Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,340 members, 7,850,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:44 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (501854 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2007
Look at these twats celebrating a late draw at the Emirates.
I cant believe this . . . . .Man Utd were all over y'all.
We are tied on points and Ferguson has shown his intent to retain the Premiership.
Now we can concentrate on other games and get the groove on.

Arsenal has only copped 2 points in the last 6 which makes it very good.
Lets see who blinks first now . . . . United will go on anutha 8 victories on the bounce!
Its advantage United as it is . . . . .lets see how Arsenal will roughen up its strings of away matches.
Congratulations, MAN UTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2007
Its Time to damn my Boyz. Sh@t, i don't care watother fans would say

Wes Brown. . . . . . . . . . How Did SAF get this guy? Am we sure SAF has not been receiving bung. We all know Brown came through the United ranks but keeping this guy or using him as a right back is like allowing Iran to have nukes. It would always backfire on SAF, anytime, anyday,anyhow!. Ok, Jackal i now agree, Brown is the weakest link in this campaign, Silvestre playing as a striker would succeed than Brown playing RB!!

Vida & Rio. . . . . . . . . .  Vida led defense was a ruse and a sham today. Vida did ok by nailing Adebayor, but Adebayor too gave him some wicked hell of a runs. Those guys were so annoying today. After keeping series of cleansheets.I thought we had stopped leaking cheeky goals. Setpieces goal could be understandable, but these Assnals rumble in the box goals were horrifc!

Vandasaar: Did we just renew his contract Lastweek? SAF needs to rush foster back from injury or put Kuszack back in the fray. His agility and recovery has got to 2nd worse after Lehmann. Geddemn it, the first goal was as a result of his excess sleeping on the ground sad sad

Ronaldo: I think am beginning to feel, this guy just wont ball during the big games. Taking runs and running against Wigan,Rovers & Reading defenses aint squat! I don't care what others would say on this blog. Besides his tap-in goal, Ronaldo was horrificly absent. I kept looking for ronaldo everywhere, Geezer was no where to be found. However, he redeemed himself with that goal. He said he wants to win the UCL & EPL this season, someone please tell this guy to rise up to big occaisons and big dances. Without rising up on the big occaisons, he Gonna be a local champ 4 long

Evra & Saha: Good display and assists!

Wazza: Yeah, You "wazza-ed them". Good Job!!!

Hargo, Anderson, Tevez: Y'all didnt justify your pricetags today. hargo didnt destroy nada today. Fabregas was roaming as if  his father owns Emirates!!. However, these guys workrates can't be questioned,kudos to that fact! we don't only need excellent workrates, we need output & results. If we needed only workrates, we have 'em the "osheas,Ji-park,Fletcher in abundance.!!!!

Assnal, No Uhuru Yet! your asses would be handed to Y'all at the Theatre of dreams. On that day, United would open stretford end FREE for them boyz to shout theirselves hoarse till Y'all climax to submission and by then that game should be a formality!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2007
Naah i sure aint celebrating UTD'S asses deserved to be whooped and yes Tevez was crap today but Adebayor was worse.At least we didnt let our heads drop thats the difference between this Arsenal and the previous ones.We are matching on to more points Van Persie please get well soon i dont know how much longer i can cope with that cattle rearer striker called Adebayor
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2007
I am looking forward to the rematch at OT now.

Especially to see how Fergie plays it. His team were not cavalier today and played
pretty deep.

I wonder if he will let them loose at OT.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ Rikky,

I cant believe what u just posted.
Anderson and Hargreaves caged Flamini and Fabregas. . . . . .did u see the game at all?
How much joy did Fab4 have in the whole 90 mins apart from his goal? Not too much.

Ronaldo was kept quiet but i would still make him the man of the match by miles.
His assist led to the 1st goal plus he got anutha one . . . . .Those were the key moments in the game and he got involved in em.
Arsenal's total football was a farce . . . . .they were able to move the ball well enough but they didnt cause enough damage.

Rooney was a gem . . . . . . he gave the over-hyped GAYnners defence something to think about.
Evra was also outstanding but i believe Anderson is better than Fabregas on the day.
His timely tackles saved Man Utd in the 1st half . . . . .remember, they were playing at home so its up to em to open the game up and play United.
Man Utd coped well and was waiting for em to come forward and hit em on a counter.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2007
@Jackal
I beg to disagree Anderson was not better than Fab on the contrary our problem was not finishing you off when we had the advantage i am very convinced that if we had got that second goal first it would have been K.O for yall.My attack needs some sharpening.I say here and now that Adebayor is crap
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toshmann(m): 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2007
sharap scummites, arsenal played better. but i strongly believe those kids may not be able to win anything this season. they need matured hitmen to complement their skill and youthfulness
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2007
@toshmann
Thank you for your unbiased point i agree with you we need a hitman but i disagree with you too we would win something.What we need is a hitman someone who's onlyjob is to tuck the ball into the damn net it seems Fabregas is the only one that knows how to do that since RVP got crocked.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dinozzo(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2007
It is too bad van persie didn't play but i think manutd had the edge in the second half. See as manutd took over our right wing i wasn't surprised the gol came from there. Sagna was shyte, Adebayor shyte at least we got a draw. I am glad it could've been worse.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2007
Jackal:

