Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,695 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:26 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503489 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2007
THE TOP 10 PLAYERS
1. David Beckham Real Madrid £87m
2. Michael Owen Newcastle United £32m
3. Robbie Fowler Liverpool £28m
4. Sol Campbell Portsmouth £27m
5. Rio Ferdinand Man United £22m
6. Ryan Giggs Man United £22m
7. Andriy Shevchenko Chelsea £22m
8. Thierry Henry Arsenal £21m
9. Wayne Rooney Man United £20m
10. Michael Ballack Chelsea £18m

Rooney is only 22 and he is on £20m,Beckham wasn't even close to that at Rooney's age.Beckham is 32 at the moment.In a few years time,Rooney will catch up,he has almost caught with Giggs who has been in the game longer
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chuckdee4(m): 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2007
Rooney has done quite a load of adverts, lets see, Lucozade, ok can't remember the rest but the fact is that companies would not want Rooney's face to be the face of their product (What r u trying to do, scare customers away)

Without a doubt he'll earn money but maybe not as much as David beckham, the only reason Rooney is even close to DB is cos of the sill y money that is in football.
When Beckham was an OT regular if Rooney was in that team there is no way he woudl have earned up to 50k a week, only Roy Keane was allowed to boss higher wages in that team, so factors like these should be put into consideration, quite frankly they are 2 players from different eras which makes it difficult to compare them
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2007
Rooney richer than Beckham.I laugh in Swahili
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hugoboi(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2007
Becks is richer than my boi Rooney by at least 10 mil, and i'm talkin British pounds.it aint no use comparing the both of 'em
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2007
I-man:

THE TOP 10 PLAYERS
1. David Beckham Real Madrid £87m
2. Michael Owen Newcastle United £32m
3. Robbie Fowler Liverpool £28m
4. Sol Campbell Portsmouth £27m
5. Rio Ferdinand Man United £22m
6. Ryan Giggs Man United £22m
7. Andriy Shevchenko Chelsea £22m
8. Thierry Henry Arsenal £21m
9. Wayne Rooney Man United £20m
10. Michael Ballack Chelsea £18m

Rooney is only 22 and he is on £20m,Beckham wasn't even close to that at Rooney's age.Beckham is 32 at the moment.In a few years time,Rooney will catch up,he has almost caught with Giggs who has been in the game longer

If anyone else, especially a Gunner had written TOP 10 without specifying category, U WOULD HAVE BROUGHT DOWN THE HOUSE . . . now u say this and am wondering what went wrong with ur perfect person tongue cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 7:56pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ I-man,

i expect arsenal fans to come here with their balderdash as usual.
the list u posted is quite old, that was 2006.
this is the new list . . . . . .

The Top Ten Players are:

1) David Beckham, 32, LA Galaxy - £112m
2) Michael Owen, 27, Newcastle Utd -£37m
3) Robbie Fowler, 32, Cardiff City -£30m
4) Wayne Rooney, 22, Man Utd -£30m
5) Sol Campbell, 33, Portsmouth -£28m
6) Andriy Shevchenko, 31, Chelsea - £25m
7) Rio Ferdinand, 29, Man Utd - £25m
8 Ryan Giggs, 33, Man Utd - £23m
9) Michael Ballack, 31, Chelsea - £18m
10) Steven Gerrard, 27, Liverpool -£15m

as u can see, rooney is the only under 25 on this list which means he still has about 8 more years to build up and even overtake david beckham.
the current prediction stands at 150 million pounds by the time he clocks david beckham's age of 32.
current earnings stands at 12 million pounds a year . . . . he has endorsements with nike, coke zero, asda, ford sports, ea sports and harper collins worth a further 17 million pounds. all will be hiked and extended before his career ends . . . . .
without a doubt, rooney will definitely surpass david beckham by the time he clocks 32 years of age.
beckham didnt even have 10 million in 1997 when he was 22 and rooney already has 30 million at 22.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by subi: 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2007
Thats the new list. What are you all saying? Dont youknow that rooney is rich but cant be compared to becks.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by brushparke(m): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2007
It is not by age brother but by how long Rooney will last my brother. Will he last as long as Becks?

