Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Wearing Black To A Wedding. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wearing Black To A Wedding. (2356 Views)

Girl Incredibly Transforms From Black To White (before & After Pics) / Male Beautician Who Transformed From Black To White (Photos) / David Mark Wearing Black Attire On Nigeria's Glorious Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wearing Black To A Wedding. by origina9ja(f): 9:28am On Sep 24, 2008
So, what are the do's and don't of wedding etiquette? Does the colour of the outfit matter?

The popular comedian, JULIUS AGWU, who got married not too long ago, had many celebrities in attendance at his wedding, among which were GENEVIEVE NNAJI and RITA DOMINIC and coincidentally, both ladies wore black.

Genevieve Nnaji was given an almost free passs, while Rita Dominic, had to suffer abuse at the hands of the public. So what was the reason behind the differing attitude towards the ladies?Was it their looks, mien, star status or what.Let's hear it.
Below- The ladies with the outfits that caused a ruckus

Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by dada22(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2008
Jenny's dress looks stylishly designd,

Rita's looks like mourners' dress, maybe da cause of d uproar y'knw
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by Raymond88(m): 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2008
Ok i don't know much about female fashion but DAMN!! if someone wore that crap to MY wedding? they'd be out! celeb or not. . . .
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by tope2000(f): 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2008
jenny looks ugly n old in that pic
sorry!
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by iice(f): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2008
Because black is usually worn for funerals undecided
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by origina9ja(f): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2008
thanks yo
but i dont think its matter undecided
cheesy genny looks ugly
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by mafolayomi(f): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2008
Rita really look like a mourner. Imagine, no ear ring, no necklace
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 01, 2008
mafolayomi:

Rita really look like a mourner. Imagine, no ear ring, no necklace
she look like she's going
for a funeral or something undecided
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by sophienwa(f): 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2008
genny looks proper glamed up and bright even though she is in black but rita looks dull; dull make up,no necklace,ear rings, nothing and the way she tied her scarf is a no no, haba, i think she was on her way from a funeral and decided to branch @ the wedding.
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by Moyola(f): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2008
rokiatu:

she look like she's going
for a funeral or something undecided

Perhaps she was returning from a funeral nd decided to drop by to grace the occassion. cheesy
. . . abi? undecided

tope2000:

jenny looks ugly n old in that pic
sorry!

sort of yeah!!

is not evrytime ppl look pritie undecided
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by HRhotness(f): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2008
The most important unspoken rule in dressing up for a wedding is avoid wearing white at all costs. . . There r different ways of wearing black. . .

I wore black to a wedding on saturday and i looked nothing like mourner. . . accessories and style plays a big role
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by Moyola(f): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

The most important unspoken rule in dressing up for a wedding is avoid wearing white at all costs. . . There r different ways of wearing black. . .

I wore black to a wedding on saturday and i looked nothing like mourner. . . accessories and style plays a big role

True!!

sophienwa:

genny looks proper glamed up and bright even though she is in black

Unlike Rita. . .
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by Gamine(f): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2008
Rita does look like shes headed for the cementary

But Genny does it well and with a brilliant smile
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by spikedcylinder: 10:00am On Oct 03, 2008
Rita recently lost her dad. . . . .she at least has an excuse. What's Genny's? undecided
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by dammizz(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2008
Gen's wearing of that sort of dress is about elegance, but Rita, who knws where she was coming from.
She might actually have a reason for dressing like that
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by origina9ja(f): 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2008
black is 1 of the popular colour you could imagine
so does it really make much of a different
atleaste it better than wearing white 2 sum1 wedding
before they confuse me with the bride
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by Afribiz(f): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2008
Is that truly Genevieve? Meeeeeeeeen!!! she has added some weight, looks old and ugly grin. The hair style didn't pay off at all. However, her black dress is simply elegant.

Rita on the other hand looks sad and bereaved. Was that photo actually taken at Julius wedding, or at a burial? I trust my Rita when it comes to dressing. She couldn't have worn that outfit to a wedding. @ Poster, could you please post a group picture of Rita with the couple, just as you did with Genny. I'll like to have a full glimpse of the whole attire.lol cheesy

Back to the question, i see nothing wrong in wearing a black clothe to a wedding, just make sure that your shoes, handbag, headgear and other accessories are not all black.
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by spikedcylinder: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2008
Afribiz:

Is that truly Genevieve? Meeeeeeeeen!!! she has added some weight, looks old and ugly grin. The hair style didn't pay off at all. However, her black dress is simply elegant.