Ronaldo was kept quiet but i would still make him the man of the match by miles.
His assist led to the 1st goal plus he got anutha one . . . . .Those were the key moments in the game and he got involved in em.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jackal how far now.

On the gunners thread you were very silent on Ronaldo's contribution o when it suited you,
but here you make him man of the match by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anderson had some brilliant tackles but he hardly offered much going forward if you noticed. That
was because both he and Hargreaves had to deal with Flamini and Fabregas. Despite that Fabregas played
well and he had his moments.

Rooney was Man of the Match in my opinion. Of the three vaunted Scummies, he seemed the only one
to have a clue.

@dinozzo

It just shows how much you know about Football.

How can you say Sagna was shyte. He looked the best athlete on the field.
Made Giggs largely ineffective, and is one of the few I have seen stand up to Rooney physically.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ Doyin13,

Of course . . . . .Ronaldo was quiet.
However, OPTA stats will rate him more than anyone in the Man Utd team.
What OPTA count is telling contributions . . . . .they are not too worried about flicks, dribbles and runs.
Ronaldo had an assist that Gallas bundled into the net and scored a beauty of a goal.
The way those boys carved out the GAYnners defence was the 9th wonder of the world. . . . . .

I cannot believe people are saying Fabregas had his moments.
Compare his performance against Liverpool to today's game ,  . . . . . . .he was purely shambolic.
The goal he scored wasnt brilliant . . . . he had all the time and space to pick his spot . . . .Rasheed Yekini at 45 would have also scored in Fab's shoes.
Apart from that . . . .he was quiet, his passes werent incisive. Anderson and Hargo coped well in dealing with Fabrepass.
Wenger's mistake was taking out Hleb . . . .Wenger is a Arrow. Hleb offers something different because he was outstanding.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dinozzo(m): 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2007
so doyin who would you blame for the second goal?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2007
@Jackal

I hope you are being sarcastic. HLEB WAS OUTSTANDING?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you for real. He was outmuscled by almost everyone. His only contribution
although it was telling was to hold the ball up and release timely for Arsenal's first goal.
Apart from that he struggled. It was he not Eboue that should have been replaced by Walcott.

Fabregas had his usual controlling if not penetrating game. He was less incisive than against Liverpool
but that says more about Liverpool than it says about Fabregas. He is still an outstanding player.

Strangely you have been silent about your beloved APACHE. I remember you saying he was a BIG MATCH PLAYER.

I bet he wishes UTD played the likes of Villa and Boro every week. tongue tongue

@Dinnozo

That goal was never Sagna's fault. He is good, but not good enuff to mark two players at once.

Walcott was on Evra, and he went to sleep when he should have gone with his runner. If he had Evra wouldn't
have been in so much space.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ Doyin13,

C'mon . . . . .Arsenal was PLAYING AT HOME. We didnt play in Cardiff.
Man Utd didnt set out the team the way they were used to.
Apache had no service all day as Giggsy struggled and Ronaldo didnt turn up at all. . . . .
Carlos Tevez still did what he could but i believe Nani would have helped a lot better than Giggs.

Lets wait till we meet again at OT with all players fully fit.
I cannot believe no one is giving Man Utd any credit for stopping the GAYnners from playing their TOTAL FOOTBALL.
Arsenal played ordinary today . . . . .something u would expect from Villa, Pompey and Blackburn . . . .they are not direct.
Going to the Emirates to score 2 goals isnt child's play . . . .not too many teams could have achieved that plus we could have won easily . . .
I cannot criticise anyone . . . . .both teams were quality and i think United has the advantage as things stand.
All the matches GAYnners have played outside LONDON have been catastrophic . . .points have been dropped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can we say the same thing about Man Utd?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2007
I was quite impressed with Man Utd defensively especially from Anderson
who i presumed would be a defensive liability. He proved me wrong.

And at moments in the second half when Man Utd expanded they looked like they
would cause the Gunners defense problems.

Well you still defend Apache, this time using Giggs lack of supply. lol
I thought both of them were poor to be honest.

Rooney is the ishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. For real. And Tevez hasn't got anything on him
at all.

