Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,641 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel (1859 Views)

British MP: "I'd Probably Fire Rocket At Israel If I Lived In Gaza" / 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2008
TEHRAN, Iran - Hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Sunday that Iran's military will "break the hand" of anyone targeting his country's nuclear facilities.
ADVERTISEMENT

The president spoke during a military parade displaying various types of Iranian-made missiles, including Shahab-3 and Ghadr. Also taking part in the parade was a military truck carrying a huge banner saying "Israel should be eliminated from the universe" in both English and Farsi.

"If anyone allows himself to commit even a tiny offense against Iran's legitimate interests, borders and sacred land, our armed forces will break his hand before he pulls the trigger," Ahmadinejad said during the parade.

The phrase "legitimate interests" is Iranian parlance for the country's nuclear program, which the West says is a cover for developing nuclear weapons. Iran, which denies the charge, already is under three sets of sanctions by the U.N. Security Council over the issue.

Washington and its Western allies are pushing for quick passage of a fourth set of sanctions to underline the international community's resolve.

But Ahmadinejad said Sunday that sanctions only help Iran achieve self-sufficiency.

"Those who once imposed sanctions, today should open their eyes and see our nation's technical achievements," he said.

Both the United States and its ally Israel say they support a diplomatic solution to the nuclear standoff with Iran but cannot rule out the military option.

"Today, Iran is not in a position to show softness toward its enemies," said Ahmadinejad, but added that threats made against Iran's nuclear facilities amounted to only "psychological warfare."

Sunday's parade commemorated the start in 1980 of Iran's ruinous eight-year war with neighboring Iraq.

Meanwhile, the official IRNA news agency reported that on the sideline of the parade, the air force chief of the Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards, Gen. Hossein Salami, rejected the notion that Iran had any ambitions for nuclear weapons, describing them as "ineffective."

"Any report about Iran's intention to use nuclear weapon is a sheer lie," he said, while adding that "our missiles are able to target the enemy's points in the region."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080921/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_nuclear

what a "piciful" nation
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by blackspade(m): 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2008
Good for Iran. They're a sovereign nation, who is anyone to tell a man in charge what to do? This isn't a world order yet, but it's sure starting to feel like one. Israel says they don't have nukes, but everyone knows that's a flat out lie, and Iran has the right as a nation to develop arms (that haven't been proven yet, but still) to protect themselves.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by RichyBlacK(m): 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2008
blackspade:

Good for Iran. They're a sovereign nation, who is anyone to tell a man in charge what to do? This isn't a world order yet, but it's sure starting to feel like one. Israel says they don't have nukes, but everyone knows that's a flat out lie, and Iran has the right as a nation to develop arms (that haven't been proven yet, but still) to protect themselves.

Thank you blackspade,

Even though Iran has maintained that her nuclear program is peaceful and US intelligence (a more or less political tool and a definite foe of Iran) has stated that Iran has since 2003 terminated whatever nuclear weapons program she was engaged in, the Republicans still want to bomb Iran.

This reminds me of when Saddam was saying "we don't have weapons of mass destruction" and weapons inspectors, under US orders, were frantically searching for WMD under mattresses in bedrooms in Saddam's presidential palaces, in a bid to justify an impending invasion of Iraq.

I wasn't fooled then and I'm not going to be fooled now. McBushalin should learn the wonderful art of diplomacy. They've tried it with North Korea and Libya, why can't the toddlers try it with Iran?
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 2:26am On Sep 23, 2008
blackspade:

japan has no nuclear weapons and it's a country that has no worries about military threats, same for switzerland. it's funny how a sovereign nation has no problem screaming for the elimination of another sovereign nation. you hypocrites won't be saying the same thing if nigeria and not israel was on that banner. since when did israel sign the non-proliferation act??

