Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. (186243 Views)

History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Pictorial History Of Northern Nigeria / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by TOYOSI20(f): 4:14am On Oct 17, 2008
Nice pictures, . . . . . . .I'd like to taste the Arab bread,

it looks like it's going to taste Sweet and crunchy,. . . . . . smiley cheesy tongue

. . . . . . .And the bar in the tree is . . . . . . . wow. . . . . . . . shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Bgal(f): 7:42am On Oct 17, 2008
I grew up in Bauchi but I've got no photos of Northern Nigeria, too bad.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Maykelly(f): 10:30am On Oct 17, 2008
@MC Usman, Pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! close this thread. what are you bringing up here? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Gamine(f): 10:41am On Oct 17, 2008
A Paiko Sunset

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by MCUsman(m): 11:54am On Oct 17, 2008
May kelly:

@MC Usman, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! close this thread. what are you bringing up here? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What happned i told you to holla me angry angry
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by doyin13(m): 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2008
Sisikill. . .All the money wey u dey invest in procuring these pics, u sure say Nollywood no fit make use of am tongue grin
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Maykelly(f): 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2008
MC Usman:

What happned i told you to holla me angry angry

Oh!!!!!!!!!!! so sad. I will holla ok. check yr mail.

That's good of you. CHRIST OUR LORD and SAVIOUR
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2008
doyin13:

SisikillAll the money wey u dey invest in procuring these pics, u sure say Nollywood no fit make use of am tongue grin

*nervous laugh*
Mo. . . money to . . . . to procure. . . I mean yeah, totally, really! Of course, like duh! Honestly, you ehn, I don't. . . . say what? grin grin
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:19pm On Oct 17, 2008
Like a bad penny, I always come back. . . no wait, is that the real saying? Hmmm, 

Okay, just enjoy these FREE picturea while I mull over that.

Like bad penny. . . coming back like a bad penny, A bad Penny is always. . .

Welcome to GASHAKA-GUMTI NATIONAL PARK

Gashaka-Gumti National Park, the largest park in Nigeria, covers an area of wilderness greater than 6,600 sq km. The park's name is derived from two of the region's oldest and most historic settlements: Gashaka village in Taraba State, and Gumti village in Adamawa State.

There are few other places in the world that contain such spectacular scenery and such diverse wildlife. The hidden corner of west Africa that is Gashaka-Gumti National Park is surely one of the continent's best kept secrets.  kiss kiss

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:21pm On Oct 17, 2008
View of the park from the Top

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2008
Nice place for hiking, no?

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:27pm On Oct 17, 2008
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2008
Pretty Little Birdy

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:29pm On Oct 17, 2008
Butterfly

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by omoge(f): 11:29pm On Oct 17, 2008
kuka? you mean that tree is what they got kuka soup stuffs from?? shocked
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2008
Co-existing peacefully with  shocked shocked

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2008
omoge:

kuka? you mean that tree is what they got kuka soup stuffs from?? shocked

Bwahahahaha! Makes you wish you could unknow what you now know, right? cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by omoge(f): 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2008
what? you in kad and you don't know pete?

okay let me give you an idea

corn grounded not so smooth but smooth to some extent.
then you use the flat native hausa tray to sort it, i forgotten how we do call it but i love doing it.

you put some of the masara and then use your hands to do it to seperate it

what you seperated you mix with ruwa, then cook, use mai gada, tomatoe and the sour leaf (also use to eat masa), put gishiri and maybe maggi. cook like porridge, i love it sooooooooooo much

yakua is the sour leaf (if i remeber)

now do you get the meal am talking about?
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by omoge(f): 11:35pm On Oct 17, 2008
wait is it the kukar? is it from that tree? please let me know ko. what have i eaten goodness gracious shocked
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2008
Mambilla Plateau

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2008
omoge:

what? you in kad and you don't know pete?

okay let me give you an idea

corn grounded not so smooth but smooth to some extent.
then you use the flat native hausa tray to sort it, i forgotten how we do call it but i love doing it.

you put some of the masara and then use your hands to do it to seperate it

the is what you then cook, use mai gada, tomatoe and the sour leaf (also use to eat masa), put gishiri and maybe maggi. cook like porridge, i love it sooooooooooo much

yakua is the sour leaf (if i remeber)

now do you get the meal am talking about?

Aah! I am shaming myself here embarassed embarassed

omoge:

wait is it the kukar? is it from that tree? please let me know ko. what have i eaten goodness gracious shocked

Rotflmao! You are killing me here. I don't know if I should tell you coz you are already freaking out. The leaves of the Boabab tree are Kuka leaves, used to make. . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by omoge(f): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2008
wayoooooooooooooooooooo
waaaaaaayoooooooooooooooooo

na mutu fa gaskiya. ewwwwwwwwwwwww that wierd tree, ummmm ha!!

i won't eat kuka again kuma.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by omoge(f): 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2008
what is that flat raffia tray call remind me again please

that is if you can remember. walahi, northern loves pete. am sure you have eaten it, smooth corn (not so smooth though), cook and add stuffs to it, you make it not too thick and not too water. so deli cheesy

most important thing is the sour leaf (yakua). i love the sourness of the meal.

i love goose goose too, close to pete but goose goose is more thick.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2008
omoge:

wayoooooooooooooooooooo
waaaaaaayoooooooooooooooooo

na mutu fa gaskiya. ewwwwwwwwwwwww that wierd tree, ummmm ha!!

i won't eat kuka again kuma.

Rotflmao! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Chikiiiiiiiiiiiii  naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Walahi, Kin Keshe ni!!
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2008
Hmm, so Sisi is from the North?
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 11:58pm On Oct 17, 2008
Omoge has givne me assignment, my grandmother will be so ashamed of me right about now!!

Ruby_Pearl:

Hmm, so Sisi is from the North?

*looks around for DeepZone*

Don't say that out loud, you wanna kill me? cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 12:02am On Oct 18, 2008
Highlands

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 12:03am On Oct 18, 2008
Grasslands

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 18, 2008
awwwwwwwwwww, that is so cool!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss

Dnt worry, I'll protect you form DZ wink
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by doyin13(m): 12:04am On Oct 18, 2008
Sisikill:

Omoge has givne me assignment, my grandmother will be so ashamed of me right about now!!

*looks around for DeepZone*

Don't say that out loud, you want to kill me? cheesy cheesy

You are hereby indicted for misleading the general nairaland populace into believing that
you are of Yoruba stock.

How do ye plead??
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 18, 2008
What is that animal? shocked shocked

With the feathers abi na scales? embarassed
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Sisikill: 12:05am On Oct 18, 2008
Omoge, my brother just asked me to find out if you are taken? grin grin

He said you will take me to school and back in Hausa-ness!!

Sooooooooooooooo are ya?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

Beautiful Faces Of Africa / Traditional Yoruba Names And Their Meanings / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.