Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? (1646 Views)

Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals / SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend / UN Suspends Travels To Nigeria & Moves Summit To Senegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by DeepZone: 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2008
Gambari, others for northern summit

A FORMER Nigerian Foreign Affairs Minister and the United Nations (UN) Secretary-General's Special Envoy, Ambassador Ibrahim Gambari and Shaukat Aziz, the first prime minister of Pakistan to complete a full term in office, are billed to attend next month's Northern Economic and Investment Summit (NEIS 2008) on October 6 to 8 at Sheraton Hotel, Abuja.

Sponsored by the Conference of Northern States Chambers of Commerce Industry, Mines and Agriculture (CONSCCIMA), comprising all the 19 states and Abuja Chambers of Commerce, the plenary session on the opening day will be presided over by Gambari, who is also a former Nigerian Ambassador to the UN.

President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua will declare the summit open while all former heads of state from the North have accepted to be active participants at the summit.

Notable scholars, economists and jurists have also confirmed their participation at the summit. They include Rev. Matthew Hassan Kukah, Prof. Ibrahim Ayagi, Chairman of National Economic Intelligence Committee (NEIC), Justice Agboola, Chairman of Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) and Dr. Tunji Olagunju, Presidential Adviser on NEPAD and Prof. Pat Utomi, director, Lagos Business School.

The celebrated Zimbabwean farmers in Kwara State are also attending to give their experiences on commercial farming.

CONSCCIMA Chairman, Alhaji Jani Ibrahim, said all hands are on deck to ensure an economic turn-around in the North.

"Something must be done about the economy and we are determined to improve the economy of the North, we want to tackle frontally the problem of poverty", he said.

One major goal of the summit is wealth creation, with less dependence on oil.

"It is insulting to say that the North cannot survive without oil revenue. We have other great alternatives, which we are looking into strongly at the summit", he assured.

According to the CONSCCIMA leader, the summit has received the royal blessing of the Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Said Abubakar and other key royal fathers in the North.

"The Sultan is so enthusiastic about the summit and he does not hide that he is with us on this important matter", Ibrahim added.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/26/24.html
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by DeepZone: 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2008
What will they be probably discussing? How to raise more malu and increase their share of crude oil money? Have you noticed how the north is desperate to rope Gambari in as a Northerner?
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2008
they are talking on how they gona sharialised their states and loot more oil money to buy private jets like IBB. and as well provide more dagger for those stupid vampire on the loose
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by DeepZone: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2008
they are talking on how they gona sharialised their states and loot more oil money to buy private jets like IBB. and as well provide more dagger for those stupid vampire on the loose

Gbe nu sunwum!. Useless tribalist.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by DRANOEL(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2008
@deepzone

jobless girl,you are so obsessed with the north,do something better with yourself,atleast the news coming from the north this days is about economic development and less dependence on oil,you dont hear much about that from the south do you? before you realise the north would have gone far! GET A LIFE!!
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by DeepZone: 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2008
@deepzone

jobless girl,you are so obsessed with the north,do something better with yourself,atleast the news coming from the north this days is about economic [b]development and less dependence on oil,you don't hear much about that from the south do you? before you realise the north would have gone far! [/b]GET A LIFE!!

Don't take it out on me bro. I pray and hope you guys get on your feet so you can break away from Nigeria. I pray in Jesus name.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2008
the nigerian reading

funny init? nonesense yoruba person
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by DeepZone: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2008
the nigerian reading

funny init? nonesense yoruba person

Certified idiot.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2008
yea?ha
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by bilymuse: 11:28am On Sep 28, 2008
DeepZone
Don't take it out on me bro. I pray and hope you guys get on your feet so you can break away from Nigeria

dont mind all of them, na jelousy go kill them. l dey always enjoy your posting, and l think you are among the top ten poster on nairaland. keep up the good work.

Meanwhile, l dey look for wife to marry, one of my friend tell me say yoruba girls sabi take care of their man , na true. me be think say na calabar girls hold the gold medal.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by MCUsman(m): 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2008
bilymuse:

Meanwhile, l dey look for wife to marry,

Don’t tell me you are thinking about DEEPZONE. The last time someone proposed her to me on Nairaland I took a two week recess out of Nairaland to cool off the interest. I advise you do the same.
bilymuse:

one of my friend tell me say yoruba girls sabi take care of their man , na true. me be think say na calabar girls hold the gold medal.

