Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System (1318 Views)

Setting up a Local Area Network (LAN) / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / Local Area Networking Basic Components (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System by milu4(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2008
i just formatted my system and i cant find my local area connection,can somebody help me with the right drivers
Re: Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System by nazzyon(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2008
I don't think u need some sort of driver

Just go to Control panel

You will see Network connections there.

Just recreate ur account.
Re: Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System by DualCore1: 10:51am On Sep 19, 2008
nazzyon:

I don't think u need some sort of driver
Hey nazzyon, whts up? Why don't u think so? He just formatted and installed an OS (most likely Win XP), we don't expect any OS to come bundled with all network drivers, do we?

milu4:

i just formatted my system and i can't find my local area connection,can somebody help me with the right drivers
You need to find and install your Ethernet driver.
What is it, a laptop? a desktop?
if its a laptop, please provide the make and model
if its a cloned desktop check wht chipset the board is made of. If its a branded desktop, please provide the make and model.

In the future, if possible, please take note of all drivers before formatting. You can use driver backup applications to back your drivers up, then u can restore all drivers after re installation.
Re: Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System by inze(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2008
@ DC

well said

how far, u don chop?
Re: Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System by DualCore1: 11:53am On Sep 19, 2008
no o angry
u get food for house?
erm. . . tell ur sister to bring the food over grin grin
ur sister o, not u!
and dont be scared nuffin will happen, i just wan show her how to install network drivers tongue tongue
Re: Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System by UNLEASHED(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ Dual Core
And you're sure you won't teach her more than that? hmm maybe how to install synaptic pointing device drivers? tongue
Re: Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System by inze(m): 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2008
grin too bad

you'll need to have more than Dual Core to teach her how to install network driver

maybe a multi core shocked
Re: Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System by DualCore1: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2008
Just send her to bring d food joor. U and unleash go dey dia dey contemplate dual and multi core, i go die of hunga wyle waitin.
Re: Help I Cant Find Local Area Connection In My System by milu4(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2008
@dual core,the system is laptop p4 toshiba model number s1000-z2

(1) (Reply)

Any With The Idea Of Hw To Unlock Starcom Izap Modems? / Online Forex Trading And Internet Bandwidth / Pls Help M Where Can I Have My Dell Pc Repaired In Lagos,i Stay In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.