happy saying rubbish.

well dan is good as i said cool has their own flavour, but i wont hurry to find out the new station he goes to, because i prefer the Nigerian appeal nut the forming and aje pretense of many presenters.

no mind me, na just my own opinion as an hard core plain Nigerian.

na wetin u con mean
angry angry angry angry

ur head no correct
we are talking about dan foster here
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by zerocool(m): 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2008
stillLeno:

i always tune in to cool FM only to tune out most times because it is always too onyiboish. apart from Dan who be pure onyinbo the rest just talk n want to act like they take breakfast in London and US, sorry the station don't feel to Nigerian as their programs are too onyiboyish culture. for example what is radio gratiffi all about? people call and say rubbish n are happy saying rubbish. shocked

no mind me, na just my own opinion as an hard core plain Nigerian. tongue

Well then, would suggest u start listening to Wazobia 95.1 FM, managed and owned by Steam Broadcasting;owners of Cool Fm.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by timbabng(m): 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2008
. . .for shizzle
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by WAVixen: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2008
Agreed, Dan is a great entertainer. But the the other presenters makes one cringe with rage and anger. The 'pretense' is extraordinary. I have listened to Keith and he seems real and down to earth, in my own opinion his bluntness might not go down well with some people.Hey, he can't please anyone.He should have his style and create a niche for himself. Dan is Dan and Keith is Keith.No two people can be the same!
Gbemi does nothing for me what so ever.
Let's give him a chance to prove himself and not give him someone else's shoes to wear!
If you dont like him, listen to tinwan-tinwan mititi.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by jummiee(f): 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2008
Awwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhh, gonna miss dan at Cool FM, cry cry cry
Cool FM would be dry without him
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by chi419: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2008
althoug am gonna miss DAn ,but i still like dis new GUy Keith. he aint bad atall, his cool u guys shud listen well his trying to make evryone love him ,so i tink he neds the encouragement he can get from us, NAIJA CANT WE EVER APPRECIATE ANYTING GUD , GO KEITH I LOVE MAN
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by shyvirgo(f): 12:17am On Sep 20, 2008
I AM IN SHOCK!!! KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP BUT NOT THIS!!!! ALWAYS PUT ON MY RADIO FIRST THING IN THE MORNING JUST FOR THE GOOD MORNING NIGERIA SHOW. SUNDAY PRAISE JAM WAS SO UPLIFTING. EVEN FRIENDS I HAD VISITING REMEMBER HIS SHOWS. I FEEL LIKE I'VE LOST SOMETHING DEAR TO ME. DAN FOSTER HELPED SHAPE A GENERATION OF YOUNG NIGERIANS.

P.S. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHEN INSPIRATION FM WILL START BROADCASTING?
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by mrover(m): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2008
dan was cool, i like the way he branded himself in the minds of his viewers, olisa had his audience as well. guez cool fm's loozin their most cherished presenters!

Don't thk there's much pretence in there, they're just being themselves.
One thing that catches me bout the station is their ability to amuse me with dem crazy stuffs they do.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by mrover(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2008
dan was cool, i like the way he branded himself in the minds of his viewers, olisa had his audience as well. guez cool fm's loozin their most cherished presenters!

Don't thk there's much pretence in there, they're just being themselves.
COolfm has a very unique style n' dats wat catches me bout the station, they hv an edge wen it comes to entertainment coupled with dem crazy stuffs they do.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Scopium: 11:01am On Sep 20, 2008
[size=13pt]Cool FM won't cease to exist. Before Dan Foster, there was Cool FM[/size]
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by U1(m): 11:19am On Sep 20, 2008
shocked I think I suspected this. With the arrival of Keith Lane, I had that feeling that does it mean Dan was leaving. But then, I thought maybe Dan was on vacation and I must say I'm very surprised to see this here. I wonder how you people get to know all these, I didn't even know that Olisa has left too but I noticed that Freeze now anchors his evening shows now. Wish them well though.

