Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,606 members, 7,865,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:31 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (504016 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2008
Yea they struggle anytime United hammers them.
But dont you guys think that Arsene Wengay make up his excuses before the season kicks off.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2008
@ presido1,

Don't worry about his excuses. All we need is the
title. He has succeeded in decieving the club's fans.

He is building. . . The players are young. . . They are
operating on a low budget. . .

I thought Jose Mourinho was "over talking" when he
said there is no pressure on Wenger and that he would
have been sacked if he was in charge in an ambitious club.

@ Chacal,

Scholes without the nasty tackles? Then it's no longer
Scholes. He is the king of mis timed tackles. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2008
Fergie really is a wizard.Great game.Though now he's having a lil problem deciding who's gonna be on the squad for tuesday night.
"Picking the team for Tuesday is a real headache," admitted the United boss on MUTV. "I had one team in mind before the Fulham victory, but I changed my mind at half-time!"
Well Ferguson,i believe y'all will make the right decisions in the end,as usual grin
@chacal
Muleheads like Mc Omo should simply be ignored.Which of the games are you gonna be watching tuesday?United's my first choice,but i would so love to watch how badly arsenal gets slaughtered by Kaka and company grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2008
The two game will be watched, switching from one channel to the other expecially when they score ass-anal.
I hope Giggsy will not future against lyon on tuesday. He has tried for us but he should let Nani register his preence as well.
I predict 2-0.
How una see am?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by jgirl3: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2008
From what Fergusson said, Giggs should and might be playing against Lyon against my wishes too but Fergusson knows what's best.
I predict 2-1. Lyon is a strong team
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2008
presido1:

The two game will be watched, switching from one channel to the other expecially when they score ass-anal.
I hope Giggsy will not future against lyon on tuesday. He has tried for us but he should let Nani register his preence as well.
I predict 2-0.
How una see am?
Guess you're right grin, though channel-switching won't be the same as concentrating fully on a game.The showdown at San Siro will really be interesting,especially with my man Gattuso free to display his antics on his turf.Match scores,let's see.2-0 seems possible,but i'm betting Lyon's gonna put one in the back of our net.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Honestly, Scholes should watch how em South American boys pressure opponents without doing anything rash.
I think that is the difference between English players and em Latino players.
U can always breathe in peace when Apache or Anderson are pressing. . . . When Scholes/Rooney chase players, they get carded. grin grin grin
I cannot count the number of times Scholes/Rooney have been suspended due to this rush of blood.

@ Presido1,

Giggsy has clearly clogged Nani's development.
I wish Giggsy stay off until we play Derby and some other shit clubs.
Nani is a special talent. . . . . . He can CROSS the ball and that will be a PLUS next season when Manucho + Huntelaar arrive.
In fact, Ferguson confessed Scholesy's injury sped up Anderson's development. . . .
A fit PAUL SCHOLES woulda kept Anderson in the dark. . . .

@ Cassiel,

SKYSPORTS gives me the right to choose which one so i always flick the channels.
Sometimes i think too many cooks spoil the broth. . . .Its always sad when i have to watch 8 UCL games every matchday.
I think i am gonna stick with the GAYnners. . . . Nuthing amuses me more than witnessing the disintegration of their season.
Arsenal will win their TREBLE*.

TREBLE*= 3 TROPHYLESS SEASON IN A ROW. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2008
This forum is so going to buzz tuesday night grin grin.Gaynner-slaughtering it is for me,then as presido1 suggests,i'll be doing the channel-flicking thing to see how United buries the ball in back of Lyon's net.And i really hope Nani gets to play full.He waz lovely on the pitch today.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2008
The Nani of a guy is a number, what a good buy be SAF. Next season he will explode to his full potential.
If you watch him closely he has the same partern of play with CR.
SAF brought Anderson in today to see if he can score his first goal as OH got his today.
3 points on the bag anyway.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Are u watching the Barca game?
Ronaldinho just scored the goal of the season a moment ago.
His scissors kick from 13 yards made Abbiati look like a plonker.

@ Presido1,

Nani and Anderson have been brilliant buys.
Gone are the days when United's midfield were in the hands of Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, O'Shea and Giggs.
United's STRENGTH IN DEPTH will take us through the STORM.

With Arsenal playing at full tilt today to get a hard-earned draw, dont be surprised they will be FLAT at San Siro.
They turned the game into a slug fest. . . . . .fighting hard till the last few seconds of the game to get a goal. . . . .
No doubt, this game must have worn those players out. . . . .Fab is suffering from a BURN-OUT already.
Gareth Barry kept him under wraps throughout the game and i kinda wonder how Gattuso will make him suffer at San Siro.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2008
@ Chacal

Haven't seen the goal. After the Real Madrid game, my
host's girlfriend switched to nollywood 331.

Back to footie now. Settling down to watch match of the
day.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Watching match of the day?
Did u see Scholesy's 60 yards pass to find SAHA?
Tell me how SAHA missed that glaring chance . . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 12:13am On Mar 02, 2008
fair enough . . . u have closed up the gap BUT THE TROPHY IS NOT GIVEN TO THE TEAM THAT HAS CLOSED THE GAP BEST tongue

the mere fact that we could get the equaliser is a true indication that our boys mean business !  cheesy

in previous similar ties like last season's we would have lost the game flatly . . .but goood enough WE REMAIN ON TOP OF THE EPL a position Fergie would have loved to be so much that he will give his left leg  grin  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 1:04am On Mar 02, 2008
@ Chacal,

You know I love Scholes a lot.