Rita on the other hand looks sad and bereaved. Was that photo actually taken on Julius wedding, or on a burial? I trust my Rita when it comes to dressing. She couldn't have worn that outfit to a wedding. @ poster, could you please post a group picture of Rita with the couple, just as you did with Genny. I'll like to have a full glimpse of the whole attire.lol cheesy

Rita took that photo at Julius' wedding so. . . . undecided
Genny hasn't added weight, if anything, she has lost tons of it. That picture just doesn't seem right, if you look at other photos of her, you will see that she has lost a great deal of weight.
Lets call a spade a spade and stop attaching sentimentality into things. undecided
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by benincitys(f): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2008
they both look ok.
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by Afribiz(f): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Rita took that photo at Julius' wedding so. . . . undecided
Genny hasn't added weight, if anything, she has lost tons of it. That picture just doesn't seem right, if you look at other photos of her, you will see that she has lost a great deal of weight.
Lets call a spade a spade and stop attaching sentimentality into things. undecided

I made my comments based on the posted pictures. Ain't other photos of her added here. Wonder where the sentiments are coming from  grin grin
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by clemcykul(f): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
@poster
lol genny and rita might be preparing for the death of the marriage so that they can take the bride"s place,

they both look worn out and unpresentable in their mourning black attires cool
i wish julius agwu walked them out of the occasion
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by spikedcylinder: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2008
Afribiz:

I made my comments based on the posted pictures. Ain't other photos of her added here. Wonder where the sentiments are coming from  grin grin

Afribiz:

Rita on the other hand looks sad and bereaved. Was that photo actually taken at Julius wedding, or at a burial? [b]I trust my Rita [/b]when it comes to dressing. She couldn't have worn that outfit to a wedding. @ Poster, could you please post a group picture of Rita with the couple, just as you did with Genny. I'll like to have a full glimpse of the whole attire.lol cheesy

Back to the question, i see nothing wrong in wearing a black clothe to a wedding, just make sure that your shoes, handbag, headgear and other accessories are not all black.

Check the highlighted. wink cheesy
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by origina9ja(f): 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2008
Afribiz:

Rita on the other hand looks sad and bereaved. Was that photo actually taken at Julius wedding, or at a burial? I trust my Rita when it comes to dressing. She couldn't have worn that outfit to a wedding. @ Poster, could you please post a group picture of Rita with the couple, just as you did with Genny. I'll like to have a full glimpse of the whole attire.lol cheesy

#okay
when i get the pic
i would post it.
clemcykul:

@poster
lol genny and rita might be preparing for the death of the marriage so that they can take the bride"s place,

shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol still cant see the problem in wearing black
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by Afribiz(f): 11:07am On Dec 17, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Check the highlighted. wink cheesy

Everyone that knows Rita (at least in the movies) will surely believe that her dress sense is superb. I was therefore  undecided as to why she had to dress that way to such an occasion. It was quite unlike her, even if she had to wear those black outfit, what happened to her jewelries, and the heavy make up she's known for? I was only trying not to believe all was well with her.

clemcykul:

@poster

ROFLMAO!

origina9ja:

#okay
when i get the pic
i would post it.

Thanx, please do. cheesy
Re: Wearing Black To A Wedding. by origina9ja(f): 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2008
Afribiz:

Everyone that knows Rita (at least in the movies) will surely believe that her dress sense is superb. I was therefore  undecided as to why she had to dress that way to such an occasion. It was quite unlike her, even if she had to wear those black outfit, what happened to her jewelries, and the heavy make up she's known for? I was only trying not to believe all was well with her.

lol wat do u call the 1 on her face right there
make downundecided

(1) (Reply)

What Makeup Can You Not Live Without? / 16-year Old Lovelyn Enebechi Wins Germany’s Next Top Model 2013 {PHOTOS} / Benefits Of Being Dark Skinned And African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.