Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria (5685 Views)

Minority Leader, Osun Assembly Dies On 48th Birthday / Forbes Names Okonjo-iweala Most Powerful Woman in Africa 48th in the World 2015 / Happy 48th Birthday Governor Amaechi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by raymonDii(m): 10:16am On Oct 02, 2008
Nigeria is 48, what a big exprience. thanks to our leaders 4 improving the nation. its call 4 celebration mennnnnnn! buddies let's promote Nigeria our country.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by busygirl(f): 10:20am On Oct 02, 2008
NIGERIA IS THE BEST LAND GBAO  kiss kiss kiss. . .proudly nigerian wink cheesy
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by gentlegg(m): 10:32am On Oct 02, 2008
a fool at 48, any hope?
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2008
Nigeria ndewoooooooo!!!!!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by carmelily: 10:58am On Oct 02, 2008
do u guys think nigeria hasnt achieved enough at this age.

i marvel at how shyman managed the feat of mentioning "Nigeria" and "achieved" in the same sentence?
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Scopium: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2008
[size=13pt]PROUDLY NAIJA 4 LIFE[/size]
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by favcom(m): 11:59am On Oct 02, 2008
Happy birthday to you (x3)
Happy birthday to you, Nigeria
Happy birthday to you!

48 years of independence and you remain as we are
Then, you must be an 'Agbaya' grin
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by fantastik(m): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2008
There ain't nothing happy about this birthday!
Anyway shaa, thank you.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Exstar(f): 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2008
Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! HURRAY!!!!

@ 48
Agbaya! angry
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Exstar(f): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ 48,
our oga is still stating reasons 2 justify HIS Slow state! (Daily Sun 01/10/08)
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by fatimaoke(f): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2008
As the cry of a baby attracts it mother's attention, so shall our needs and cry attract God today. He will give to us all our needs for the year. Say amen. Happy Independence Day, Nigerians
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Exstar(f): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2008
fatimaoke:

As the cry of a baby attracts it mother's attention, so shall our needs and cry attract God today. He will give to us all our needs for the year. Say amen. Happy Independence Day, Nigerians
somebody shout HALLE-LU-YAH!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Moyola(f): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2008
Exstar:

Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! HURRAY!!!!

@ 48
Agbaya! angry

cheesy

@ topic

lung thyme and feferity o!!!! cheesy tongue
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by fatimaoke(f): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2008
Have you heard? There has been another plane crash on 1st October, 2008 in a country called Nigeria? None of the passengers survived. But I’m sure that you know some of them. Some names were announced, like bitterness, poverty, sickness, ill luck, sudden death, disappointments, sorrow, unrest, evil and all their relatives. Thank god they have all gone with the crash. Celebrate their exit because we will never see or know them anymore. Send this to everyone you love if you believe that god almighty has changed your stories to glory. Happy new month!!! Nigeria is a great country. May God up lift each and every one of us to our high places in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Exstar(f): 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2008
May all the forces hindering the growth of NIGERIA:
Die! Die!! Die!!! Die!!!! Die!!!!! Die!!!!!! Die!!!!!!!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Sholeyb: 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2008
May I suggest that we all start to do something no matter how small. I appreciate the way people feel about the whole situation, but let's be honest no matter how much and how often we complain it cannot change the situation.

Things to consider

Training young children in your area for free
Donating your used clothing, books, shoes etc to local children
Donating raw food stuff to families you know are suffering
Investing money in local traders biz, e.g pepper seller, meat seller etc. I can hear people saying NO WAY, who can I trust. We have to start somewhere
Visiting hospitals and donating baby clothes, paying off a new mother's bill.
Digging a well in our village
Opening a library in our old school
Teaching people to draft a CV and how to conduct themselves at an interview for free.
paying for a child's education that you may not really know but their plight has come to your knowledge
Visit homes where we know that there are disbaled or sick people there just to help them clean, wash clothes etc. Even just visiting and cahtting to them may be all they need.
Donating beds, duvets, story books, body creams( u know that cream you bought that did not suit you and u want to throw away), to shelters for drug addicts. prostitutes, orphaned childern etc
Volunteering to go to the market for a vulnerable adult that lives next to you
Raising money in your office for people who need surgery but cannot afford it.

This christmas is a good one, buy a very nice and useful hamper for that woman that stands in front of your office selling boli or soemone else, it would make their christmas.

So many other things I cannot think of right now. 

Imagine a scenario where  a driver hits someone because the brakes are bad, if we knew about it before hand and could afford to sort it out and did nothing we are as gulty as the driver. I am not saying encouraging people to be irresponsible, but people we know are genuinley trying but can't make ends meet.

