Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Leave Allowance - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Leave Allowance (4219 Views)

Relocation Allowance For New Employee? / Leave Your Cv With John Holt Nigeria (graduate/exp) / I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leave Allowance by strifi: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2008
I work in a Company that is owned by Foreigners, they hardly employ Nigerians as the believe highly in the quality of their expatriates.I Studied Mechanical Engineering in a Nigerian University and with that i learnt AutoCad 2D & 3D. this brought value to me when i started work in my present company.
But the highest paid Nigerian personnel is a female Financial controller who earns far above Two hundred thousand Naira, as she is a masters holder and the next highest paid personnel is the Admin Manager who earns Just around seventy Thousand (70,000) and he is an OND holder.

When i first came into the company i worked directly under the Admin Department and with time i was moved to the Technical Department, this has brought about alot of stir in the company as am quite young with great aspirations in my carear. within 7 months of my stay in the company i was given a pay rise from twenty thousand naira(20,000) a month to thirty Thousand Naira(30,000) a month this brought about a little bit of friction with some old staffs in the company as the company basically comprises of Stewards,drivers etc with little educational background as the first Nigerian to join the technical team of the company i haven't had it easy with my fellow Nigerian Staffs. As i know that my ability to rise will be hampared by that of the Admin Manager who has been given that position not based on qualification but just as a means to satisfy the Nigerian content required by Clients (Show off)

within a year i was due for my leave allowance and to my surprise i was told that i will be given 8% of my annual leave allowance which is the same rate used for the drivers, stewards and casual staffs and i saw that as not been right secondly i have worked for over a year and i do believe my leave should be calculated with my present salary status of (30,000) and not (20,000) as i saw this as an act to frustrate me in the company.

I am really new into the work environment and with the politics in the office i see their envious plot to hamper my rise. am out for the experience thats why am staying put and not to get into the act of eye service to please any one.

I will like to know if it is appropriate to receive 8% of annual salary equallying that of the casual staff and also if my leave allowance should be based on my current salary or my old salary as a graduate.

(1) (Reply)

Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me / C.I.S Diploma In Securities And Investment(prospects) / Vacanies At Chisco Transport (nig) Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.