Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,668 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man (32227 Views)

Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Miss Stephanie Adaralegbe / Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? / Dating A Nigerian Guy In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Angelheart: 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2008
When dealing with Nigerian men, remember these tips girls:

# Don’t marry any man unless you have known him for at least four years, Nigerian or not.

# Use a condom even after your first test. Window periods, black people!

# Don’t marry him if you don’t like pepper.

# If you think the pidgin English is bad for the kids, make him stop at once. I mean, really, is this Lagos?

# The whole big penis thing is always relative, but ladies, it’s true – so arm yourselves.

# Like any other man, if you don’t feel like cooking like you own a catering business, don’t. Whenever you see women in colourful layers of cloth and hats like peacocks, run.

# Relatives must never be accepted for long and the first night should always be in a hotel.
What’s next? All the men you know will be in dresses and matching curtain trousers and all you can say is “Oga”.

# Limit him to a few friends. Gay or not, men love having other cocks around. With girls it’s probably just three. But with dudes it’s like sometimes six. What’s up boys? Off to a strip joint or you going to turn each other on?

# If you can avoid it, never let him drive. Please go to Lagos.

# Always stay true to yourself and never let him commit you to some cause you know nothing about. Men will deceive you to get the honey-pot, whether they are from Lagos or Durban(SA).

# If you don’t like slimy food, run.
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by HRhotness(f): 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2008
Thats rather harsh don't u think. . .

Stuff u wrote can apply to any man, Nigerian or not. . . besides, believe it or not there are a few good Nigerian men

1 Like

Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by ebelegirl(f): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2008
Huh? Your tips are pointless and useless! *hissssss*

1 Like

Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Outstrip(f): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2008
Obviously written by a someone who is not nigerian. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by tpia: 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2008
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by bawomolo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2008
# If you think the pidgin English is bad for the kids, make him stop at once. I mean, really, is this Lagos?

you dey craze.
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by tumfulu: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2008
Poster, you are mad, may your pussie rottren.
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by ifyalways(f): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2008
what shall we not read/see/hear shocked shocked angry angry
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Angelheart: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2008
tpia:

She slept with some desperate Nigerian men.

Big deal!!!!!!!!

person no go hear word again.

Could be.  Ask your dad all about it, smiley

bawomolo:

you dey craze.

I love you too Bawo

tumfulu:

Poster, you are mad, may your pussie rottren.

Rotten?? Hmm, smiley
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Planner(m): 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2008
ANGELHEART,

Have u really dated a Nigerian before?
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by drrionelli(m): 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Angelheart:
It seems that some posters are taking issue with your list. I must confess that I, myself, don't understand some of the points you're making.

Here's a suggestion: Re-post your list, but this time, include an explanation with each of your tips. Maybe that will clarify things a bit.
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by DeepZone: 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2008
Like any other man, if you don’t feel like cooking like you own a catering business, don’t. Whenever you see women in colourful layers of cloth and hats like peacocks, run.
Nigerian women?

undecided undecided

Relatives must never be accepted for long and the first night should always be in a hotel.
What’s next? All the men you know will be in dresses and matching curtain trousers and all you can say is “Oga”.

# Limit him to a few friends. Gay or not, men love having other cocks around. With girls it’s probably just three. But with dudes it’s like sometimes six. What’s up boys? Off to a strip joint or you going to turn each other on?
Nigerian men are rarely sexual deviants.

# If you can avoid it, never let him drive. Please go to Lagos

why? Is driving a big deal in your village? I'D rather have him drive me all day. undecided

# If you don’t like slimy food, run.
Every culture on earth has slimy food. You want to bet?
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by geebeeohh(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2008
tunnel vision if you ask me grin grin grin
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by ikeyman00(m): 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2008
'@ POSTER
hey pls tell us about south african man!!

waiting ?
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by cuteass1(f): 1:03am On Oct 02, 2008
Hey guys, lets be easy on her.

The only mistake she made was posting in a wrong section because obviously this was made for the "jokes" section. .