How many of us volunteer our time to our churches, mosques etc.Think about it
I hope this makes sense
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by teetee2(f): 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGERIA @ 48. Let us begin to see/say good things about our dear country "NIGERIA" because we are all created here for different purposes and these can only be achieved if we are all happy to be proud of our great country. God never made mistake to create us inside this country, it wasn't the choice our parents, it's God's Will.Americans are proud saying GOD BLESS AMERICA, we too can start saying now "GOD BLESS NIGERIA", it is word of prophecy. Our leaders are human and their inability can be adjusted by prayers , God will give them wisdom to do the right things. I CAN SEE A WONDERFUL AND GREAT COUNTRY. Please join me everyday to say GOD BLESS NIGERIA. I love Nigeria and being a Nigerian.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by zukkymike(m): 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2008
48 years, 7th largest producer of oil, yet an average house hold buys kerosene @ 120 per litre,no electricity in the house.I would have wished the Britains countinued their colonial administration,believe me we would have been better that South Africans by now.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by carmelily: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2008
Exstar:

somebody shout HALLE-LU-YAH!

ALL-DEY-LOOK-DIE! cheesy
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Olubachar(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2008
grin Happy birthday to my beloved country. cool cheesy wink May God almighty guard us & provide for all our need's in ds country, Amen.  Hurray!!!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2008
Can you for sure stick out your neck and be sincere and bold to say that you have freedom in the makeshift country called nigeria today? Don't you know that the british you named above are still ruling nigeria by proxy using those imbeciles (support with arms) that have been missing road since 1960?

it's nigeria's fault for not thriving towards a path of economic independence.  nigerians had a chance to redeem themselves after 1960 but have blown it for the most path. fact remains,  most nigerians were joyous about independece. the stories of the good ole days under the british are just revisionist history.  this is a day, many nigerians fought and died for(included your igbos). be proud of it

Go to the outside world and see wht freedom is all baout by then then u would know u are in cage ,or prison would be the right word.

nigeria isn't burma, north korea or afghanistan. let's try to be realistic here.  at least your internet isn't censored, nor is a secret police watching your every move.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by ayomifull(f): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2008
Sholeyb:

May I suggest that we all start to do something no matter how small. I appreciate the way people feel about the whole situation, but let's be honest no matter how much and how often we complain it cannot change the situation.

Things to consider

Investing money in local traders biz, e.g pepper seller, meat seller etc. I can hear people saying NO WAY, who can I trust. We have to start somewhere
Teaching people to draft a CV and how to conduct themselves at an interview for free.
paying for a child's education that you may not really know but their plight has come to your knowledge
Visit homes where we know that there are disbaled or sick people there just to help them clean, wash clothes etc. Even just visiting and cahtting to them may be all they need.
Donating beds, duvets, story books, body creams( u know that cream you bought that did not suit you and u want to throw away), to shelters for drug addicts. prostitutes, orphaned childern etc

This christmas is a good one, buy a very nice and useful hamper for that woman that stands in front of your office selling boli or soemone else, it would make their christmas.

Imagine a scenario where a driver hits someone because the brakes are bad, if we knew about it before hand and could afford to sort it out and did nothing we are as gulty as the driver. I am not saying encouraging people to be irresponsible, but people we know are genuinley trying but can't make ends meet.

I hope this makes sense

Now this makes sense. Brilliant food for thought!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Larrydee(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2008
wetin we dey celebrate?!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Exstar(f): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2008
Larrydee:

wetin we dey celebrate?!
Did u just woke up from sleep?
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2008
Happy birthday indeed.

In 48 years of life she hasn't be able to grow beyond the grass in my field.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2008
Look at their big mouth. What has your country being able to achieve? Old papa at 48 full of corruption.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Exstar(f): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2008
gham!!!!
Tell them!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Exstar(f): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ayomifull,
How many of these have you practiced?
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by oluwdashmi(f): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2008

Things to consider

Imagine a scenario where  a driver hits someone because the brakes are bad, if we knew about it before hand and could afford to sort it out and did nothing we are as gulty as the driver. I am not saying encouraging people to be irresponsible, but people we know are genuinley trying but can't make ends meet.

I hope this makes sense

You have said it all!! Nigeria is not a man but a place and it is only those who dwell in it that can make the change.

wetin we dey celebrate?!

Did u just woke up from sleep?

I wonder o
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by sosodat: 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2008
We dey celebrate say Naija still dey (hasnt exterminated itself)
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2008
Sholeyb:

Things to consider

Imagine a scenario where  a driver hits someone because the brakes are bad, if we knew about it before hand and could afford to sort it out and did nothing we are as gulty as the driver. I am not saying encouraging people to be irresponsible, but people we know are genuinley trying but can't make ends meet.

I hope this makes sense

You are a great person with great wisdom, if we could all do these and more, we will eradicate poverty lil by lil
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by category(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2008
Nigeria is obviously 48 years backward in terms of infrastructural decay.
I wonder what is worth celebrating about that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fired Staff Exposes KFC (pictured) / Just Look At What I Saw on AIT Television (pics) / Governor Akeredolu Bags African Governor Award For Innovative Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.