Would Nani have played better than Giggs against Sagna. Hmmm. . .I would doubt it.
Nani is a bit lightweight to begin with. . .Anyway that's by the by.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by folahann(m): 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2007
Arsenal plyed better than Man Ure take it or leave it
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toba1909(m): 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2007
Nobody should argue that,
We play better than the old fools

Check an AGBAYA out[s][/s]

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by finestboy2(m): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2007
As far as am concerned, Manu won that match
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ finest-boy,

C'mon, dude.
We didnt win the match but we earned their RESPECT.
No GAYnner will run his mouth stupidly on Man Utd again . . . .
A lotta peops forgot we were playing an AWAY game . . . . .It was up to Arsenal to open Man Utd up and score.

The way the Arsenal players celebrated after the final whistle just drawing at home showed that we did something right in this game.
It was a very good away performance against a very good team and we defended the areas outside our penalty area that Arsenal wants to find space in to make their runs in the box.
Adebayor was ineffective for 93 minutes and kudos to United's defence for keeping him mute all day.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 7:16am On Nov 04, 2007
Well, we got lucky,

it could have been worse, but it was a good game all the same,

wat did i tell u jackal, if we had scored first we would have won, but if u score first it would be a draw,

well i've always respected manutd, and this game proves how good they are,

we passed the ball around to no effect, we created just two chances in the game, gallas header and hleb's outrageous shot (he should've done better)

but manutd had more, giggs chance in the first half when sagna was ball watching, his shot from outside the box, rooney's header, tevez's chance,

take it from me, we got lucky, its just our fighting spirit that held us,

but two players that would have made a difference would have been if, robin van persie and scholes had played,

the match would've probably ended in a goaless draw because it would be very tight,

all the same kudos to united, well played, i strongly feel wenger shouldn't have started hleb, hleb was outstanding no doubt, but would have been very effective if he came on in the second half,

anderson was very impressive, he was superb, ronaldo was out of sorts , but none the less it was his assist and his goal so a lot of credit should go to him, he was threatening, too,

fabregas didn't have as much space he wanted, but his determination paid off in the end, and let me point out that hargreaves didn't cage fabregas and flamini,

they saw a lot of the ball, they really didn't have any close encounters, so nobody was caged by anybody, the game was exciting and worth the watch,

So jackal, we still top and still ave a game in hand, so, let the games begin,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2007
A nice game but we played better,

Huh Howard Webb when u go learn ur lesson sef?

D battle begins now,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2007
@9ja4eva

why u dey beef arsenal,

is it because we are still on top and we still have a game in hand,

please be objective and cast sentiments aside,

is this the first time u know howard webb, have u forgotten that it was howard webb that reffed nigeria vs chile in the under 20 world cup earlier this year.

u know howard webb for who he is, in my opinion i think he was fair, despite the handball and vidic's tug on hleb and the decisions against arsenal,

aw, come on, be honest, if u ask me, he was fair,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:53am On Nov 04, 2007
@ 9ja4eva,

Its fuckery.
We dropped 2 points and that to me was more painful than the joy of gaining one point at the Emirates.
United coped well with Arsenal's imaginary TOTAL FOOTBALL . . . . .I saw none of that in 90 minutes.
The best move of the game came from Man Utd . . .Saha's reverse pass took out 4 Arsenal players to find Evra!!!!!!!!
Anyways, i am still waiting for Loyika and MC Omo to give their verdict on this kizzack.

@ Lordi,

Good review.
I am glad u admitted Arsenal got out of jail.
Wenger's substitutions were a little bit horrendous . . . . . .why take out Hleb and Eboue?
Anyways, the title race will be close this season but i think United has shown why there is so much hype about em.

Concerning the late goal . . . . .
Even though i was pained we couldnt protect the lead . . .credits should be given to Man Utd by the way they play.
Other teams would have parked a bus after Ronaldo's goal or try to waste time but we did not . . . .
A Jose Mourinho's team would have seen the game out with their theatrics here n there . . .taking balls to the corner-flags to waste time and shit.
United didnt do any of that . . . .they still carried on but do teams get their credits for doing such? Hell No.
The TITLE RACE has just begun . . . .Lets see how the GAYnners fare outside London.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 11:22am On Nov 04, 2007
@jackal

don't bet ur life on it, the gunners would fare well outside london,

we face reading next, and trust me, we'll do well,

so far we've been faring well outside london

lets hope u guys do well against blackburn,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Phiniter(m): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2007
lordimpaq:

@jackal

don't bet your life on it, the gunners would fare well outside london,

we face reading next, and trust me, we'll do well,

so far we've been faring well outside london

lets hope u guys do well against blackburn,

you are not serious, hw much can you perform against reading
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2007
@Phiniter
Reading will be a cake-walk trust me

@Jackal
My man of the match for UTD was definitely Evra

@lordi
I think we didnt go for the kill after we got that equalizer this was a game we could have won rather than coming from behind to draw.Wenger needs to instill that spirit in those boys the spirit of striking while the iron is hot i have no doubt that if we got that second goal first we would have ran away with the match.I think crunch time will come when we play three straight games on the road at Villa,Newcastle and Boro that would definitely make or break our title chase
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2007
@ A-40,

Evra was shyte,
He allowed Sagna to recover and cross the ball to Fabregas for Arsenal's 1st goal.
Gabriel Heinze in that position would have crushed Sagna's legs and condemn him to a wheel-chair for the rest of his career.

