Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (501430 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2008
chamotex:

I would prefer not to buy anyone than waste £25 milli on Berba

Tottenham are actually asking for £35 milli, HOW RIDICULOUS!!!

35 milla on Berbatov??
I'd rather buy Rasheed Yekini for that price. tongue grin tongue

Fergie should get his cheque book out and sign the Hunter.
He wants to play at Old Trafford and follow in the footsteps of Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Huntelaar cannot be more than 15 million pounds.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2008
Hannibal:

35 milla on Berbatov??
I'd rather buy Rasheed Yekini for that price. tongue grin tongue

grin grin better still Emile Heskey or Dombraye
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by wormedup(m): 10:40am On Jul 14, 2008
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2008
@ Wormy

Very funny grin grin grin

Wes Brown, Gazza, and Aaron Ramsey . . . .Lol grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2008
@All
i dont know what you guys mean by SAF spending so much and Berba. . .Berba is 27 and the hunter u guys are talking about is 25. whats the difference 2 years?

Berba has been proven to be a goal scorer in the EPL, to me hunter will be a gamble. Berba will intimidate any opposition. hes the kind of striker defenders will treat with respect and believe me, hes gonna get 30 goals!!!!

@hannibal
now u know its Berba not Hunter. SAF knows what is good for United. Hunter may not strike it. I saw ajax game on saturday and my friend, a Berba will be a better option to me (personal opinion)

@Cristalz
was it Abedi Pele that told Ronaldo to say or the Brazilian Pele?
tot it was the latter
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by yemmight(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2008
tkb417:

@All
i don't know what you guys mean by SAF spending so much and BerbaBerba is 27 and the hunter u guys are talking about is 25. whats the difference 2 years?

Berba has been proven to be a goal scorer in the EPL, to me hunter will be a gamble. Berba will intimidate any opposition. hes the kind of striker defenders will treat with respect and believe me, hes going to get 30 goals!!!!

@hannibal
now u know its Berba not Hunter. SAF knows what is good for United. Hunter may not strike it. I saw ajax game on saturday and my friend, a Berba will be a better option to me (personal opinion)

@Cristalz
tot it was the latter

Agree totally with you on Berba. The news have it as I speak that we are close in sealing the deal. I will be glad if we scales thru. The guy will definitely get goals and probabbly lead the goal list this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2008
tkb417:

@hannibal
now u know its Berba not Hunter. SAF knows what is good for United. Hunter may not strike it. I saw ajax game on saturday and my friend, a Berba will be a better option to me (personal opinion).

I hope and pray this deal does not go through. angry angry angry angry
How can we flipping pay 28 million for Berbatov?? Is SAF spending some drug money here? undecided undecided undecided
This Bulgarian was bought 10 milla some few years ago and now SAF wanna cough a staggering 28 million quid??
It makes no economic sense at all cos in the next 2-3 years, he would decline and United would have to look for anutha striker.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2008
Hannibal:

How can we flipping pay 28 million for Berbatov?? Is SAF spending some drug money here? undecided undecided undecided
This Bulgarian was bought 10 milla some few years ago and now SAF want to cough a staggering 28 million quid??
It makes no economic sense at all because in the next 2-3 years, he would decline and United would have to look for anutha striker.

dont worry urself too much. I dont think it will happen (not for that price anyways)
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2008
tkb417:

@Cristalz
tot it was the latter

Abeg ma broda, Pele na Pele. Anyone will do grin grin

I think twaz the Brazillian one tho,my bad wink

I hear Ronaldo's gonna be out for 3 whole months.That's pretty long.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2008
chamotex:

don't worry yourself too much. I don't think it will happen (not for that price anyways)

Berbatov is the last player we need.
We are crying out for an out and out striker(the traditional centre-forward) a proper CF in the manner of RVN or even a fit Saha.
United do not need another withdrawn player like Wazza and Apache.
Whatz wrong with the decision makers at OT??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2008
Manchester United have agreed to pay Tottenham £28 million for Dimitar Bebatov, who have set aside £17 million of that fee to sign Blackburn's David Bentley in a move that could spark a transfer domino effect.

