Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History (1187 Views)

Check The Vin Report On All Suv And Cars Here 4 FREE!!!!! / Check The VIN OF Your Car Or Vehicle / Do Not Buy Any Used Vehicle Without Checking Out The Vin ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by minijojo16(m): 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2008
I was oiffered a deal on a Honda Concerto car in Zaria. The VIN number is SHHHWWWNRAD218896 which I have checked on both the engine as well as below the driver's door.
Attempts to check this VIN thru' Nairaland forum has not worked since everyone says the number is incorrect. I have since found on Wikipedia that the Comcerto was made by British Company Rover (I did see a Rover sign in this car )who stopped producing it in 1994. This means this car is at least 14 years old. It looks and sounds ok though my mechanic is yet to actually check it.
It is being offered at 620K which I can afford. It has factory fitted AC, manual transmission and looks clean but I cannot get its history. Nairalanders what would you do? Please advise. I need a car very soon and badly.

Thank you
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by igwe11(m): 7:29am On Oct 02, 2008
bros it may not come from us maybe it could be used in other countries.
but masters in vin matters should know better.

jenju,sly and vin check abeg may una help this guy.

thnx,
I
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 02, 2008
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by TheSly: 9:12am On Oct 02, 2008
igwe 1:

bros it may not come from us maybe it could be used in other countries.
but masters in vin matters should know better.

jenju,sly and vin check abeg may una help this guy.

thnx,
I
As you already know, Carfax only have reports of cars manufactured in the US and Canada.
So forget about British cars. wink
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 02, 2008
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by TheSly: 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2008
Siena:

British cars have the equivalent of Carfax -

HPI. wink
And loads of others.
What i should have said was that he should forget about checking any car that was not manufactured in the US or Canada on carfax. wink
How u doing though? wink
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 03, 2008
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by modemotion: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2009
I would like to get some info on the car vin# 1g3wt35x9rd313188
Am I asking the right person? Not sure if I know what I'm doing,  it being my first time. I do thank you for your help and God Bless!
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by igwe11(m): 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2009
modemotion:

I would like to get some info on the car vin# 1g3wt35x9rd313188
Am I asking the right person? Not sure if I know what I'm doing,  it being my first time. I do thank you for your help and God Bless!
You 're right brother, check this link for help https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-206979.0.html.
Being your first time makes me say welcome to Nairaland but next time try use the appropriate search topic for helpful results.
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by euphoria: 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2009
I'm experiencing the same issue at the moment, Someone went 2 Coutonou to get a Camry 4 me and sent the vin no 2 me but till now, I've not been able to get history of the car, he gave me the vin no as 4T1BF32K5VU658859, which show that it is a US manufactured car but carfax/autofax says the vin is invalid. He also confirmed the vin no from 3 parts of the car, so I'm relatively certain this is the number on the car, any reasonable explanation 2 this mystery wud be really appreciated,
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by igwe11(m): 10:30pm On Jan 18, 2009
euphoria:

I'm experiencing the same issue at the moment, Someone went 2 Coutonou to get a Camry 4 me and sent the vin no 2 me but till now, I've not been able to get history of the car, he gave me the vin no as 4T1BF32K5VU658859, which show that it is a US manufactured car but carfax/autofax says the vin is invalid. He also confirmed the vin no from 3 parts of the car, so I'm relatively certain this is the number on the car, any reasonable explanation 2 this mystery wud be really appreciated,
As far as I know, VIN is the same as chassis no. and every car has it irrespective of where it was manufactured.
It could be that the car is an European spec while your dealer mistook it as us.
Re: What If You Have The Vin But Still Cannot Get The History by euphoria: 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2009
igwe 1:

As far as I know, VIN is the same as chassis no. and every car has it irrespective of where it was manufactured.
It could be that the car is an European spec while your dealer mistook it as us.

That was my initial thought but the first digit of the VIN NO is 4, which means it was manufactured in US. Still trying to solve the mystery,

(1) (Reply)

Sparkling 2004 Kia Sedona @affordable Price N1.250m @ Banix Autos 07044024051 / 1998 Toyota Sienna: Very Ok. - SOLD...!! / 2005 Toyota Corolla: N1.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.