THE TERROR SQUAD

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2007
@Jackal
He was also crap when he pulled out for the second goal abi? He was better than Adebayor sha that was worse the worst player on parade yesterday
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2007
No one seems to have said a word about the real winner of yesterday's game between Manchester United and Arsenal - Chelsea!!!! grin

Yea, you heard me right - Chelsea won that game, even though we didn't play with you guys on the field.
We won by gaining two points from you guys. grin

Well, what can I say? Big thanks to Arsenal and Manhester United for giving two points to my club, thereby closing the gap between us to 3 points (WOW!!!). grin cheesy grin

I d'ey go sleep. grin cool

PS: If I was a GAYnner, I'ld be very upset at my club's lack of strength in depth as was exposed yesterday. You guys lack the quality that helps convert chances to goals!
And you have the audacity to celebrate a draw AT HOME! shocked
Your lot are pathetic. sad
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2007
when chelsea learns to beat rosenborg and birmingham at home and not struggle to draw, then you can come tell me about strength in depth. cool

Rubbish yarns. . .is it not this same MU that beat you 2-0 with your strength in depth? tongue

keep trying to catch up, Arsenal leads you on points, goals scored, goal difference. the only thing you lead us in is. . .fouls and games played grin grin

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by software(m): 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2007
@debo

u will never change, how dare u compare almighty chelsea and those little clubs? anyway, am not suprise, it simply shows u are a hater
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:06am On Nov 05, 2007
@ Debosky,

That reminds me . . . . .

Why were Arsenal fans celebrating like that after the match?
You guys forced Man Utd to a 2-2 draw at the Emirates and u celebrated like it was a draw at OT or a victory.
Correct me if i am wrong . . . . . I have never seen Man Utd celebrating a draw either at OT or any ground in the Premiership.
I think it was a disgrace for Arsenal players to have celebrated that way . . . .The scenario was a tad grosteque!
Le Chacal doesn't have any problem with y'all celebrating a late goal . . . but celebrating a draw after the whole game is APPALING.
Nah . . . . .It was obscene and it shows how much your players RESPECT Man Utd even though some pillocks here don't.

Blimey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When Essien scored a goal last season to equalise against Arsenal @ the bridge . . . .they didnt celebrate a draw.
Jose celebrated the goal because it was a late effort but that was it . . . . I didnt see Chelsea players forming a circle and dancing like ZULUs.
I thunk Arsenal would play guns blazing and do us like they did Slavia Prague or Sevilla. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Where was the TOTAL FOOTBALL Arsene Wenger promised us . . . . . . .I saw nuthing . . . .Your team ploy/tactics was shyte.
All the goals u scored were goal-mouth scrambles . . . . . .Sagna's cut-back to find Cesc and Billy's late effort that first Walcott mis-kicked?
The best move of the game came from Man Utd: Saha - Evra - Ronaldo and BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did Arsenal deserve to WIN? Hell Nah . . . . .They didnt deserve to LOSE but they didnt do enough to WIN.
Did Man Utd deserve to WIN? Nah . . . . They also didnt deserve to LOSE but will feel hard done by Howard Webb's horrendous decisions.

There was a blatant foul on Saha just before Arsenal's late equaliser that could have afforded Man Utd the only free-kick in Arsenal's danger area in the whole 90 minutes.  Arsenal always get these DODGY decisions in their favour at the Emirates . . . .
Buncha cheats, they even cheated to get a well-doctored fixtures that kept em in London 9 times out of 11 league games!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't too surprised when Mr Webb didn't give the foul in Utd's favour . . . .How many dodgy decisons have we seen at the Emirates this season?

ALL MAN UTD FANS should keep their chins up . . . . .we have shown Arsenal are twats and can only play passing game against weak teams.
Lets see who blinks first now in the next run of 6 games . . . .plus Christmas fixtures are yet to come when Toure and Eboue will be in Africa preparing for CAN 2008.
Trust me . . . .Arsenal is on top because they have played DERBY COUNTY . . . .They scored 5 against Derby which helped their cause stupendously.
I have no doubts in me mind now that United will clinch the TITLE.

UP UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.