Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,653 members, 7,862,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:36 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503629 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pahtahkee: 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2008
I pray Vidic and Rooney are backup for the finals. I do not want to entertain the silly excuses these scummies keep bringing up for their absence.

I have said Chelsea would be the better team to deal with the scummies and they have proved me right by dealing with Liverpool as appropiate this evening.

Now Moscow will show who really is the Champion!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2008
Jackal :
@ Eldee,

If i have one wish. . . . I would rather have HARGO and Anderson in the middle of the pitch.
Irrespective of who Man Utd is playing. . . . I think Anderson makes the midfield mobile and he is more versatile.
The Brazilian whizkid can tackle, use the ball well and ping peach passes. . . . .Scholes n Giggsy can come on in the 89th minute if they wish.

As per Wenger. . . . . . .He is not an astute manager. . . .
When Arsenal met Liverpool in the league game @ the Emirates. . . . Wenger had no business playing Cesc, Hleb and other top players.
Wenger ought to have applied damage limitiation. . . . He's never going to win the league. . . .He shoulda focused on UEFA and rest his players for it.

A fresher Fabregas and few other Arsenal players against the Scousers at Anfield woulda served Arsenal very well.
Scholes has to play, he's been an important part of Man Utd's stride to the final for the second time
Even Roy Keane will be wishing he got this chance Scholsey's getting
Besides, he might be a lil slow, but them cutthrough passes cannot be understimated, and remember he does the Keano when needed.
Winning it will be a finale to the career of the best midfielder England had sinc Gazza.

Bout Wenger, look at Chelsea, how many players did they rest?
Who were the big guns today?
Fabreagas was worn out not because he played one match, but because he played all season, you feel me?

I know I shouldn't be asking now but where's dayokanu?
I'm waiting for an All German final cheesy tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pein(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2008
both of 'em are back rooney is expected to play against west ham,not too sure bout vida but he's rearing to go as well.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ eldee I agree with you mate

DD played all the games he could this season, even with injuries and all, and still scored two goals, ditto for Essien, but STILL they produced results

Resting players doesn't always produce results, Benitez rested but crashed out, Chelski instead WON twice - I think if AW played his strongest squad that Saturday, it might have been us facing Chelski tonight. . .but I'm glad Liverpool is out now - after cheating into the semi's, they don't deserve to go far.

This is a warning to all who believe signing expensive players results in success - Torres, Voronin, Babel, Mascherano, Leiva, Skrtel and the others, STILL NO trophy, and essentially a WORSE season than the previous for them. Money alone can NEVER win titles.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 10:33pm On Apr 30, 2008
But the story is different for Wenger.

If he did not buy a star player in the next season. You guys will have to kiss EPL winning goodbye.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 10:40pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ Jackal

Where you dey now?

Make we yarn.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ Debosky,

You are spewing trumpery. . . .

Chelsea only went through on the balance of HOME ADVANTAGE.
Sammie Hyppia shoulda been given a penalty but the Referee disagreed and many other variables.
On the balance of play, I think Liverpool played extremely well. . . . . . .They asked questions throughout the 120 mins of play.

Arsene Wenger should have rested his lads. . . . .U cannot compare those players with Chelski.
How many of those Chelski players have had 25 appearances this season alone. . . . All Arsenal players are close to 40. . . .
Man mis-management coupled with sheer STUPIDITY was Wenger's greatest undoing.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by BayoMaya(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2008
Poof!its al ova,united-chelsea final.dem go cry 4 21st may.bt d date too far,chelsea fo0ls keep making noise make we trash dem quick shut their mouf,d ones here make me laugh,make mouf and cova their mouf afta failing.only if babel startd,liv go win.he was d one my eyez were rollin 4 at the startup.
Said he ll (evn a lo ng ranged shot)che fan denied,and coverd his mouf wen it happend.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ Nazzyon,

What are we talking about?

Man Utd Vs Chelsea? It's gonna be a classic.
Ferguson should just allow our boys to express themselves.
Nani Vs Essien, Ronaldo Vs A.Cole, Anderson vs Ballack. . . . . .It will be a CRACKER!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 11:01pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ Jackal

Yes o!

I am expecting the best of all seasons' match from our boiz.

Looking @ yesterday's match you will realise that we are a good team. After loosing to Chelsea in EPL, if it were any other club it would have been a double beating from Barcelona.

I believe we can make it a double.

I have always wanted a re-match between us and them.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ Jackal

I STILL disagree with you - tiredness did not kill Arsenal, it was lack of momentum at a critical point, beating Liverpool would've raised spirits GREATLY, at least there would still have been hope in the league.

playing 40 games is not the issue - it was a lack of inner motivation or drive because of a loss in confidence - a win at all costs would've given them the reason to fight - AW's decision to pick and choose this season cost us - he picked the CL over the league, earlier he picked the league over the FA cup - each time it BACKFIRED.

Arsenal, as we all know, is a team of SEQUENCES - a WIN at the Emirates in the league tie would've revived momentum, but AW made the wrong call. Grant's call was excellent, tiredness or no tiredness, these boys were DETERMINED to play till death.

