Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,645 members, 7,861,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503624 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:40am On Jul 09, 2007
Donzman:

Huntelaar might turn out being the the next RVN,

exactly my point and my fear!,  .
Hunterlaar, like RVN is a poacher. . and from the post i made some days ago to Jackal, I stated exactly how United depended on RVN, the poacher for goals, and this affected our play because a day off for Ruud means a day off for United. But a player that can initiate a move on his own and finish off is what United needs.

And as with the issue with the similarities with Rooney; It can be curbed. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 09, 2007
Justkunmi, that's true still. I remember back in the day, most of our moves had the intention of getting RVN at the end of it. We played somewhat very predictably and sorry to say boring. When Ronaldo got out on the wings, he is compelled to cross it to RVN instead of beating the defender into the 18-yard bo.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:02am On Jul 09, 2007
You've said it all. No disrespect to Ruud, but he made United's game very predictable. I remembered a particular day I missed a United game. A friend later told me the match ended 3-1. . .The first question I asked was, "WHO ELSE SCORED APART FROM RUUD" because I already knew he was going to score.

But immediately Ruud left, United's number of goals rose sharply and the goals were distributed evenly. Everybody had a share of the goals. . .Even Vidic and Ferdinand scored. Only Gary Neville did not score. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 3:15am On Jul 09, 2007
I disagree, while a RVN type player may lead to a somewhat predictable game, the nack of such players to sneak into the box and tap in unexpected goals is still very much needed, poachers are needed when all the flair, power and artistry fail to yield results. The current Man Utd squad has no poacher, last season i believe was a one off due to Ronaldo's exceptional season and scholes' unexpected resurgence. as the FA cup final showed, teams will find ways to curtail that next season. A player with that natural goal scoring instinct with positional awareness is necessary. overdependence isn't good, but such a scorer is essential, which is why a club like Arsenal has brought in da Silva an unrepentant box poacher to fill the gap in their squad
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:28am On Jul 09, 2007
debosky
Did u not notice the unexpected and somewhat surprising style of play United put up last season. . .?? Twas because it was nobody's job to score. Even though Rooney (for the latter part of the season), was the point man, the goal scoring job was everybody's. When the job of scoring goals is given to one man, what happens on his off day?? You now start drawing up alternatives. . .

Praises to Ruud for his service to United, because he's the only one IMO who does the job and delivers. .
If United wants a poacher, better be Ruud or nobody else. Nobody can do it better than him. . .not even Inzaghi or Hunterlaar. .

But why not go for a striker who can create an opportunity on his own and score than a striker who just waits around the box to finish off leftovers??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:50am On Jul 09, 2007
well for all Rooney's creating of opportunities last season, he still didnt hit the number of goals one would expect from the top striker in the team, Rooney's game is complemented well by having that guy that can deliver the goods in the box, it removes pressure from him and allows him to play at his best IMO. Ruud is gone, y'all need someone else to play that role Tevez is a rugged fighter who will die on the pitch to score goals, but i still don't see how well he will play alongside Rooney, unless Fergie makes him play wide again like some games last season and essentially reverts to a 4-3-3 with Tevez being the arrow head supported by Ronaldo and Rooney.

if its the striker that can create for himself and score lots of goals, then you need a Henry-esque player, definitely not a Tevez.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 9:25am On Jul 09, 2007
@ Debosky,

I AGREE with u totally.
Who cares if all the goals scored comes through one man?
United needs a poacher cos i dont really see Ronaldo blazing the league again next season.
If we had a RUUD in the FA cup final or the UEFA champions league against Milan, we would have fared better.
Major European teams all have goalpoachers in their midst so why not United?
Barcelona has Etoo, Madrid now have RUUD, Milan has Inzaghi, Inter has Crespo so why can't United.
Even Spurs has Berbatov to make things happen in the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont really see Tevez finishing off crosses cos he doesnt look like a fox in the box.
Granted, he's got skills but he looks more like a creator than a finisher.
Ronaldo(Midfielder) becoming the highest goal scorer last season says something about the United team.
Since when did United depend on a winger to bang goals in?
Every teams needs a goalpoacher when all other avenues are shut.
If Ronaldo gets a bad day who will score for United?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2007
I agree fuller-ly with Jackal and Debosky on this!!!

who says Dirk Kuyt is wack?

who says Huntelaar is average?

na wao . . .

who cares if the goals come from only 1 player? what Arsenal lacked for a long time especially with Henry's absence last season was absence of a goal poacher, someone to effectively convert chances that would have been converted by an RVN kind of player!

who ever thinks Ronaldo would have anoda glorious season is having a big laff!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2007
It seems JK is dancing round the song Jackal has been trying to sing in his ear cheesy

Notice how he avoids the UEFA and FA Cup games, might i add the last 3 prem games in that equation (Man City, Chelsea and West Ham)

Every team needs a goal scorer, like at Arsenal even during our prime (2003-2004 season) when we scored goals from every angle, it was obvious that we lacked an out and out striker.