I'm sure it was all in an "let's laugh until our ribs hurt" intention, not to upset anyone. Its as glaring as light that she didn't cpmpose the write-up herself.

please a good sense of humour wouldn't be inappropriate at this point . . regardless of the "indirect insults"

@angelheart, i could vouch you just didn't come all the way to nairaland to throw insults at nigerian men, or did you dear?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by HRhotness(f): 1:07am On Oct 02, 2008
I think she hooked up with a degenerate Nigerian man and like all ignorant bimbos, has decided all Nigerian men r like that!
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Cayon(f): 2:11am On Oct 02, 2008
geez,  HR i didn't know you talk like that.  And all de time i thought you are a Saint like me

HR.hotness:

I think she hooked up with a degenerate Nigerian man and like all ignorant bimbos, has decided all Nigerian men r like that!
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 02, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin funny thread
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by tpia: 3:04am On Oct 02, 2008
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Cayon(f): 3:16am On Oct 02, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

grin grin grin grin grin funny thread
indeed it is. just look at the poster avatar. hahahahaa grin grin need i say more -lol
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by ikeyman00(m): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2008
some people are just too stupid!!! shocking!!!

talking down on nigerian men, and all they say is hey this is meant to be in the joke section!!

anyway lipsrsealed
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Angelheart: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2008
Really?? Certainly not meant to be in the jokes section!
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by JustGood(m): 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2008
This sounds like what you hear from a dejected woman. There are some Nigerian women abroad who have similar sentiments but expressed in other forms.

I'm sure it's difficult for a woman who goes through life believing that she is doomed never to find a good man
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Angelheart: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2008
Oh how EASY it it to work up you Naijas!! Keep releasing the heat! Its good for the skin. smiley
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by sosodat: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2008
Really pathetic! embarassed
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by HRhotness(f): 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2008
Cayon:

geez,  HR i didn't know you talk like that.  And all de time i thought you are a Saint like me

But I am. . . I promise! grin
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by anurika25(f): 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2008
I think most of these tips can be used with men,no matter the nationality.What is different is the one with the pepper,Jesus,you have to have a strong stomach!As for the driving,I let him drive my car all the time,no problem with that.But i wanted to ask,what is that made most of you angry?Maybw,I don´t see something,that you feel its insulting.
Friendly,Anurika (I don't know if im spelling it correctly!!)
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Angelheart: 2:16am On Oct 03, 2008
Nobody is angry here. Im just looking out for my fellow non-nigerian sisters. Surely you have seen how many posts have been made by by non-Nigerians who are experiencing MAJOR problems with Naija men. The best solution is to stay away anf keep to their own men and if they cannot, then I might as well devise the 'Dating Naija men commandments'. At least they cant back and complain that nobody warned them.

Why do you fail to acknowldge the points that were positive: I mean the manhood bit. Moreover, there were some points where I di say that 'Not Only Naija men, '. But then again, who cares, Keep concentrating of the negatives and suit yourselves. Like I said, its healthy to release some heat once in a while. It unblocks the pores! smiley
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by anurika25(f): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2008
Im not Nigerian,either.I didn't mention the right ones,cause i agree with them,and i think it goes for all of men.I mean,for me,u have to be in a relationship at least 3 or 4 years,before u take the next big step,being with a Nigerian or not.
I have to admit one thing,though.Where I live,Nigerians are seen as very good persons,and there are interracial relationships,some of them leading to marriage and some not.But since,I entered this forum,I read about women that married with unfaithfull men,and that they didn't treat them well.I think that we shouldn't generalise,cause the character of a person,doesn't depend on his nationality.Every person is different,and should be treated differently,cause it's just unfair.
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Angelheart: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2008
In this forum, if you are not Nigerian, if you dont become apologetic, you are on your own. Go through my earlier posts and I started out as naive as you sound. Most of the Naijas in this forum appear to come from the same mother. The rudeness is unbelievable. So, I have resorted to speaking my mind. They DO!!
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by ikeyman00(m): 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2008
angelheart tell the ladies tips on dating a zuluman

we are waiting
Re: Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man by Gamine(f): 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2008
LOL

Too funny

Jokes section!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Are Wearing Fake Crowns- Olubadan Tells 21 Newly Crowned Kings Of Ibadan / Culture And Historical Background Of Kabba People Of Kogi State / 12 Things You Didnt Know About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.