I mean how long will he remain on top form and injury free? Except you mean these factors don't affect a players worth. I know he;s a good gambler and could as well make it from Gambling.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2007
@brushparke
Leave this clowns with his gambling habit and shit.How do we know Wazza would still be a force to reckon with in the next 5 years.Becks is an icon and would still be fashionable long after retirement the same cannot be said for Rooney

@Loyika
He could advertise products like acid,explosives,bleaching cream
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2007
@brushparke
Leave this clowns with his gambling habit and shit.How do we know Wazza would still be a force to reckon with in the next 5 years.Becks is an icon and would still be fashionable long after retirement the same cannot be said for Rooney

@Loyika
He could advertise products like acid,explosives,bleaching cream,acne cream
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2007
@brushparke

@Loyika
He could advertise products like acid,explosives,bleaching cream,acne cream
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ brushparke,

its not a matter of being a force to reckon with. its the people's choice.
the english public decides who their icon is by hyping them up and building the world around them.
english media makes them rich . . .  .its has nuthing to do with whether rooney is a force or not.
they have already chosen him to be the next english icon . . . . .the media is on his case like they were on beckham's case 10 years ago.
everywhere u look . . . its wayne rooney & coleen mcloughlin(his fiance) just like it was david beckham and victoria adams.
coleen was nobody but due to rooney's influence . . . .she is now worth about 7 million pounds and she is just 21.
she was able to get various endorsements just because she is dating wayne rooney.
rooney plays for the biggest team in england where he is bound to be successful for the next 10 years.
he is under the guidance of ferguson(the same manager that made beckham). its inevitable, rooney is the next english icon.
rooney will get richer than beckham in a matter of years!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2007
The key reason why Rooney will get richer than Becks is that there is more money in football now than when Becks started and football keeps getting richer.Rooney's wowoness won't get in the way.He is already fronting many ads like others mentioned.

He is playing for the best club in England and under the best manager.He can only get richer.

I heard Van Persie is planning to market date rap e pills.Na true?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ i-man,

i cannot understand how the fellas on this forum think.
the wages footballers earn these days is more than enough reason to even put rooney ahead of beckham in a couple of years.
we all know posh beckham was a spice girl before meeting david, coleen was a normal schoolgirl 4 years ago and she is now worth 7 million.
she does no work/job and became rich due to rooney's influence. she's written books, writes columns for popular magazines, was paid half a million pounds by LG and paid 3 million pounds by asda.
how is face a factor in football? ronaldinho? luiz ronaldo? are they not rich and famous?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2007
Naah una dey miss the point its not just his looks its his swagger his demanour his charisma his hairstyles,Something that Wazza unfortunately does not have it goes way beyond just his football.Wazza cannot be compared to Becks please
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ A-40,

no one is saying rooney is as appealing as beckham or as rich as beckham as of today.
the truth is, rooney has got the potentials to be richer and more famous than david beckham.
there's more to rooney's popularity than looks, charisma, hair-styles and swagger.
rooney is the english media's choice as the next english icon. he plays for a big club under a great manager and earns mad wages.
he is young, has 10-12 more years to play and many more endorsements in his industrous career.
rooney will catch up with beckham in the next 3 years.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2007
@cougar
Looks definitely matter in the market and charisma does to a large extent The appeal must be there however good your football skills are besides what makes you think Beckham's endorsements will dry up or do you think his income will be static as well
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ A-40,

its ridiculous!
negro please, looks has nothing to do with endorsements and charisma.
how would u react if i tell u ronaldinho is richer than p.diddy, matt damon, tyra banks, justin timberlake and george clooney?
come on, ronaldinho cannot even speak english for a start and is uglier than wayne rooney.
football is growing enormously and i wont place a bet players wont be earning 300k pounds a week in the next couple of years.
besides, beckham's endorsements will dry up as soon as he stops playing for club and country(3 years max).
wayne rooney has 10-13 years to earn mad wages and the wages will even go higher than what we see today.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Cougar
It does matter.How can you say Ronaldinho is Richer than Matt Damon or Diddy? Do you smoke reefer bruv.Besides wazza is uglier than Ronnie cmon have you seen the brother's skin? that guy needs a chemo or something
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by worldbest(m): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2007
For informations about premier league,champios league,la liga such as results,fixtures,topscores ,play spotlight discussion etc you can get them at www.footballarena..com am sure you will like what u will see.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ A-40,

now i know u don't know anything about football.
ronaldinho is richer than all the guys i listed above.
if u don't believe me, check forbes. ronaldinho surpassed beckham as the most marketable player in the world generating $60 mil annually.
the last time p.diddy made $50 m yearly income was 1997 when notorious b.i.g. died and p. diddy's "i'll be missing u" topped billboard charts.
ronaldinho is money. wayne rooney looks better than ronaldinho by all means. are u kidding?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Cougar
So because he makes a few more bucks than Diddy in one year makes him richer? dude you dont seem to have a clue.We are talking of a cat worth almost 400 mil if not more.

