Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Do You Have An account With Washington Mutual? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Have An account With Washington Mutual? (657 Views)

Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics / Opening An Account On 1688.com And Taobao.com Made Easy / Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have An account With Washington Mutual? by Cayon(f): 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2008
God help us, so now my account will eventually be integrated with JP Morgan Chase. I don’t know if anyone other than me has an account with Washington Mutual, but I thought I would let anyone who does. I wanted to make sure I could get my money out but i did some checking first.
First of all the bank didn’t actually crash,as the media makes it sound.
The government seizure was designed to stop that from happening.,to keep
depositors from losing any money.
The FDIC had anticipated a crash,and sold shares to J.P. Morgan,
and then told bank officials they were taking over.
They were taken completly by surprise,
and didn’t have time to take the money and run like so many other corporations had done.
The money from J.P Morgan went back into Washington Mutual to guarantee that every one will get their money.
There will be no interruption in the operation of the bank,and all cards and pin numbers will remain the same as they were.
The only problem is not with the bank, but with scared businesses that may refuse to take any personal checks withWashington Mutual on them.
So far the government still owns the bank,and J.P Morgan only holds $1.9 billion in stocks,and not even uninsured depositors will lose any money

Peace

(1) (Reply)

What Do Financial Experts Mean When They Say The Market Is Going Tom Crash? / Please Help Before Invest / Interested In Starting Up A Shortcode Provision Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.