I wasn't fooled then and I'm not going to be fooled now. McBushalin should learn the wonderful art of diplomacy. They've tried it with North Korea and Libya, why can't the toddlers try it with Iran?

are u cool with the banner, a simple yes or no is required
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by blackspade(m): 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2008
That has nothing to do with here or there. How do you explain Pakistan and India having nuclear weapons? Coincidence? I think not, that statement you made has nothing to do with here or there, just a failed justification.

Also, elaborate more on how I may be a "hypocrite". Having a hard time making a point?
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by landis(m): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2008
there is democracy: freedom of speech.

japan has no nuclear weapons and it's a country that has no worries about military threats, same for switzerland.

very wrong. Japan always scared to death of North Korea. US have been beging them not to develop nuclear weapon and also because of it earthquakes.

But a series of radioactive leaks at the world's largest atomic plant following a killer earthquake in northwestern Japan this week has given the industry a public relations headache that will be difficult to cure.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2008
very wrong. Japan always scared to death of North Korea. US have been beging them not to develop nuclear weapon and also because of it earthquakes.

japan has never had a nuclear weapons program or shown hint at it. japan has a self-defense force and also US troops stationed there. north korea doesn't even have the naval capability to attack japan.

But a series of radioactive leaks at the world's largest atomic plant following a killer earthquake in northwestern Japan this week has given the industry a public relations headache that will be difficult to cure.

one of the risks of the business. japan has a nuclear power industry, iran doesn't. i'm not challenging freedom of speech but the myth that iran is a friendly peaceful nation
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by landis(m): 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2008
i'm not challenging freedom of speech but the myth that iran is a friendly peaceful nation

how many countries have Iran attacked?

how many countries have US attacked?

how many countries have Isreal attacked?

How many countries have Iceland attacked?
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2008
how many countries have Iran attacked?

iran supports millitant groups, this is a known fact.

how many countries have US attacked?

many in it's history, i don't agree with the US agressive stance by the way.

how many countries have Isreal attacked?

the arab-israeli wars including the hamas/hezbollah conflict for the most part were provoked by the other side. i find it strange u and the other posters keep on diverting the main question
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by Afam(m): 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2008
bawomolo:

i'm not challenging freedom of speech but the myth that iran is a friendly peaceful nation

This is the craziest statement I have seen this year. Myth? What have you been drinking guy?
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2008
Afam:

This is the craziest statement I have seen this year. Myth? What have you been drinking guy?

i'm sorry, ahmadinejad should be offered the nobel peace prize.

The Islamic Republic "has repeatedly declared that there is not and has not been any undeclared nuclear activities and material in Iran," it said, denouncing the "fabricated and baseless allegations , produced by the United States."

An IAEA report circulated to the board members Monday that faulted Iran for blocking efforts to further investigate the alleged weapons program.

Part of the report touched on what appeared to be drawings and calculations by Iranian engineers on reconfiguring its Shahab-3 missile to be able to carry a nuclear payload. Iranian officials say the missile has a range of 1,250 miles — enabling a strike on Israel and most of the Middle East.

Gregory L. Schulte, Washington's chief IAEA delegate, noted that — beyond dismissing the allegations — Iran "refuses to provide credible explanations to support its claims that all of this information , is pure forgery and fabrication."

And his German counterpart, Ruediger Luedeking, said that "if Iran is not pursuing a military nuclear program it should have no difficulty in cooperating with the agency.

"Iran needs to explain why its military is so deeply involved in its nuclear program," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080924/ap_on_re_mi_ea/eu_nuclear_iran
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2008
The president spoke during a military parade displaying various types of Iranian-made missiles, including Shahab-3 and Ghadr. Also taking part in the parade was a military truck carrying a huge banner saying "Israel should be eliminated from the universe" in both English and Farsi.

very friendly and peaceful quotes, Pls can you quote any statement like this from the Israeli sources even from Aljazeera

And his German counterpart, Ruediger Luedeking, said that "if Iran is not pursuing a military nuclear program it should have no difficulty in cooperating with the agency.