Let me tell you a little story. . .

We were playing at Old Trafford a couple of months
ago. He wanted to pass to Anderson and Anderson
antipated the pass and made a run towards the right to
recieve the pass.

The chap that sat next to me (Had a funny accent)
mumured to himself -apparently refering to Anderson-
"You don't have to run. It's Paul Scholes. The pass will
get to you wherever you are."

The epitomises Scholesey's quality. We need such in
the vital run in.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 1:19am On Mar 02, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Paul Scholes is the best English player of his generation.
He has spoilt me with crisp passes. . . . . . .It's difficult to find someone else with such a good vision and awareness.
I think Anderson is the new kid on the block. . . Fergie wasn't wrong when he said he has found Scholesy's replacement after many years.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 4:56am On Mar 02, 2008
Whatever happens,Scholes shouldn't be starting any longer.Anderson and Carrick have stronger claims to a starting shirt than Scholes.

The key problem with Scholes is that his mobility is limited.He doesn't cover as much ground as the others and the others still offer a fairly comparable range of passing as Scholes.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by popsonj(m): 7:04am On Mar 02, 2008
SCHOLES should always start when we need to play big teams,
i think his experience still works for him.

But that's a problem for
Fergie going by the bunch of mid fielders he has to choose from.

The squad's very good and any of them could make the difference
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by popsonj(m): 7:11am On Mar 02, 2008
Please someone tell me, What's happening to Arsenal?
IS IT FATIGUE? PRESSURE? INEXPERIENCE? INCONFIDENCE?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by jgirl3: 7:52am On Mar 02, 2008
popsonj:

Please someone tell me, What's happening to Arsenal?
IS IT FATIGUE? PRESSURE? INEXPERIENCE? INCONFIDENCE?

All of the above except Inexperience. I wouldn't say Arsenal is inexperienced, they are just facing teams that play more confident and less pressurized to stay on the top. Man Utd is just taking it nice and easy that's why they are doing much better.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 11:19am On Mar 02, 2008
J-girl
Arsenal is fried! Their draw yesterday has sealed their fate this season. Its such a shame that after playing the best football of their lives, they'll end the season trophyless. . . yet again!.
Tottenham annoyingly bundled them out of the Carling Cup, United evicted them from the FA Cup. Milan would slaughter them at San Siro and of course, United would forcefully retain the title this season.
I'ld like to interview Wenger after he ends this season without a trophy. I'ld like to hear his excuse. .

Check this
Me.- Er. .Mr.Wenger. Last season, you didn't win a trophy. This season too, you've failed to pick up a silverware. Any problem? Cos its beginning to look like a tradition.

Mr. Wenger,- (looking at me like I just cursed his mother) Er. . Er. . Ehrrh. . Can you rephrase the question?

Me.: Arsenal has ended this season without a trophy again. . Any reasons?

Mr. Wenger,: (wit his funny accent) Er. . Erh. We are still a young team. We'll win trophies in future. Moreso, We lost a rare striker in Eduardo. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2008
4 Play:

Whatever happens,Scholes shouldn't be starting any longer.

The reason why we have a big squad is to have the
luxury of rotating players and keeping everybody
fresh in this vital run in.

So Scholes WILL start some matches and others will
have their turns as well. It's a simple situiation.

Scholes is not a pacy player. Has never been. His
game is all about vision and his ability to marshal the
midfield without fuss and glamour.

He will start some, Carrick will start some, Anderson
will start some.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Talking about Anderson. . . . . .
If he dominates Cesc Fabregas at OT in April for the 3rd time, should we conclude Cesc will always be in his pocket?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2008
@ Chacal,

Why are you still waiting. The boy's more talented than
Fabregas. There is no question about that.

And did you say 3rd time?

He's done it 3 times already. Don't tell me you've forgotten
their duel when Anderson was still at Porto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8U2V8YW_jg
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:13pm On Mar 02, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I remember that game.
Anderson schooled Fab4 several times on the night and i was gobsmacked. . . .
Anyways, i think the last one was clear cut.
How do u explain this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2uw0g8AVzQ&NR=1ember
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2008
Arsene's latest excuse for the draw to A.Villa - ''We had a hangover from last week,definitely''. grin What's next on the excuse list,i wonder grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2008
Next excuse?

Adebayor has FLU.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2008
even with an hangover from Aston Villa's game . . .ALL WE NEED IS A SCORE DRAW AT SAN SIRO ! tongue

and yeah that will be a nice time to give excuses cool

pray Benzema doesnt do u in by spoiling ur joy on the nite tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by jgirl3: 8:41pm On Mar 02, 2008
Mc Omo, carry your negative energy back to your thread angry - there's a realistic gunner who realizes how weak that sorry team is smiley. Go and console him. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2008
@ j-girl,

Arsenal are not WEAK. . . . They are just pathetic.
They won't win shit this season.
Their disintegration continues on tuesday.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bosunk: 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2008
MMM LYON will suprise u at home 0-2 is the scoreline BARCA FOR LIFE grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2008
@ Bosunk,

U are a serial self-servicer.
Lyon will surprise who? U mean like Athletico Madrid pulverised y'all last night?
Bloody pillock.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by jgirl3: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2008
@ Chacal - i do agree they are pathetic as well but right now, they really look weak. On Tuesday, let's just wait for Wenger's excuse. I'm sure he's cooped up in his room right now, figuring out his next lie.

@ Bosunk, carry yourself out of this thread instantly with your predictions.

At times like this, I wonder

Where's Loyika?
Where's Debosky?
Where's Mukina?
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.