Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? (2259 Views)

Engagement Inspired Look (before And After Pictures) / Tiwa Savage’s Eye-catching Dress At The M.A.C Rocks Colour Event / Diamond Shape For Engagement Rings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by spikedcylinder: 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2006
Why are women always crazy about having huge rocks on their engagement ring finger?I mean its nice to have a gold,silver or diamond band that will not fade and will not wear as the years go by but whats the huge fascination and to die for attitude concerning 18k,24k(and above)precious stones dangling from their fingers?
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by retro(f): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2006
If I ever wanted to get married, I wouldn't want huge rocks. I want something simple. Marriage isn't about the ring.
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by spikedcylinder: 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2006
Well to some people,it is.Some ladies would not engage a guy just because the diamond on the engagement ring is too small.

What prompted this question was that i was reading a Modupe Ozolua interview in Ovation West Africa and I noticed the way she went on and on about her dream engagement ring being the size of her fist!And I'm like,whats the deal?
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by retro(f): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2006
Well, when they get divorced, they could sell the ring and get money!
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by SvS(f): 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2006
bling bling,am actually nuh into stuff lik tha at all
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by Kadeejah(f): 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2006
i love me sum bling! cool if a guy wann@ marry me he better get me a big rock!*jus kidding buh i dont want no cheap stuff! angry grin*
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by dollypee1(f): 12:10am On Jul 13, 2006
I don't like it one bit! I admire it so much on people if it fits well.
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by hotangel2(f): 3:34am On Jul 14, 2006
The rule as they say is: A man must spend the whole of his 2 months salary on an engagement ring.

As for me, Rock or no rock, it should be the one that won't fade (I love bling bling, but for an engagement ring, it's not a must -- although don't get me wrong now, if my man wants to but the big rocks [ice as i'll call them], shuuu he can be my guest!). I'll collect the iced out ring, and buy me a small one. lol, SHow my friends n family the real one. But wear the fake one when im going to some normal place. Too much rocks on ur fingers attract thieves. wink
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by Mystique(f): 9:20am On Jul 17, 2006
A rock would be kool on my ring,

But not too large though, don't want 'omila' following you about o! wink
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by iice(f): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2006
Yeah i want a rock but not necessarily an engagement ring lol
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by Eurphoria(f): 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2006
I wont do diamonds for the principle of it all. I got an eye opener years back on where alot of these rocks come from and i won't be part of it(they tell you they are hall marked but i read alot of the diamond merchants are unscrupulous in their trade). Not unless, my husband to be went and found the rock from a quarry himself, i wont have blood on my fingers.

Who ever i am with will know and would have to come up with something creative with a jeweler instead, its even better my ring would be bespoke and unique.
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by desiree(f): 2:48am On Jul 22, 2006
Yeah, why not---the bigger the rock the more he loves me wink grin and the more love he gets from me wink

And it has to be all legal cool
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by mustafar1: 4:06am On Jul 22, 2006
the rock needed for the engagement ring she is going to get hasnt been mined yet not to talk of it being cut and polished.
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by spikedcylinder: 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2006
must_a_far:

the rock needed for the engagement ring she is going to get hasnt been mined yet not to talk of it being cut and polished.

Na wa o! see levels?!
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by SvS(f): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2006
abi ohhh
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by kellorah: 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2006
band for my weddng, rock for engagement
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by spikedcylinder: 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2006
kellorah:

band for my weddng, rock for engagement

Oh yea,idea lo matter. grin
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by katherinae(f): 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2006
girls a diamond on a platinum band is necessary grin

Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by jaybaby(f): 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2006
Hmmm large rocks , yea nice wink wink
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2006
i wouldn't want something so big making my finger uncomfortable.i would go for a simple ring anytime.
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by uchetobi(f): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2007
i love platinium rings. a collleague of mine has one (as an engagement ring) and i think its d coolest iv seen so far
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by spikedcylinder: 7:00am On Jul 31, 2007
I think i prefer those embedded rings rather than this protruding design. They are cheaper, unique and better looking. smiley
Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by PrincessMo(f): 12:11pm On May 10, 2008
I definately don't want the kinda rock ma mom
got. . .VERY FRICKIN TINY!! But I don't want mine to
look like the huge a** pink panther rock neither.
BLING BLING!! and no gold band for me. . .NAW!! grin grin

Re: Large Rocks On Engagement Rings? by onyekang1(f): 3:32pm On May 23, 2008
Platinum rings are awesome,i love them kiss

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Pant Trouser / OMG! See What I Found On The Internet Last Night! / Do U Recognize This? *indomie Generation Just Forget It*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.