I thought it was only the US and Israel running the vendetta against Iran.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
hey of course they would claim mistranslation and propaganda by the evil zionist empire
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by Afam(m): 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2008
dayokanu:

very friendly and peaceful quotes, please can you quote any statement like this from the Israeli sources even from Aljazeera

I thought it was only the US and Israel running the vendetta against Iran.

I guess Iraq didn't corporate enough with the IAEA before US ordered the inspectors to leave Iraq so they could illegally invade a sovereign nation based on shameless lies about WMDs.

Good enough the US is finding it increasingly difficult to carry out such stupid unilateral actions (never mind Blair and co) as long as we have the likes of China and Russia around.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 11:43pm On Sep 24, 2008
when it comes to international relations, russia is exactly the country u want on your side. smart guy
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by Afam(m): 12:45am On Sep 25, 2008
Sure, will prefer Russia to US any day. At least the world will be a much safer place with Russia wielding the type of power US is wielding today.

Iraq and Afghanistan wouldn't have been in a mess if not for the lying Bush and his war mongers in the White House and Pentagon.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 25, 2008
Afam:

Sure, will prefer Russia to US any day. At least the world will be a much safer place with Russia wielding the type of power US is wielding today.

Iraq and Afghanistan wouldn't have been in a mess if not for the lying Bush and his war mongers in the White House and Pentagon.

this is UNBELIEVABLY absurd. grin

The likes of Ukraine, Georgia, Chechnya . . . would have something to say to that.

Afghanistan would not have been a mess but for Bush? grin grin cheesy Are there no more history textbooks? Who occuppied Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989? Bush?
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 1:24am On Sep 25, 2008
don't mind the clown, i guess it was the US that set up the puppet communist government of afghanistan. afam - have u asked hungarian and polish people how nice those Russian's are??
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2008
You can ask the Germans after the World war 2 why they were running away from the Russians to the Americans. they would rather be Americas POW than Russians

@ all,

I am waiting for a quote on Israel threatening to destroy iran so that we can justify Iran's speech.

What has Israel done to Iran to warrant such statements I just wonder

Yet we are calling the Israelis names for doing nothing regarding Iran
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by RichyBlacK(m): 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2008
dayokanu:

You can ask the Germans after the World war 2 why they were running away from the Russians to the Americans. they would rather be Americas POW than Russians

@ all,

I am waiting for a quote on Israel threatening to destroy iran so that we can justify Iran's speech.

What has Israel done to Iran to warrant such statements I just wonder

Yet we are calling the Israelis names for doing nothing regarding Iran

dayokanu,

Politics 101 for you: Soviet Union = Russia, just as Israelites = Israelis.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by RichyBlacK(m): 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2008
Ranking of world impulsive aggressors:

1. United States (undisputed champion! - foreign policy run by toddlers)
2. Israel (wayward hyper-belligerent contraption of the West - foreign policy run by toddlers who believe they're also running US policy grin)
3. ---
4. ---
149. ---
150. Russia
151. China
152. ---
153. ---
154. Iran
155. ---
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2008
Soviet Union = Russia, just as Israelites = Israelis.

the soviet union was controlled by politicians in the Kremlin. this is like dissociating the ottoman empire from turkey.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by Afam(m): 10:23am On Sep 26, 2008
@RichyBlack,

It seems you have a new intake this month. May God help you in educating this slowpoke bawomolo.

How can someone be thinking his his left hand at this point in time?
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by TopBanana: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2008
davidylan:

this is UNBELIEVABLY absurd. grin

The likes of Ukraine, Georgia, Chechnya . . . would have something to say to that.