Dimitar Berbatov - Manchester United agree £28 million Dimitar Berbatov fee as Tottenham close on David Bentley
Heading north: Dimitar Berbatov is on his way to Manchester United

Tottenham had been warned by United that they would be not be held to ransom in their pursuit to sign Berbatov, after they had an initial £20 million approach rebuffed over the weekend, setting a maximum limit of £25 million on the Bulgarian striker.

But reports suggest that both clubs have since reached a comprise for £2 million less than the original £30 million asking price Spurs had demanded for the player, who has scored 27 goals in the Premier League since his arrival from German side Bayer Leverkusen two years ago.

United want to pay Tottenham a fee of £18 million up front with the rest of the transfer payable after success-related clauses and appearances, similar to the arrangement they struck with the north London club for Michael Carrick in 2006.

Berbatov, 27, has made no secret of his desire to move to the champions in past and his agent Emil Danchev confirmed: "Manchester United have expressed interest in Berbatov but I cannot comment on the issue further."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/07/14/ufnbentley214.xml

I think we have been ripped off again.£28m for a 27 year old is crazy money.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2008
4 Play:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/07/14/ufnbentley214.xml

I think we have been ripped off again.£28m for a 27 year old is crazy money.

thats just pure newspaper speculation, this was the same paper that said Ronaldo would be a Real player by 7th of July!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bobbyL(m): 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2008
it was d brazilian pele dat advised CR7 to see out his contract at man u
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2008
chamotex:

thats just pure newspaper speculation, this was the same paper that said Ronaldo would be a Real player by 7th of July!!!!

I hope so!!!

With that kinda money, we can get Huntelaar and Aguero.
Who needs a sulking Berbatov at 28 milla??
The best we can cough for him is 15-20 mil. . . . . .Juande Ramos should take that or bugger off!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Pataki: 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2008
Hannibal:

This Bulgarian was bought 10 milla some few years ago and now SAF want to cough a staggering 28 million quid??
It makes no economic sense at all because in the next 2-3 years, he would decline and United would have to look for anutha striker.

You amaze me at times. Is ManU interested in money now more than the productivity of delivering when it is needed?

What is your point of not spending money on Berba if he has the capacity to deliver when it is necessary?

Agreed he was bought for 10 milla some years back, do you expect him to depreciate or appreciate grin

Not that I care anyway. . . . . undecided grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2008
Pataki:

You amaze me at times. Is ManU interested in money now more than the productivity of delivering when it is needed?

What is your point of not spending money on Berba if he has the capacity to deliver when it is necessary?

Agreed he was bought for 10 milla some years back, do you expect him to depreciate or appreciate grin

Not that I care anyway. . . . . undecided grin

A resounding YES to your first statement. . . .
United have a huge debt to pay plus Tevez's loan contract is yet to be converted to a permanent contract.

Berbatov will be a surplus to requirement. . . . . .We already have Rooney and Tevez who are withdrawn strikers. Why add anutha one?
United should be looking at an out n out striker in the mould of Torres, Ruud and Huntelaar.

Fergie paid a shocking 18 million for Carrick 2 years ago . . . .The good news from a Utd perspective is that evil negotiating genius Paul Kemsley is no longer on the board at Spurs (fans of his 'bad cop' interviewing style on The Apprentice will know what I mean).

It was Kemsley who was responsible for mugging David Gill with that preposterous £18.6m fee for Michael Carrick. The moral of the story is never, ever let a posh chartered accountant (Gill) negotiate with a self-made, streetwise hustler (Kemsley).
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by xsay(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2008
i beg make ona tell Sir make he leave Berba for us
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2008
Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney . . all the same to me. .
The Tevez-Rooney partnership success last season was to me made possible because of the presence of Ronaldo, throwing up the surprise element. .
Now with Berba, all our strikers would be withdrawn. , all working hard to create goals. .
Or except Fergie intends turning Berba into a poacher, which I don't think is possible. .

