Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Boss's Relations! - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Boss's Relations! (937 Views)

14 Principles Of Human Relations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boss's Relations! by jaguda(m): 10:12am On Jul 10, 2006
A Roman Catholic priest dies and goes to heaven. When he gets there, St. Peter greets him saying, "Welcome Father!

It's so nice to meet someone who has not only preached the faith in the way that we all wanted, but who has also worked so hard to practise what he preaches. You'll be very happy to know that there are in indeed rewards in heaven for good deeds on earth, and you will be well rewarded, because you worked so tirelessly to do good. We are giving
you a car to drive around in, and it's a very nice one too."

St. Peter shows the priest to car yard, containing mostly sedans, vans and station wagons, with the occasional motorbike. They walk past all of this and go straight to a sleek sports car. It's an Audi coupé with lots of extra features
like a radio that pick up any station, as well as front and rear spoilers and a very zippy engine. The priest is very happy and takes it for a spin. He notices people everywhere, some of his former parishoners, some famous people who
helped broker peace deals, stamp out corruption and such like, and many other priests, from various religions.

The priest notices how most people driving sports cars are wearing Roman Catholic dog collars, and he is happy that the system he believed in for so long has turned out , what was that? He takes a second look. No doubt about it, the Archbishop of Canterbury, driving a Mercedes-Benz! He turns his car around to visit St. Peter.

"What's going on here? I thought I had been rewarded for preaching the right thing, but I just saw the Archbishop
of Canterbury driving a Merc!" says the priest, angrily. St. Peter replies, "Hang on, calm down. Ok, maybe
he didn't preach everything that we wanted, but there's more to it. Firstly, he thought he was right, which is somewhat
mitigating. Secondly, he had a hell of a lot on his plate. You dealt with one parish, he was overseeing a whole country's
worth of religion, he had to deal with stuff like a general loss in faith, the whole Prince Charles business and plenty
more. He had a rough time, and we think he did an amazing job, such as very few people could've or would've done."
The priest concedes that he has too been hasty, apologises, and leaves in his car.

He is back before too long though, with a new vexation. "Ok, "says the priest, "I get that religion in general is
better than no religion at all, so keeping people faithful to something is worthwhile, but I just saw a common Jew,
not even a rabbi, driving a Porsche! What is going on with that one?"

St. Peter leans in close and whispers, "Boss's relations!"

(1) (Reply)

Random Musings / The Interview That Made The BBC Cringe / The Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.