Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

The Reliability Of Mazdas - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Reliability Of Mazdas (8137 Views)

Man Smashes His £100,000 BMW M6 In Protest About Car’s Reliability / Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL / Reliability Of Mercedes Benz C240/c320 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reliability Of Mazdas by winnipeg(m): 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2008
Hello All,

I have a question for those with insight on the mechanical aspects of motor vehicles and anyone who owns or has owned a Mazda. I am in the process of buying a used vehicle and would like to know what your views are on the reliability of Mazdas; in my case, the Mazda 3. From my research the Honda civic is king in the compact car category and should be the obvious choice but alas it lies beyond my price range hence my interest in the Mazda 3 (also, the Protege was given favourable reviews from owners I know).

My areas of concern include their ability to hold up to hard driving conditions, the rate at which problems with the engine, transmission, etc are experienced and any other issues of this sort.

Thank you all for your input and I look foward to reading your responses.
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 10:19pm On Sep 25, 2008
Hi winnipeg man,

Hope is not too cold there, well, based on my own view, might not be genuine, but as far as I know, Mazda aint bad, but not cool, when buying a car u want to ask urself some basic questions, (1). Are u buying to own for a while like 3yrs, if so, U wanna look at the resale value at the end of the day, remember if u buy something 2003 and use it for 3yrs, it will be 8yrs old, and u know how yrs matter, (2). Are u buyin to use for awhile and sell, if that's the case, Mazda no be am, cos, the resale value is ridiculous and u dont wanna go that road, so, if ur budget cant take a Civic, think twice on Mazda, engine not bad, tranny, I've heard any issues about it, just that dem resale value get K-leg, thats me view me person,

1 Like

Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by promise72(m): 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2008
If i understand your question well. i will say get a corrola (as per withstanding hard driving condition). Honda however gets better miles per petrol tank. Withstanding hard driving condition? im not sure
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by winnipeg(m): 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2008
Thank You Siga and Promise72 for the replies.

With regard to usage, I intend to use it for a duration of four years before selling it off. I have been looking at the 05 Mazda 3s so in four years time, it would have been on the road for about seven years. Given that the average yearly mileage for a car is 20,000 km, it would have amassed a total mileage of 140,000 km +/- 20,000 when I'm done with it. So is the resale value for mazdas so ridiculous that a seven year old mazda would sell less than a seven year old car in the same class such as a toyota corolla?

@Siga
Winnipeg's currently behaving with the weather. In fact on last check, it was a balmy 22oC
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 12:00am On Sep 26, 2008
Cool, my younger bro dey U of Manitoba, plus i get some family friends there, going by ur last posting, for real my guy, the resale value goes way lower than the rest man, so, think twice about it,
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by winnipeg(m): 4:28am On Sep 26, 2008
Thanks again Siga.

Uof M is a fine institution. Your brother is getting a quality education.

Per the topic, I was just looking at JD powers' dependability ranking and the Mazda3 is pretty poor on the 'powertrain dependability'. So I guess at the end of the day, I should hold out for a few more months to save enough for a civic.

On a side note, why does the site change individual [size=15pt]uu[/size][/i]s to [i][size=15pt]You[/size]?
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 4:31am On Sep 26, 2008
Hey Winni;

See wat i mean, u cant go wrong with the civic, try save more and get the best car that would giv u rest of mind, let me know if u wish to pick up the car in Tdot, i deal in Tdot,
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by winnipeg(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2008
Forgive the late reply Siga, was caught up in a few things. Where exactly would Tdot be?
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2008
Toronto man, lol
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Fhemmmy: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2008
So far no major problems with it that i have heard about, however the few that i have come across are as follows:

1. Poor gas mileage
2. expensive parts when compared to Honda & Toyota
3. Rear brakes competley worn out at 61,000 kms (which mazda was surprised that they even lasted that long )
4. week AC
5. Brake pedal & gas pedal too close to one another
6. Can't handle Sunoco gas due to the type of Ethonal in their gas.
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2008
hey man, how come u conderm Sunoco gas like that, if dem catch u?
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2008
hey man, how come u condemn Sunoco gas like that, if them catch u
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Fhemmmy: 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2008
Siga:

Toronto man, lol

Where in T.O are you at, West End, east end, North York, East York? which area?
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by winnipeg(m): 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2008
Tdot lol, I need to listen to more of Kardinal Offishall`s music  smiley

Thanks Fhemmmy for the reply. Points 1 and 3 are good reasons to be concerned.
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2008
Oboy, na North York i dey oooo,
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Fhemmmy: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2008
Siga:

Oboy, na North York i dey oooo,

Then we could do lunch one day at Bee's Place, but she cooks with too much pepper.
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2008
Bee's, omo me no sabi all that one oooo, i no too dey eat out, i beg by where Bee's place dey?
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Fhemmmy: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2008
Siga:

Bee's, omo me no sabi all that one oooo, i no too dey eat out, i beg by where Bee's place dey?

Jane and Wilson area.
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2008
Sounds familiar, how about Stewag by Jane and Eddystone, there i sabi well
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Fhemmmy: 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2008
Siga:

Sounds familiar, how about Stewag by Jane and Eddystone, there i sabi well

know that one well too, my accountant used to be in that area, be4 he got bursted, are you into car business as well?
What do you do in T.O?
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2008
Yea, i dey do car biz on the side, im into IT, and u?
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Sep 30, 2008
send me ur number via mail and tell me ur real name in it as well

Fhemmmy@gmail.com
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Siga: 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2008
I don mail u,
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Fhemmmy: 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2008
Replied as well.
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by evastans: 2:02am On Jun 23, 2012
dear brother , pray that God bless u , enrich u . 4get about one car is good or not good .all cars are good depend how u maintain it, and ur mechanic , and always be very care full when buying parts . go for the original one. Nigerian mechanic when are u people going to improve , all what u good on its Toyota and Honda, are they only car in the world. and they are not the best product. it only in Nigeria where our mechanic are not ready to improve on their profession.

3 Likes

Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by Lisa1: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2012
BUMPS
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by timbros(m): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2012
2008 post making front page? What is getting into these mods sef?
#smh
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by gulfer: 8:15am On Jun 23, 2012
timbros: 2008 post making front page? What is getting into these mods sef?
#smh
The mods are right to promote the thread, if you are a regular you'l have observed others from evne later making the front page and it is because they are helpful threads that can enlighten people irrespective of date of creation. If you got knowledge about the car in discussion, your comments are welcome.
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by quazim(m): 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2012
Can som1 advise me:my Agent is advising me 2 buy one of dis new MAZDA wagon model but I stays in d north wher over 80% of d vehicles use are Toyota&Honda.I hardly come across mazda,Nissan,mitsubishi. Pls,I need ur advise
Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by godssonibk: 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2012
Nigeria mech are the worse i have ever see, they are lazy and they are not ready to improve..They make stopped a lot of Nigerians to have that super cars they want..They lack skill and technical know how, they only want Toyota nothing more..I was lucky enough to live almost a year in Moscow, my brother you will never see a toyota/honda on the street, people dont buy them here because the are too empty..Mazda, Nissan are more popular her than any other Japanese car..Learn how to try new stuff

3 Likes

Re: The Reliability Of Mazdas by ADEOPE: 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2012
i bought my MAZDA 626 in 2008 and since then i have been enjoying the car, in fact i am planinig to buy mazda jeep now.
May God help me.(amen)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? / AC Causing Over Heating / I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.