Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Nigerian Animations - Wack - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Animations - Wack (902 Views)

Where Are Some Cartoons/ Animations Made By Africans? / Zain Don't Forget The Lyrics, Is It Wack Or Real? / 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack (2) (3) (4)

Nigerian Animations - Wack by 5p1naz(m): 5:30am On Sep 28, 2008
FIRST TWAS OUR MOVIE INDUSTRY, THO STILL NO IMPROVEMENT THERE, BUT WE NOT GONNA GO INTO THAT IN THIS topic,

now my cry goes out to our animation, wat on earth is our problem i was watchin "channel e" a south african tv station , there was this animation just for a short advert, twas world class, why are tins in S.A world class n tins in NAIJA the so called (giant of africa) local champions, ?? a very good example was the sodding indomie hero advert that was on air some time back, i bet ma kid sister wudnt approve that animation for a kidergaten class let alone approved for an advert, a whole INDOMIE, now 2face showed himself with that wack animation "FOR INSTANCE" and many others, wat exactly is the problem with ussssssssss?

Re: Nigerian Animations - Wack by tpia5: 9:43am On Feb 03, 2013
i havent really watched much of nigerian animation, but i think some of the reasons we're not yet measuring up to par is our inability to be light hearted on most issues that dont involve sex.

i've noticed especially here on nl, nigerians just find it almost impossible to "step back" and view things from an impartial lens.

animation is supposed to pass across the message in a non-serious manner using humour. This aspect might be a bit difficult for us because we are no longer used to such.

now, i wouldnt necessarily qualify nigerian animation as wack, since i've rarely watched it, but i do know kenyans seem to hold themselves to stricter standards when it comes to entertainment, and it seems south africans do also, going by your post.

we're supposed to be comparing what we're doing, to the western world, since they already have these things under wraps. The Japanese too.
Re: Nigerian Animations - Wack by nellaluv(f): 10:59am On Feb 03, 2013
You're talking of 2face wack animation in 'for instance' i guess you haven't seen M.I's 'action film' definition of wackness in it's totality. SMH

Inside Out With Agatha? / Glee Fan Page ! (gleeks) / True Blood Season 4 Episode 11