But if he is looking for another station to work, then it has to be the Rhythm (Inspiration FM?).
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by 2sleek2NV(m): 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2008
dan foster leaving cool fm mite be a big blow to some pple outside. he makes coolfm ROCK.

This is wat u get wen ur employers treat u like u do not exist. they pay like they are paying cleaners and gardener talkin frm experience as in i was there
but i want u all to knw that they will def get a good replacement 4 him sha.

if its not dan foster,it can neva be like dan foster
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by funfavour(f): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2008
i will miss Dan Foster, ooooooo, l love his voice, he is so alive yea, shit happens live goes on
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Mustay(m): 10:14pm On Sep 20, 2008
i think erastus' inspiration fm will give some people d inspiration to leave
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by mikelbay(m): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2008
yeah the guy has to leave and move on we should not xpect him to
keep sitting as a presenter for the rest of his life. everybody has to move on
in life because life is about stages. though am going to miss him badly but some days
are like that sad sad sad.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by idupaul: 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2008
where is cool fm located
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by chanaan(f): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2008
am happy for mr forster he has reasons for his decision grin
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by martharus: 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2008
na wahoooooooooo, shocked so no more praise jamzzzzzzzzzzz cry i hope they know what they are doing at cool fm to let such a hero go, but change must come , so i say adeiu to you dan foster and wish you the very best
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by zerocool(m): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2008
2sleek2NV:

dan foster leaving cool fm mite be a big blow to some people outside. he makes coolfm ROCK.

This is what u get when ur employers treat u like u do not exist. they pay like they are paying cleaners and gardener talkin frm experience as in i was there
but i want u all to knw that they will def get a good replacement 4 him sha.

if its not dan foster,it can never be like dan foster

I'd want to disagree with you about that. If their employers treat them like they don't exist, Dan wud'nt have stayed for 8years, Keith Lane wud not have come back to the station after leaving about some years back, Mark Silvia won't come back to Nigeria to help setup Cool FM,PH and Iyke the G would not have come back to Cool Fm now after leaving about 2-3yrs ago, to present Dan's Praise Jamz this morning.

Guess Dan left cos he wanted a change and also cos of the cash issue. Who doesn't want money now, even a young dude like robinho does.

1 Like

Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by bgees(m): 12:06am On Sep 22, 2008
I heard Dan just married. Maybe he is on a honeymoon or something. Whatever happens, they still have freeze,gbemi,vicky,keith and manny.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by kaelo(m): 12:22am On Sep 22, 2008
Dan Fosters gone, people move, people change, its funny that cool fm lacked the corporate brains to see this coming, obviously the guy had a better offer and cool fm cud not match it, hez not Jesus nowwwwwwwwww, the guy needs money, so he moved and this keith guy is not dry, hez DRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, he shud be commentatin on golf, not bn on radio, anywaz, naija peeps, if u wanna be loyal to dan, be loyal, its not like he moved to another country, hez jus a dial away, cmon, enuff drama, lets also move on,

1 Like

Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by imomoh24(m): 8:16am On Sep 22, 2008
Heard reliably that Inspiration got Kemistry too.

Dan had to go now, his mind is where his money is.

Rumour has it that he will be paid N1million per month, plus a house to stay in VI.

Can u beat that?
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by iceland(m): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2008
imomoh24:

Heard reliably that Inspiration got Kemistry too.

Dan had to go now, his mind is where his money is.

Rumour has it that he will be paid N1million per month, plus a house to stay in VI.

Can u beat that?
Rumour you called it! It's too juicy.I dont believe that.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by nakoks(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2008
guys for me its no big deal.if i have been following cool fm from day one.when they kicked off with keith lane and mark silvia it was absolutely out of this world.they left and i felt cool fm was finished when dan foster came as he was nowhere near keith but over the years he improved and did a wonderful job.so for me soldier come soldier go cool fm tradition still remains and i know they will still rock wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g / Nigerian Reggae Music Of The 1980s And 1990s / Davido - Skelewu (directed By Moe Musa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.