Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Reorganising the forums - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reorganising the forums (1285 Views)

List Of Internet Forums In Nigeria / Car-Talk & NYSC Forums + Better Facebook Support / Nigeria Top 10 Forums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reorganising the forums by Ka: 6:31pm On May 07, 2005
I think it would be a good idea to reorganise the forum hierarchy so that people can only post in 'node' forums (i.e. forums that do not have any forums under them). I think it is confusing to have forums like 'General' having threads like 'White Lies', 'How Did You Celebrate Worker's Day? (1st May, 2005)', etc. and also have forums like 'Business' and 'Politics' underneath them, especially because this isn't the practice in most forums that I am familiar with.

I think it would be better to have sections in which nobody can post, and then create forums that people can post in. In other words, the hierarchy will be something like this:

Under 'Forums', there will be 'General Section', 'Living Section', 'Entertainment Section' and 'Technology Section'. Nobody will be allowed to post directly in these sections.

Under the 'General Section', there will be 'General', 'Business', 'Politics' and 'Recycle Bin'.

Under the 'Living Section', there will be 'Family', 'Romance', 'Pets', 'Health', 'Education', 'Faith', 'Travel' and 'Motoring'

Under the 'Entertainment Section', there will be 'Humour', 'Games', 'Books', 'Music', 'TV/Movies' and 'Sports'.

And under the 'Technology Section', there will be 'Phones', 'Personal Computers' and 'Internet'.

The posts that are currently in the 'General' forum (i.e 'White Lies', etc.) can be moved to the 'General' forum under the 'General Section', and the single post currently in the 'Living' forum can be moved to the 'Romance' forum under the 'Living' section.

Let me know what you all think.
Re: Reorganising the forums by Seun(m): 7:10pm On May 07, 2005
I think so too. Now who's going to volunteer to hack the script? wink

UPDATE: Ka, I'm going to follow this suggestion almost to the letter. I appreciate it.
Re: Reorganising the forums by dominobaby(f): 9:43am On May 08, 2005
The idea is welcome and I quite agree, since there are sections, there are no need for extra threads, rather they should be contained within the section.
I quite made same slip at the early stages of nairaland.

By the way, seun, I don't quite understand the thread 'recycle bin'.
Re: Reorganising the forums by Seun(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2005
The 'Recycle Bin' is just like your WIndows recycle bin. Anything you see there has been "deleted" but may be restored in the future.
Re: Reorganising the forums by dominobaby(f): 9:07am On May 30, 2005
Lately I noticed that there have been a few repeated threads (anyone noticed that?)
I think it should somehow be avoided.
Re: Reorganising the forums by delarontus(f): 7:09pm On May 30, 2005
I also think members should try to keep the topic of discussion and not veer away from the subject. A new topic could be started where a member is raising different issues from the main topic.
Re: Reorganising the forums by solo2(m): 6:07pm On May 31, 2005
Ka and delarotus, I aggree with your sugestions it will be a nice idea,
Re: Reorganising the forums by meobizy(f): 2:22am On Oct 26, 2018
So Seun once accepted suggestions from users? Hahahaha, I can't believe how time and a little money change an individual.

(1) (Reply)

How Was Your Day? / A What Point Would You Consider Suicide? / I Have A Vsat, I Want To Give Internet Acesss To People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.