Nani WILL NOT smell that CL final if Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo are available - heck Giggs will play before him.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2008
Ferguson is yet to start his job on Nani. And I don't know why.

The guys was all over the Barcelona defence yesterday but didn't get a goal.

I believe he will play a very big part in the future of United.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ Nazzyon,

United is well equipped to beat Chelski on the 21st of May.

We can match em strength for strength. . . .skill for skill!!!!!
Ferguson should release the shackles on those boyz. . . .Let em screw Chelski from the blast of the whistle.
I saw the game against Chelsea on saturday and i dont believe Chelsea was better. . . . .I doubt they coulda beaten a full-strength Man Utd team.

Even after their phantom penalty. . . . It took Ashley Cole and Shevchenko to save their blushes by clearing OFF THE LINE.
No one cages Drogba better than Vidic. . . .Rio has improved and with the HOLY TRINITY featuring. . . . .Advantage United.
Lets just keep the big guns fresh for the encounter.

@ Debosky,

Negative!!!!!!!

Fatigue screwed Arsenal up BIG TIME. . . . . . Just take a look at Fabregas in the 1st 3 months and the debris we see these days.
Constant use of the same formation and the same personnel was what bleeped Arsenal up. . . . forget about momentum.
When players are fresh, they tend to have higher efficiency. . . . .Take a look at Messi(he looks branded). . . . .
Blimey. . . . see a fresh Paul Scholes last season after his double vision. . . . He looked like a new signing. . . Thats what freshness does.

Arsenal woulda won this league in March if the English league allows 6 weeks winter break like other leagues. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:20am On May 01, 2008
To a large extent, i agree fatigue wrecked Arsenal's season. Those boys are too young to go on and on playing over 40 matches with no rest. I regard that as child labour by AW. The boys were willing but the body was weak. I only hope he reinforces his team for next season bringing in experience coupled with the youth he already has.

Looking at Chelsea Man u match last saturday, i take a lot of positives cos, MU played without its best squad. Vidic did not play, Hargreaves played in an unfamiliar position, there was no Evra, Ronaldo and Tevez did not start, Rooney was Half-fit and still scored(imagine what a fit Rooney would have Done), Anderson just recovered from a knock. If MU could play with a calamitous Sylvester, makeshift Hargreaves, no Vidic, no Tevez, then the final will be a cracker.

If MU presents a full squad then i dont see Chelsea beating MU. A midfield with Hargreaves, Anderson, Scholes, Carrick, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Nani, and May be Giggs, then MU is on course for a 3rd champions league trophy.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 10:51am On May 01, 2008
@all Red Devils. .

Wats good. . .

Alot has happened . . .I think I've been away for tooooooooooo long. . .

The season is finally shaping up nicely. .
We'll battle Chelsea for both Home and European glory!!. .Beautiful climax to the season. . .

Now this is where the manager's mental strength comes into play. .
Every decision Fergie makes now would be very influential to the whole season result. .

Wes Ham, Wigan then Chelsea. . .
We need to be at our best on all three days. . .
We need to win all three games. . .
. .and with everyone knowing that the stakes are high, we'll get the job done. . .

PROUDLY UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 11:24am On May 01, 2008
Now that we know it's Chelsea we'll be meeting, I pray we have our full squad ready for that match.
Asides that, I don't know if I'm the only person that feels that Liverpool was robbed yesterday grin
That said, it's better we are having Chelsea.
Apart from the fact that we have some scores to settle, when we win the cup (be GOD's grace) some of our critics won't start saying Liverpool is easier to beat grin

@ Nazzyon
Trust me, you're not the only one that wants a re-match smiley

UNITED ALL THE WAY!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 11:48am On May 01, 2008
@ Dr Dre,

United is STRONGER than Chelsea but we need to get everyone back into the squad.
If we can get everyone(especially Rooney and Vidic) ready for the final then we should blow Chelsea away.
They are a dirty team always looking out to upset the team balance of their opponents.

These series of events cannot be coincidence. . . . .

Chelsea Vs Arsenal(Stamford Bridge). . . . . . . . . . . .Chelsea players deliberately injured Bacary Sagna(CHELSEA WON)
Chelsea Vs Man Utd(Stamford Bridge). . . . . . . . . . . . .Drogba intentionally knocked Vidic's tooth out(CHELSEA WON)
Chelsea Vs Liverpool(Stamford Bridge) last night . . . . Drogba got Skirtel injured to put Scouser's defence in disarray(CHELSEA WON)

All these things are the dirty tactics Chelsea players deployed when playing against the big 4.
Get one of the opponent's defender injured so the manager can be forced to abandon his original plot.
In Moscow, it will be a different kettle. . . . United will beat Chelsea silly.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2008
@Rikky

am beginning to wonder what ur problem is

are u blind to see those were innuendoes . . .how many times did I mention here that Manure would beat BARCA

U SERIOUSLY NEED TO BE DELIVERED cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mavtrevor(m): 3:20pm On May 01, 2008
[size=20pt]
Whatever it was, its 2 English teams in a CL final.
[/size]

This has shown Europe that football is really being played in England.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 3:42pm On May 01, 2008
Mc Omo:

@Rikky

am beginning to wonder what your problem is

are u blind to see those were innuendoes . . .how many times did I mention here that Manure would beat BARCA

You SERIOUSLY NEED TO BE DELIVERED cool

Don't you just take Jokes, banter, sarcasm no more? .