PS.  whats happening to Saha? Is he still with us for next season?
and is Manucho. .

so it seems we'ld be having Tevez, Rooney, Saha, Berba and Manucho. . ..
how feasible?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2008
@J-K
Saha will leave. . .Manucho is injured.
did u say SAF will turn Berba to a goal poacher? he's always been a goal poacher. hes simply just like Torres that can support or lead an attack

@hannibal
Berba is not old and can still deliver 4 years of good soccer. How old is Asharvin? hes 27 and everybody is running after him. did u say 28 milla can buy Aguero and Hunter? u must be kidding me
Hunter will go for 20 and Aguero will go for a lot more. presently, the release clause on Aguero is 55million euros. Now, money talks. . . i think ill agree with u that paying 28 million for Berba is just on a high side but what do u expect?
We are dealing with Spurs!!! thats a team that is hoping to break into the top 4 and now the best team in the land wants their most prized asset and u want him to go cheaply? NO NO NO
Remember what happened when we wanted carrick? 18 million after so much wahala!!!

anyway, my choice has always been Aguero. hes one of the best young strikers in the world. hes just 20.
Getting Aguero will make a whole lotta sence but i doubt if that guy will come.
Even if he comes, im sure he will misbehave like CR7 and demand to be released to Madrid later on
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2008
@ tkb 417,

Aguero's buy-out clause is only effective in Spain. It does not affect English clubs.
However, he is not what Man Utd need . . . .we need the traditional centre forward in the mould of Torres, Huntelaar and Batistuta.
Aguero is anutha Tevez, Rooney and Berba. . . . They prefer playing just behind a striker.
What Fergie needs is someone that becomes the focal point when games are tight . . . A Santa Cruz type of player to knock balls to.

In ma opinion, Berba will age in the next 2-3 years thus making him redundant.
Are u saying we should fork out anutha 30 million in 2 years when Berba ages?? Why not get someone younger?
Hunter is in the same age group as Wazza, Apahe, Ronaldo and Manucho. . . They will grow up and play together for anutha 5 years.
Young players r prefered in the attack department. . . medium-aged in the midfield and the old n experienced(Rio + VDS) in the defence/goalie.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2008
I love Berbatov. I'll love to have him in our squad but I'll really love
to have a poacher as well.

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2008
Obviously SAF is less concerned with when Berba's productivity declines. The gaffer wants immediate results and since Berba can guarantee him at least 20goals in a season then he is ok.

SAF may quit OT in about two or three yrs time and whatever happens to berbatov becomes less of his concern.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 12:25am On Jul 16, 2008
ndumart:

Obviously SAF is less concerned with when Berba's productivity declines. The gaffer wants immediate results and since Berba can guarantee him at least 20goals in a season then he is ok.

SAF may quit OT in about two or three years time and whatever happens to berbatov becomes less of his concern.

FAUX!!!!!!

First all, Fergie loves United with all his heart. . . . . . . .
There's no guarantee SAF would leave OT in the next 2-3 years. . . . .This is not the 1st time he would announce his retirement.
With CQ gone now. . . . .that might extend Fergie's stay by anutha 4-5 years to allow 2nd in command to bed in.

Unfortunately, the guy i would have loved to take over from Fergie. . . Vicente Del Bosque has just been appointed as Spain's national manager.
Marcello Lippi, anyone??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrKitaun(m): 12:47am On Jul 16, 2008
@Hannibal

why all this talk about the long-term

what was Larsson bought for then ? was it for the long term ?

was the pay worth it ? did he justify it ?

I am not saying Berba aint good y'all . . .but Berba is a lazy player and the frenetic pace at which Arsenal or Manure plays isnt his kind of game !

yes HE IS VERY CLEVER but one also has to consider how a blend can be achieved in consonance with other players cool who go wan dey work make baboon dey chop grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 1:23am On Jul 16, 2008
@ Dr Kitaun,

Henrik Larsson was a loan deal. . . . . . .We didn't pay 28 million odd pounds to sign him.
Tevez's deal is yet to be tied. . . . .huge debt is hanging which United must manage well or we face a huge crisis.
The effect of this senseless transfer deal tells us on fans. . . . . .I must renew ma membership again next month(it has been increased).
Matchday programmes. . . . . . . matchday tickets(2-3 matches) i watch every season too plus football shirts/merchandise.

The increment is beginning to take it's toll on me. . . . . .Fergie must buy Huntelaar instead.
It makes more economic sense than old and lazy Berbatov.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 1:32am On Jul 16, 2008
How can a 27 year old player entering his prime be old and lazy?

