Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,240 members, 7,957,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

Preparing For Gre And I Expert Advice? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Preparing For Gre And I Expert Advice? (659 Views)

University Of Benin Students Preparing For Exam(pictures) / GRE And Universities In Canada / Preparing for GRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Preparing For Gre And I Expert Advice? by kevd2: 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2008
gentlemen and ladies, i am preparing to write Gre and i need experienced advice.

- Which books are most important.(currently have Barrons and Kaplans with their CD's).
- how do i tackle all those words ( i have currently read all words in kaplan and half way through Barrons list).
- how best to handle analytical setion ( i cant seem to write conclusively and summon my voculaburay in just 45 mins).
- i am getting btw 700-800 in Quantitave section during practice. is that a sign of progress?
Any other pertinent information? Thanks
Re: Preparing For Gre And I Expert Advice? by Aiyetunje: 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2008
From my little knowledge

I think both books will serve u well

Its not just about learning or cramming the words or their meanings! You have to know how they are used in context & also other meanings which could cause traps. .

Read the section on writing in Kaplan. . . it is very helpful, go thru the examples follow the explanations - just know that every good essay/write up has 3 parts - an introduction, a body and a conclusion. Its better to use plain and simple language to pass ur msg across rather than high fallutin words which may confuse you or the examiner.

For the Quant, those scores are pretty good! keep it up!

I will invite the other experts to come and contribute. . .thats just my 2 cents! When is ur exam date?

(1) (Reply)

Plss I Need Information On Laspotech / Akungba List Is Out 2008/2009 / Read At Your Own Risk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.