Afghanistan would not have been a mess but for Bush? grin grin cheesy Are there no more history textbooks? Who occuppied Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989? Bush?
I wonder what history books you're reading. The one in front of me says it was the US who gave the Taliban "stinger" to attack the Soviet army and guess what, few years later the Taliban turned the same "stinger" on the US.
Time to get proper history books methinks.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2008
the afghan conflict started way before US intervention, contrary to what morons say, the US supplied the pakistan secret intelligence agency(ISI) weapons. the ISI in turn transported the weapon to the mujahadeens(sp). al-qaeda wasn't formed until after soviet withdrawal from pakistan and the jihadists were split into groups headed by weird characters like osama bin laden
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by dayokanu(m): 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2008
dayokanu,

Politics 101 for you: Soviet Union = Russia, just as Israelites = Israelis.

meaning what? 

Again i need a quote where the so called agreessor Israel has threatened to wipe out/attacked Iran.

Israel only responds to provocation from their Arab neighbours and i am not sure they have attacked Iran just yet

don't give me the stuvv about disproportionate response  why don't you attack first if you don't want disproportionate response
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 3:13am On Sep 27, 2008
iran is the one sponsoring hamas and hezbollah. i wonder why a peaceful nation would want to do such a thing
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by Afam(m): 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2008
bawomolo:

iran is the one sponsoring hamas and hezbollah. i wonder why a peaceful nation would want to do such a thing

Ok, now I understand this guy's problem.

What is wrong in Iran sponsoring Hamas and Hezbollah?

What does Hamas represent? Hamas won a very peaceful and violent free elections in Palestine mind you. That was democracy that the US and Israel opposed.

Hezbollah was formed after something happened in the 80's, try to find out what happened that led to the formation of Hezbollah to avoid being spoonfed.

You believe it is ok for the UK to sponsor, support and fund Israel as they use the money and weapons to kill innocent people while it is wrong for Iran to support Hamas or Hezbollah.

My friend, your problem is fundamental and based on bigotry that stinks to high heavens.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by davidylan4(m): 5:58pm On Sep 27, 2008
bawomolo:

the afghan conflict started way before US intervention, contrary to what morons say, the US supplied the pakistan secret intelligence agency(ISI) weapons. the ISI in turn transported the weapon to the mujahadeens(sp). al-qaeda wasn't formed until after soviet withdrawal from pakistan and the jihadists were split into groups headed by weird characters like osama bin laden

you wonder why i ignored topbanana's bunch of bananas? grin
Notice Afam didnt even respond to my rebuttal of his lies?

Dont waste your time with these air heads.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2008
TopBanana:

I wonder what history books you're reading. The one in front of me says it was the US who gave the Taliban "stinger" to attack the Soviet army and guess what, few years later the Taliban turned the same "stinger" on the US.
Time to get proper history books methinks.

lol!, i can imagine the guy reading tales of Marco P grin
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by davidylan4(m): 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2008
mdsocks:

lol!, i can imagine the guy reading tales of Marco P grin

Topbanana lied when he said the US gave missiles to the taliban. Bawomolo just corrected that lie but as usual u're a muslim, i dont expect you people let truth and facts get in the way of propaganda.
Re: Iranian Millitary Parade Sends Shots At Israel by bawomolo(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2008
What is wrong in Iran sponsoring Hamas and Hezbollah?

nothing bad at all, similar to sponsoring the Red Cross. hisses

Hezbollah was formed after something happened in the 80's, try to find out what happened that led to the formation of Hezbollah to avoid being spoonfed.

and what started the conflict, the lebanese government allowing the PLO to stage attacks from bierut. but u are right, it's always the fault of the west.

You believe it is ok for the UK to sponsor, support and fund Israel as they use the money and weapons to kill innocent people while it is wrong for Iran to support Hamas or Hezbollah.

innocent people indeed, the same kind of innocent people that would hide weapons in a primary school or mosque huh??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mugabe's Wife Beats Up Journalist / Photoshopped:Mandela,Sankara,Muhd Ali,Malcolm X,Gadddafi, Biko,Pictured Together / Jamaica's Opposition People's National Party Wins Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.