They maybe good in bed with their big orobot, but mind you, you have make do with their stinking and nasty portor portor ewa sheet in polythene bags, especially when family members visit you.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by naijaking1: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2008
There's no problem with the north holding a summit to boost their economy, but they should let the east and the west hold their own summits without calling it a secession.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by keba(m): 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2008
naijaking1:

There's no problem with the north holding a summit to boost their economy, but they should let the east and the west hold their own summits without calling a secession.
abi ohh!!!
meanwhile, Deepzone and ikeyman00 should try and legalize their romance on NL since one can not drink
water without the other tasting it undecided lipsrsealed
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by DeepZone: 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2008
abi ohh!!!
meanwhile, Deepzone and ikeyman00 should try and legalize their romance on NL since one can not drink
water without the other tasting it

When did DeepZone enter this conversation? These northerners should leave me aloneooo.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by bilymuse: 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2008
whats is the problem with a summit, everybody is free to hold summit for a way forward.
l suggest the militants should hold summit too.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by Jarus(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2008
DeepZone:

What will they be probably discussing? How to raise more malu and increase their share of crude oil money? Have you noticed how the north is desperate to rope Gambari in as a Northerner?

Na wa for you. Abeg, what this these people did for you? Why not leave them alone and let them discuss their progress. It is people like you that have kept accusing them of being parasitic of the South. You have for so long accused them of being a lazy, dependent set of people.Now, they are charting a course towards economic progress, and you are throwing tantrums at them again. Deepzone,what is your problem,pls?

PS: Gambari is from Kwara, classified as a northern state. He is therefore a northerner. Please not all northerners are Hausa. Dr. Tunji Olagunju, SA to Yar'adua on NEPAD is also from Kwara, therefore qualifies to be called a northerner, just as I'm also a northerner, despite being a Yoruba.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by DeepZone: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2008
Na wa for you. Abeg, what this these people did for you? Why not leave them alone and let them discuss their progress. It is people like you that have kept accusing them of being parasitic of the South. You have for so long accused them of being a lazy, dependent set of people.Now, they are charting a course towards economic progress, and you are throwing tantrums at them again. Deepzone,what is your problem,please?

PS: Gambari is from Kwara, classified as a northern state. He is therefore a northerner. Please not all northerners are Hausa. Dr. Tunji Olagunju, SA to Yar'adua on NEPAD is also from Kwara, therefore qualifies to be called a northerner, just as I'm also a northerner, despite being a Yoruba.
carry go joo. Yoruba wannabe. tongue tongue tongue Tell your northern brothers to leave our pockets alone since you chose to be one of them. i'm thinking the summit is to plan on how to steal from the south the more because they are never productive.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by DRANOEL(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2008
@deepzone

just so you should know IBRAHIM AGBOOLA GAMBARI IS FULANI and is a member of the fulani ruling class in ilorin
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2008
I have more respect for the northerners than for the south west especially the yorubas, i think they are the most complex people to deal with, they think they know it all, and yet it is so wrong, these people wants to get together and see how they can create wealth and stop depending on oil money.

I remember when Nigeria was being ruled by the military, people whine and complain, and yet when the hausa man was going into the NDA, the papas and the mamas of the yoruba and igbo people will be against such move, cos they all see military as a death trap, now we have so many military in the high rank of Nigeria army and we whining.

Now they are trying to do something now to make north be on top again, instead of other tribes to follow the example and make somethng and stop using micro lense to look for oil in ilesha where all they have is gold that is not even enough to feed them.
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by frag(m): 5:17am On Oct 03, 2008
MC Usman:

Don’t tell me you are thinking about DEEPZONE. The last time someone proposed her to me on Nairaland I took a two week recess out of Nairaland to cool off the interest. I advise you do the same.
They maybe good in bed with their big orobot, but mind you, you have make do with their stinking and nasty portor portor ewa sheet in polythene bags, especially when family members visit you.

.lolololololoololololololloolololloololololoololololololoololoololololololoolloololo grin grin grin grin
Re: What use is the North Economic summit to Nigerians? by frag(m): 5:21am On Oct 03, 2008
Fhemmmy:

I have more respect for the northerners than for the south west especially the yorubas, i think they are the most complex people to deal with, they think they know it all, and yet it is so wrong, these people wants to get together and see how they can create wealth and stop depending on oil money.

I remember when Nigeria was being ruled by the military, people whine and complain, and yet when the hausa man was going into the NDA, the papas and the mamas of the yoruba and igbo people will be against such move, because they all see military as a death trap, now we have so many military in the high rank of Nigeria army and we whining.

Now they are trying to do something now to make north be on top again, instead of other tribes to follow the example and make somethng and stop using micro lense to look for oil in ilesha where all they have is gold that is not even enough to feed them.

And you! Watch your mouth o. Onja bo ju enu lo. angry

(1) (Reply)

Fashola For President / Nigrians,never Buy A Sony Electronics Produst,it Kills And Can Burn Down your Hous / House Of Assembly Election Rerun In Edo State-court Declared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.