Now some might have felt you don't really need one, but in crucial games, that might be the difference btw winning and losing, case in point Chelsea and Drogba, i mean how many games have Chelsea won by the skin of their teeth due to this guy.

And another thing you guys are not considering is the so called "Loan Deal" and what it pertains to , does that mean he could pack up and leave anytime, will his Agent KJ insist Fergie plays him always, will his presence make Rooney pissed (as Wazza doesn't really love to share the limelight, having had to relax with Ronaldo can he be calm with another all star)

So many issues surrounding this stuff. but guess Fergie knows what he wants.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2007
loyika

I definately am not avoiding any issue. . .Why should I. . .
On those 2 games you and Jackal are talking about. . . .Yes we lost because we couldn't convert our abundant chances. . We lost because our strikers were off duty on those days. .

But don't be too fast. . .Why single out those two key games we lost, when we won so many other KEY games. . . without having a poacher Liverpool, Man City, Bolton, AS Roma, Reading (FA Cup). . .

You guys should understand my point please and don't take me out of context.  I am not sayin a team shouldn't have a poacher, . . I mean, Milan has Inzaghi; Chelsea, Drogba; and the rest. . .

All I am asking, which I need an answer to is

Would you rather go for a striker who can create an opportunity on his own and finish off nicely or a striker who just waits around the box to finish off leftovers??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ JK you already have those - Saha, Rooney and Ole (if fit)

you don't need another in that mould, a poacher would be the right addition to the team now.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2007
My grandmother is fitter than Saha grin. . .I mean, the guy missed a large chunk of last season because of his recurrent injury problems. . Thank God for Larsson's contributions.
Ole, if fit, is old. . .
leaving Rooney.

So you see United is not that bouyant in attack to spend money on a poacher.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 12:19am On Jul 10, 2007
Every time no be xmas. He could miss next season and miss nothing at all d other season
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 10, 2007
These people are trying hard to sell us Huntelaar so they can sit back and laugh, since when did guys like Loyika and Debosky want anything good for United?. . .I don't see Huntelaar making it in the Prem. for the same reasons I knew Crespo wouldn't make it.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:28am On Jul 10, 2007
@ Donzman,

This United team is talent-packed so i don't see any striker under-performing.
When u have Ronaldo, Wazza and Giggs running things, u are bound to succeed!!!!!!!!
Huntelaar will blaze this league and carry on where RUUD left off.
United needs a player like him as he is a complete centre forward.
He is good aerially, decent football brain and subliminal striking instinctx.

Tevez will be anutha midget in the mould of Wazza.
The prospect appears nice if u imagine Tevez+Rooney+Ronaldo running at Kolo Toure and Senderos grin grin grin but i dont think its wise financially.
Why should we spend 30 mil plus on Tev when we can have Huntelaar for half the price?
Only when Huntelaar is not available to buy should we consider buying the Argentine.
Dont get me wrong, i will have either of em in Man Utd rather than none.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2007
You guys should please buy Tevez, so I'll have something to laugh about during the season, when he flops. tongue

I also hope you spend as much as 35 million pounds to get him. That would make the flop sweeter for moi! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2007
@Jackal

spot on!!! wink

why should Tevez not go get some of the booty tho, seems Man U has become a donatus clubshocked

@Loyika

doesnt it just remind u of fmr Gov Peter DONATUS Odili?  grin  grin

MAN U SEF DEY PAY CASH JARE!!!  grin  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2007
razor abeg make tevez no go manu o! if him go, we are in red trouble

with owen and tevez, those guys are as good as m,aking the epl title elude us
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2007
razorr is just tryin to run away from the truth,. . . .
she is scared to death of United and its prospects. . . .

razorr dear, denial doesn't take the fear away wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2007
Seems United means business nest season. . .with the rate we are buyin players. .

see this pls.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=346671
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2007
SAF doesnt want anymore players to go.

Its jst ideal for some fringe players to leave to give our youngsters chance to shine
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 10:00pm On Jul 10, 2007
9ja4eva i dey fear o!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2007
Wetin dey make u fear?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2007
make essien just giv emn injury
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 11:19pm On Jul 10, 2007
Give who injury?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2007
(if) tevez
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2007
Essien no dey fear face.Well e go good for us sef.We wanna get enuf penalty
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 11:54pm On Jul 10, 2007
. . . and they shall go over the bar
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2007
Yu mean over Cechs hand?

New season start jare.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 12:13am On Jul 11, 2007
u dey mudd
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 12:38am On Jul 11, 2007
Wait till season starts
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 6:53am On Jul 11, 2007
no, na wait till jesu oyingbo comes

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.