Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race (709 Views)

Fayose To Mu’azu: Resign, Emulate British LP, Democrats’ Leaders / Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts / Democrat Vs "Democrats: Jonathan(pdp) Vs APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by adconline(m): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2008
Re: Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by sima(f): 5:18am On Sep 21, 2008
0k!
Re: Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by davidif: 5:27am On Sep 21, 2008
wow, i don't want to sound naive but this is very VERY shocking and this is a country that calls itself a christian country when the bible explicitly states that you can't love God without loving your fellow man, that means that this guys are just decieving themselves. What a shame.
Re: Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by davidif: 5:29am On Sep 21, 2008
by the way, adconline, thanks for the post, iits probably the most decent and most insightful thing i've read online (especially on nairaland) in a while, instead of those stupid topics like "why southerners hate notherners" absolutely enlightening, we need more stories like this.
Re: Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 21, 2008
davidif:

wow, i don't want to sound naive but this is very VERY shocking and this is a country that calls itself a christian country when the bible explicitly states that you can't love God without loving your fellow man, that means that this guys are just decieving themselves. What a shame.

bro, those evangelical white christians are the most racist. They are "excellent" on the outside . . . well until you attempt to date their daughter. You'll get worse than the devil.
Re: Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by adconline(m): 12:59am On Sep 22, 2008
And it seems that Republicans have more favorable view of blacks than democrats. So  Dems are using black votes when they  need victory. So black votes  are taken for granted. This also reminds me of  why Senator Hillary Clinton was over emphasizing that Obama was missing  " white  voters" during the primaries
Re: Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 22, 2008
adconline:

And it seems that Republicans have more favorable view of blacks than democrats. So Dems are using black votes when they need victory. So black votes are taken for granted. This also reminds me of why Senator Hillary Clinton was over emphasizing that Obama was missing " white voters" during the primaries

She knew what she was saying . . . that come Nov many whites wont be willing to vote for a black face.
Re: Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by bawomolo(m): 1:08am On Sep 22, 2008
the bradley effect would be put to test come november. those white hillary supporters defecting to mccain need their head checked.
Re: Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 22, 2008
bawomolo:

the bradley effect would be put to test come november. those white hillary supporters defecting to mccain need their head checked.

they dont. Everyone knows that the reason Democrats are even busy discussing this race at all is down to skin color and nothing else.
Re: Why Some White Democrats May Not Vote For Obama Because Of His Race by adconline(m): 1:16am On Sep 22, 2008
Is it astonishing that Republicans have more favorable views of blacks yet blacks  vote dems all the time. This also answered some of my problems why a prominent Clinton fund raiser endorsed John Mcain saying that Mcain and Palin would be a centrist government. She even went ahead to bash Obama , Pelosi and Dean saying that Obama would be too liberal. Then I wondered would Hilary have been more centrist considering the fact  that noghting rallies republicans behind more than the Clintons.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wise To Mix Religion And Politics? - The USA. / Biafran Agitators Disrupt Igbo Day In Enugu / There Is Nothing To Celebrate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.