Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,669 members, 7,862,071 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:04 AM

Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way (728 Views)

Classic Movies On Tubemotion.com / Pls Where Can I Download Free Movies On My Fone? / Download American movies on laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way by Raymond88(m): 12:29am On Oct 01, 2008
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Tobey Maguire and "Spider-Man" director Sam Raimi plan to reunite for the fourth and fifth installments of Columia Pictures' comic book franchise, dispelling speculation that a new actor would play the crime-fighter.

"The studio never considered any other actor. Tobey was our only choice and the only person we've discussed the role with," said studio spokesman Steve Elzer.

In hopes of containing costs, Columbia is considering shooting the films back-to-back starting in fall 2009, much like New Line did with "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, which filmed simultaneously for 274 days. Laura Ziskin, who will produce with Avi Arad, had said she would like to aim for a May 2011 release for "Spider-Man 4," nine years after the original movie's debut.

Jamie Vanderbilt ("Zodiac"wink is writing the screenplay.

"Spider-Man" is Columbia's most successful movie franchise; the first three films have grossed $2.5 billion worldwide.

The Sony-owned studio declined comment on what villains might appear in the next two films or whether Kirsten Dunst would reprise her role as Mary Jane Watson, though it is hoped she will follow Maguire's lead and return.

Sony also has stepped up development of the "Spider-Man" spinoff "Venom." Topher Grace played Venom in 2007's "Spider-Man 3," but it's unclear whether Sony would cast him for the "Venom" feature or bring in new talent.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Re: Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way by tpia: 4:43am On Oct 01, 2008
Re: Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way by Aiyetunje: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2008
Stale gist!
Re: Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way by tpia: 3:43am On Oct 02, 2008
Re: Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way by Gamine(f): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2008
EEEEwwwww

I wont be seeing it
Re: Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way by iice(f): 2:56am On Oct 09, 2008
If it's better than the third then i will see it.
That third one sef undecided

Please shouldn't they just kill off kirsten dunst Erhhh i mean mary jane? Her acting is becoming unbearable to watch. Tragic for one who started soo young Don't even like the whole mary jane thing. Let it just be spidey and villains. . .kindda like iron man - at least for one part tongue

Venom? Ughhhh no. Next thing its croc and what not
Re: Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way by Seun(m): 7:32am On Oct 09, 2008
They would suck, but they would make money, just like episode 3. I want to see a truly evil spiderman.
Re: Two More Spiderman Movies On The Way by Aiyetunje: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2008
Evil Spiderman?that may be hard. . .but u can never tell with Hwoood

(1) (Reply)

Free Stuff / Movies You Would Like To See / Desperate Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.