Wazza better looking than Ronaldinho? that lie can wake up a dead man
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ A-40,

p.diddy worth $400 million? its a facade.
that nigga is worth zilch. when was the last time he sold platinum?
u have been reading wikipedia that was written in 1998/1999. p.diddy makes nuthing and all what u see on mtv is just a farce.
dinho banks $60 million every year and that might improve soon if he joins chelsea.
p.diddy's wealth is going down by the minute with various lawsuits from ex-wives and ex-employees.
these days, he pays more than he earns and dont be surprised if he goes down like iron mike tyson.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Cougar
Aww stop it.Your ignorance is becoming very embarrasing.How can you disrespect a hip hop mogul that runs a fashion empire and various tv shows.Do you know how much he would be worth if he sold Sean John alone.Please tell me what year Ronnie started making $60 mil with some proof please
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ A-40,

i stayed in the US and i know what i am talking about.
if p.diddy sells sean john? he will prolly sell it for $(150-200) million.
that sounds nice but then again the various law suits and child support he has gotten himself into will eat deep into his pockets.
the more u earn, the more u pay for your children and the numerous enstranged wives.
diddy is bleeped.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2007
@Cougar
Who cares about where you stay Jigga sold Rocawear for over 200 mil Sean John might go for more add that number up with the one i said before and what does that give you? A rich black boy.Please tell me how many kids and wives he has are they so many?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2007
@ A-40,

roc-a-wear sold for $200 million should tell u sean john wont sell more than $100 mil.
how much is $100 mil when david beckham is worth about $220 mil?
i am telling u p.diddy as a producer/artiste is a broke ass nigga. he spends more than he earns.
bad boy records has no credible artiste in its camp, sales are at a record low, nothing is bringing in the benjyz.
he is only living on past glory, i wont be surprised if he goes bankrupt in the next 18 months.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2007
Diddy bankrupt? thats an oxymoron try Jackie Chan is not chinese.With Unforgiveable alone nothing do that guy.Even Becks is not close to Diddy not to talk of Ronaldinho
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2007
p.diddy richer than beckham? lololololololololol
unforgivable? who wears unforgivable? school kids i guess.
diddy thrives on past glory. his income is dipping every year.
i have an article somewhere, i will post it here when i get ma hands on em. a financial analyst reported how diddy might end up bankrupt if care is not taken. judges are on his case because he keeps failing to live up to his parental responsibilities.
the more he earns, the more he pays his enstranged wife and kids. his monthly payments for justin used to be $3000. it was hiked by a judge to $35,000 in 2001 and was recently hiked to $135k in 2006. his wife also gets pay checks from diddy as part of family support.
becks is worth abt $220 mil. diddy owns just 50% of bad boy records and i am not sure bad boy is worth $50 mil. sean john is about $100 mil.
figure it out and get back to me if u really think diddy is richer than beckham.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2007
@cougar and a-40

wats up wiv u guys,

we were supposed to be talking about football,

instead we're talking about, em,

how broke p.diddy is,

how much jigga sold rocawear,

how small diddy's willy is,

how ugly dinho is than rooney,

peeps, c'mon, its football, not HIP HOP celebs,

Hello cougar, nice to meet you, they call me lord,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2007
@Jackal
wassup hommie, meeen see what our thread has turned to,neways its the bomb so we wlcome all sorts of thrash, we don't mind.
England mite make it afterall and it will be good for soccer and my boi Rooney to be part of the part.

@A-40
p-diddy and becks? im having a good laff. Diddy aint broke and hes worth more than what cougar is talking about.

@JK
You shouldn't be caught dead with that statement!!!!!. .
Maureen is a joke when placed at par with Wenger.
Do u know who Wenger is in the first place? Do u know how much history is behind him? Do you know how much good and growth he has brought to football and u open your mouth and say Maureen is better. .Think twice guy. . .think twice. .

WENGER IS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER THAN MAUREEN!!!!!

JK, for this to have come from you, ill assume you have been shagginng some gaynners grin grin grin
Mourimho and Wenger?
How much good and growth what are you talking about. next time, i wont take this from a footie expert like you.
If you care to know, wenger lost in europe at the finals in Monaco, won a couple of domestic titles with Monaco and Arsenal (or is it japan) or what history are you talking about?, add all these together, it CANNOT EQUAL a UCL TITLE AND a  UEFA TITLE under the belt of mourinho.

Like i said before, you only enter the hall of fame with european titles.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2007
Hall of Fame cheesy cheesy Tkb what Hall of fame

"In 2006, Wenger was inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame in recognition of his achievements as a manager in the English game. He was the second foreign manager to be inducted to the Hall of Fame, after Italian-born Dario Gradi of Crewe Alexandra."

From Wiki cool

Is there another "Hall of fame" Do you now have a Personal hall of fame, where only Managers you love get into

Once again, typical Scum Propaganda (At least JK isn't toeing this stupid line).

cool GOONER 89

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.