Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Interesting Statistics From Jamb. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interesting Statistics From Jamb. (3680 Views)

State-by-state PVC Collection Statistics From INEC. (pics).. / Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 / Nigerian Presidents: Some Useful Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Statistics From Jamb. by Bialegend(m): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2006
Some misguilded Igbo wannabe element once said that Igbos send their children into trade instead of sending them to school. Some other elements popped up in numbers to support and insinuated that the south west is the most educated region in the country. I wonder why JAMB statistics has been consistent for decades refuting this imaginations/dreams of some people. By the way, where do all the youths in the north hide I can't find them. Where are the Hausas and why do education "suck"in their land??.

JAMB Cancels 108,769 Results
Kolawole Daniel, Abuja - 08.07.2006

THE Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has cancelled the results of 108,769 candidates out of 806,089 who sat for this year’s Universities Matriculation Examination (UME) for engaging in examination malpractice.

A 38-year-old, Mr. Lymangee Agirafo, Benue State, headed this year’s list with an aggregate score of 330, while Mr. Ade Maliki, 46, from Kogi State with an aggregate score of 324 was also among the top ten.

Briefing newsmen in Abuja, JAMB Registrar, Professor Bello Salim, said it was quite unfortunate to note that the board was being forced to cancel many results because of large scale irregularity and malpractice discovered during the processing of the results.

Professor Salim also put the number of candidates whose scripts were unscannable at 7,430 due to multiple shading; incomplete shading, incorrect shading and leaving the scripts blank.

“This is quite unhealthy for the education sector and the board will continue to de-recognise examination towns and centres where wholesale malpractices were discovered,” he said.

The JAMB board registrar also announced that it has delisted about 1,700 examination towns where malpractice were perpetrated.

The analysis also showed six states who had the highest number of applications this year with Imo State topping the list with 83,895 applications, Edo State with 57,754, Anambra State with 57,607, Delta State with 54,522, Abia State with 39,054 and Akwa Ibom State with 36,054.
Re: Interesting Statistics From Jamb. by dearie(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2006
Hmmm, I'm suprised at the age of the top scorer. Well, congrats guy.
Re: Interesting Statistics From Jamb. by Jalal(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2006
Well the northern states did well this year.
I personally checked the results of over 30 candidates none got lower than 200.
Congrats!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Interesting Statistics From Jamb. by ICEMAN(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2006
90% of students who sit for JAMB engage in one form of malpractice or the other.

The ones who had their results cancelled this year were the sacrificial lambs.

I wonder why JAMB keeps trying to deceive Nigerians. The rate of malpractice is alarming. Even top JAMB officials are involved! They should give us the real statistics of those who were ivolved in malpractices!

I personally think JAMB should be scrapped. It only worsens the already messed up educational system in Nigeria.
Re: Interesting Statistics From Jamb. by azorjiu(m): 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2006
Bialegend,

don't be bothered about what people say about your/our people being drop-outs. Do what you are supposed to do and forget what others say. A better indicator of enrolment over the years is on http://www.jambng.com/app_ume2001.php. Select the year on the down page and view the number of applicants. JAMB should update the details to 2005.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State May Lose $25 Million HiTV Investment? / Bankole, The Sin Bearer - Sam Omatseye / Is Oil Really That Important To Our Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.