Berba is the man for y'all, and Fergie will fork out whatever Spurs ask because that is the man he wants and will likely be the only transfer of the season, since Gazza seems to be back on his feet now. They robbed y'all for Carrick and will do the same this time.

I wonder who will sulk more - Ronaldo or Berba? grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 1:36am On Jul 16, 2008
Tottenham is asking for 35 million now.
I would personally have Fergie's head on ma cross-wire if he pays such ridiculous amount for Berbatov!!!
Whatz so special about Berbatov. . . . . .I'd rather we sign Alves of Middlesboro or Roque Santa Cruz.

Berbatov is the laziest player i know.
Imagine Tevez and Wazza working their socks off to nick the ball with Berbatov just strolling back from the offside position.
He just doesn't fit United's kinda play of quick counter-attack and he does not offer much aerially!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 1:40am On Jul 16, 2008
Alves? What is his pedigree in England? little or nothing

Everyone is raving over Santa Cruz now, but the man has probably had his first injury free season of his life; I can wager he will get crocked as he used to at Bayern from this new season, you would simply be adding another Saha to your team. tongue

Berba simply needs an iron hand to motivate him properly. I trust Fergie to get that nonsense out of his head and make him work hard. He is your man.

What do you mean he doesn't play quick counter attacking footie?? Did you watch the CC semifinal against Arsenal?? Berba, Lennon and Keane tore Arsenal apart with speed, quick thinking and sharp shooting - it all depends on the coach. The slow and languid Berba is of the Jol era, the Ramos model is much better. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 1:58am On Jul 16, 2008
debosky:

Alves? What is his pedigree in England? little or nothing

What was Van Nistelrooy's pedigree in the EPL? U can add Torres and Zarate to that group too.

Everyone is raving over Santa Cruz now, but the man has probably had his first injury free season of his life; I can wager he will get crocked as he used to at Bayern from this new season, you would simply be adding another Saha to your team. tongue

I have known Santa Cruz since Nigeria 99. . . . . . . .He is a very good player.

Berba simply needs an iron hand to motivate him properly. I trust Fergie to get that nonsense out of his head and make him work hard. He is your man.

Fergie is now old. . . . .The hairdryer treatment is getting ineffective.
CQ is now off so Fergie won't have all the time n space to do the job of a SHRINK while monitoring Nani/Anderson's whores in Cheshire.

What do you mean he doesn't play quick counter attacking footie?? Did you watch the CC semifinal against Arsenal?? Berba, Lennon and Keane tore Arsenal apart with speed, quick thinking and sharp shooting - it all depends on the coach. The slow and languid Berba is of the Jol era, the Ramos model is much better. cool

Arsenal is not a quality team anyways. . . . . . .That same team was beaten by the BIG 3 in the season.
Liverpool(UCL), Man Utd(EPL and FA) and Chelsea(EPL).
Don't use Berba's performance against the Gaynners to prove his worth . . . . .what was his performance against United?? tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 2:07am On Jul 16, 2008
hehehehe. . . . .Alves, you have been chopping at the bit over this chap since he scored 7 goals in a match in the Eredivise.

The guy is the epitome of the 'football age' malaise.

Santa Cruz however looked quality last season. I had watched him at Bayern, and didn't impress me much.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 2:12am On Jul 16, 2008
@ Doyin13,

Afonso Alves is good. . . . . . .He is top draw.
Draft that kinda player to United with Tevez and Rooney in the attack and with slide rule passes from Carrick/Anderson then u would marvel.
He's got the deft touch but when u play amongst retards . . . . . . . . The potency gets diminished.

Torres wasn't exactly a ball of fire in Athletico Madrid. . . . .Etoo was half potent at Mallorca but he loved scoring against Madrid!!!
Team quality is the determinant here. . . . .The kinda passes n space Man Utd players would create is the KEY.
I'd rather have Alves at 15 million than Berba @ 30 milla.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrKitaun(m): 2:20am On Jul 16, 2008
doyin13:

hehehehe. . . . .Alves, you have been chopping at the bit over this chap since he scored 7 goals in a match in the Eredivise.

The guy is the epitome of the 'football age' malaise.

Santa Cruz however looked quality last season. I had watched him at Bayern, and didn't impress me much.

I wonder what they see in this Cruz that couldnt perform in BAYERN to save his life  undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.