Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

RAMADAN ENDS - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / RAMADAN ENDS (993 Views)

The Battle Between Us And Shaytan Never Ends, Not Untill We Die. / Does “the Ends Justify The Means” ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RAMADAN ENDS by DeepZone: 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2008
NSCIA asks Muslims to look out for new moon

By Agency Reporter

The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs has directed Muslims to look out for the new moon of Shawwal on Sunday

NSCIA Secretary General, Dr. Abdul-Lateef Adegbite, said in a statement on Thursday in Abuja that a report should be made to the appropriate authorities once the moon was sighted.

Adegbite said the directive was in line with the tradition of the holy Prophet Muhammad which made it mandatory for Muslims to begin and end the fast only after sighting the new moon.

“Prophet Muhammad is reported to have instructed the Muslims as follows:`Do not fast unless you see the crescent of Ramadan and do not give up fasting till you see the crescent of Shawwal.’

“But if the sky is overcast, count 30 days of Sha‘aban or Ramadan as the case may be,‘‘ he said.

He said the authorities would verify the information on the sighting of the moon before informing the Sultan who is also NSCIA President General.

“Where the authorities are satisfied that the new moon has been sighted in accordance with the prescribed procedure, the Sultan and President will be informed at once for formal announcement of the termination of the Ramadan fast.

“This will lead to the observance of Eid-el-Fitr prayer the following day, that is Monday, September 29,‘‘ Adegbite said.

He added that in the event of the moon not sighted on Sunday, the Eid-el-Fitr prayer shall be observed on Tuesday, September 30.

He urged individuals with information on the sighting of the moon to contact the Sultan on 08036470422; the Shehu of Borno on 076-236809; Adegbite on 08029678580, and the Emir of Gwandu on 068320502

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/26/403.html
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by DeepZone: 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2008
Are they gonna pay a christian if he/she finds the moon first?
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by olabowale(m): 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2008
i wo omode yi feron owo ju. haba. omo yoruba. lol.
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by Nimshi: 11:53pm On Sep 26, 2008
DeepZone:

Are they going to pay a christian if he/she finds the moon first?

Lol. Very funny.

But, frankly, it'll be interesting to hear the response of either the Sultan or the Shehu of Borno, the Emir of Gwandu, or Adegbite for a cash reward. Dr. Adegbite's reaction will perhaps be priceless. tongue

Re: RAMADAN ENDS by tpia: 5:18pm On Sep 27, 2008
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by ayinba1(f): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2008
@tpia

After all that touching by spirit of Jesus, this is a way too vehement a response to what olabowale posted!

Easy!
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by joshjosh(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2008
DeepZone:
  Are they going to pay a christian if he/she finds the moon first? 

[b]agent provocateur per exexcellence[/b] you are a one woman one off nightmare.  it is funny how your mind work sometimes,
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by tpia: 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2008
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by ayinba1(f): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2008
@tpia,

You are right! I must have mistook /mistaken (grammar) for someone else. Apologies wink
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by Mustay(m): 11:25pm On Sep 28, 2008
The moon has been sighted

According to the Sultan at around 10.55pm tonight on Nigeria Television Authority(NTA), he had reliable sources from Sokoto, Zamfara, Kaduna, Niger  states etc to confirm that the moon has been sighted; therefore ramadan has ended.

He enjoined muslims to welcome the month of Shawwal tommorow(29-Sep-2008) by celebrating the Eid-el-fitr.

Salam alaykun.
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by DeepZone: 5:59am On Sep 29, 2008
Is there any chance that those that sighted the moon might fabricate it just to end the hunger strike? What about muslims in America like Olabowale where the moon is yet to be seen, will they continue their fasting pending on when the moon appears or will they join Nigerians in celebrating the end of hunger strike?
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by olabowale(m): 8:39am On Sep 29, 2008
@Tpia: « #4 on: September 27, 2008, 05:18 PM » (SHUP UP ALICE!).

Quote from: olabowale on September 26, 2008, 10:56 PM
i wo omode yi feron owo ju. haba. omo yoruba. lol.

In case you don't know me by now, I tend to jump on the backs of arrant and ignorant tribalists who lack the common sense required for decent conversation.

Kindly minimize your blatantly rude and ill mannered statements regarding tribe. Deepzone does not represent the entire Yoruba tribe, so whats with your ill mannered statement here? Are you afraid to face her directly?

yesterday it was Yorubas lack self restraint. Today its something else.

I don't know the kind of Yorubas or the type of people you mix with, but go easy with your generalizations.

if you have lingering problems with one of your Yoruba wives, then no need to blame the entire Yoruba race on account of your issues. You receive persistent disdain from Yoruba women- so what? face elsewhere and move on with your life.

Are you more Yoruba than me? You more Yoruba family members than me? You lived longer as a Yoruba person than me? Is your ID on Nairaland clearly identifies you as a Yoruba, whereby doesnnt identify me as a yoruba man? Each of these question have the same answer. The answer is no! Get it my id on nairaland is Olabowale, clearly a Yoruba name. You are tpia which can never be a traditional Yoruba name. Stop acting silly.

so annoying. Just because some other tribe pitied your behind and gave you face, person no go hear word again.

If you want to go this route I'm more than ready to travel it with you. If someone makes similar comments about your Muslim tribe, you'll be all up in here crying and weeping

I wo omo yi ma ri mi fin o. Egbe ishu ko ni yon o. Ai lora Ogongo ki she pe kaa fi we ta digberen ku! You should have something tangible to say before talking. Deepzone can respond to me. You are are not are gurdian. And the way i see it, she will not a far away man in New Zealand to do the job in Maryland. Stop you nonsensical.
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by Mustay(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2008
DeepZone:

Is there any chance that those that sighted the moon might fabricate it just to end the hunger strike? What about muslims in America like Olabowale where the moon is yet to be seen, will they continue their fasting pending on when the moon appears or will they join Nigerians in celebrating the end of hunger strike?

i do not understand what you mean here.

Do you refer to the fasting as hunger strike? sad

Anyway, if you want to understand the reason why Olabowale will continue, visit http://moonsighting.com/1429shw.html
Re: RAMADAN ENDS by babs787(m): 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2008
@Deepzone

s there any chance that those that sighted the moon might fabricate it just to end the hunger strike?

Well, those that followed those that claimed to have sighted moon followed the Sunnah of the prophet (saw) and if they had lied, then the punishment would be theirs.

(1) (Reply)

Permanently Banning Members From The ISLAM Section Is Now Allowed ? Sharia? / Allah Safequards The Ka'aba / Have You Heard Of Huda Academy - An Online Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.