Kit, Its like i would stop replying your post cos you seem not to be getting it.

You know all this things are simply "Yeye" and you seem not to be taking it. Afterall, you called yourself Prophet Kitajinx in some posts,

If you no wan make we dey reply ourselves. . . . . . sad
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pahtahkee: 4:07pm On May 01, 2008
justkunmi:

Wes Ham, Wigan then Chelsea. . .
We need to be at our best on all three days. . .
We need to win all three games. . .
. .and with everyone knowing that the stakes are high, we'll get the job done. . .

PROUDLY UNITED

Are you a student of Ali Baba? Or why are you cracking jokes here? What job are you getting done? grin Since 6th of April, which and how many English teams have you beaten, aside from Arsenal? Go figure!!!

All your 3 last matches to any cup achievement are with English teams, you guys are finished! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 4:13pm On May 01, 2008
@ Pahtahkee,

United is stronger than the other English clubs.
Over the course of the season, United beat Liverpool(Home n Away), Chelsea(Home) and Arsenal(Home).
United notched the highest point in the HEAD TO HEAD games which is why i think United will beat Chelsea in the final.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pahtahkee: 4:24pm On May 01, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Pahtahkee,

United is stronger than the other English clubs.
Over the course of the season, United beat Liverpool(Home n Away), Chelsea(Home) and Arsenal(Home).
United notched the highest point in the HEAD TO HEAD games which is why i think United will beat Chelsea in the final.
grin grin
The more reason I never supported Liverpool for the finals of CL.

You think United will beat Chelsea. grin grin I was chatting with Akolawole this afternoon, he was telling me Grant has been working on luck, I cannot help but laugh. Chelsea has shown a great form of consistency and determination over time. . . . . United has been waivering, staggering and wobbling their way to where they are at the moment. Check the stats!

Every reasonable fan knows your game with Barca was based on the coward and silly mistake Barca made that evening, and their lazyness to rise back to the game and score just one single goal! tongue

Anyway, congrats for Forbes recognition. The Most Valuable team in the whole world! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 6:23pm On May 01, 2008
@ Pahtahkee,

What are u talking about?
If Riise didn't make a mistake of scoring an own goal, Liverpool coulda been in the final.
In other words, mistakes give the opposition an advantage to pull through. . . . . .

Barca made a mistake, United capitalised on it. . . . . .That shows Man Utd is tactically and technically better than the Catalans.
United stopped Barcelona(the best attacking side in Europe) from scoring a goal in 180 minutes of football . . Give Rio n goons the credits.
A team that cannot score for 3 hrs of football does not deserve to be in the final. . . . .Forget the pass-pass-pass policy of football.
Barcelona can be described as a rich man's Arsenal FC team. . . . Good footwork but no END PRODUCT!!!!

Chelsea will go down in Moscow. . . . .There's an air of inevitability about it.

THE KILLA SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pein(m): 6:46pm On May 01, 2008
anyone watching the uefa cup semis?bayern currently losin 0-3 to zenith st.petersburg!!
and that is the team some clown claims to be better than united?!where's the fishbrain dayokanu tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pein(m): 6:51pm On May 01, 2008
oh dear!!! zenith st.petersburg 4 - 0 bayern tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pein(m): 6:56pm On May 01, 2008
nah!!! still 3-0 grin Bayern tho lack any form of inspiration
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2008
@ Pein,

I am watching the game. . . . . I missed the entire 1st half but the 3rd goal from Zenit St Petersburg was a snashing header.
Bayern Munich was ripped apart by a brilliant wing play. . . .and this is a team a moronic mutt called Dayo says is better than Arsenal.
Without being boastful, i can authoritatively say Birmingham City will beat Bayern in 2 legs of European Football.

Bayern and Enyimba of Aba will be on the same wavelength.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 7:01pm On May 01, 2008
@ Pein,

FYI, It's now 4 goals. . . .

You need to see how the Zenit player went past Lahm like he wasn't even there.
He ran along the bye-line, delivered a low cross and their striker (POBREGBYNAK)just buried it in the bottom corner.
I have never seen anything like this in me life.
4-0 to Zenit St Petersburg. . . . . . . This is a show of shame from Bayern Munich.

Man Utd is heading to Moscow and St Peterburg is heading to Man City. grin cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pein(m): 7:02pm On May 01, 2008
4-0!! Now,and kahn's supposed 2 b a legend? first goal was a freekick,second was a crisp finish after a mazy run and d 4th , oh dear!! bayern av lst thier will
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pein(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2008
@jackal
they actually look like they'll get 5,dayokanu must be sleepin somewhere,bayern cnt evn gt 2 d final of d uefa cup,derby county will av a field day wit 'em grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 7:11pm On May 01, 2008
This is disgracing, where is Dayokanu? Hope he is watching.

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.