Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer (1718 Views)

How To Make Google Index Your New Blog Post, Web Page Quickly. / How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart / How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by greatikena: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2008
PLease help! I have just designed my site and uploaded it but it keeps showing index.htm when connected to the world web. I don't know what to do to correct it. The site is www.soliykwebsolutions.com.
Any help will be appreciated. I am very new in the game
Thanks.
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2008
domain registrtion
We have been tested and proved over the years
Website Desgn Quote -http://www.soliykwebsolutions.com/design.htm
page title=index.htm
contact page title =untitled document

and you are a website design company?

For your info, it came up in internet explorer, you might want to clear ur internet explorer cache or use ctrl+F5 to refresh
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2008
@webdezzi

ROFLMAO!  Softly softly on the guy o wink

yeah @post, just edit your <TITLE> tag.

I am so happy you are the commenter.  At least I can't be the one accused of being ITK and of sounding negative always  tongue

hmmm, i wonder who those ppl might be, hmmmmmmm. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Mustay(m): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2008
webdezzi has told u part of it:

The html tag reads:

<title>index.htm</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> . . . .

1. You need to change that tag to what you want. e.g "Welcome to Soliky solutions"

2. Like dezzi said, your contact us page just like the remaining links have default titles: service.htm; learn.htm etc

3. The only contact us form doesn;t work. you get the message:

"Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /contact.htm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.41 Server at soliykwebsolutions.com Port 80"

Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by bug24(m): 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2008
LMAOooooo
and whats the guy on the banner spraying in his mouf? insecticide? or HTML codes?
bro, work on the concept well well o.
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Mustay(m): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2008
bug24:

LMAOooooo
and whats the guy on the banner spraying in his mouth? insecticide? or HTML codes?
bro, work on the concept well well o.

eh eh eh

I think he has a dirty mouth; so it needs some perf grin grin
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2008
u havent heard of

Out of the world concept? grin
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Mustay(m): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2008
I must attend the tutorials this site has to offer cheesy
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2008
hmmmm, webdezzi

Considering your latest comments, I am forced to ask, "b/w me and u, whose comments appear more offensive? whose comments come off as ITK?"

Just asking. You might want to take the plank out of your own eye next time. wink
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2008
looking again at the site, the concept is not bad!, a taste of excellence is there to guide you on the concept.
but i think the image is not sharp, kinda blurry

@yawa, be careful o, or else,
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2008
@webdezzi

or else wetin? nothing dey. o o ni power tongue
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2008
*switches to python Programming*

#goal is to send yawa to exile cos she no get respect

toSendToPast="yawa"
currentYear="2008"
DestinationYear="1800"

# Now that we have our variables set, let us open the year in a write mode

openYear=file(DestinationYear,"w"wink

# fine, the year is opened, let us post her

openYear.write(toSendToPast)

# good, we need to close the file so that she doesn't come back

openYear.close()

#Let us confirm that we have her there, lets open the file in a read mode

checkYear=file(DestinationYear,"r"wink
output=checkYear.read()
Print output

>>> yawa

no just try me o, i carry fire for head grin
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 2:23am On Oct 05, 2008
webdezzi:
I don't have to print out geeky code (after all i have never considered myself a geek and will never) to prove to myself and others how good I am. I let my words do that. If you can't spk in layman's terms, it's a shame lipsrsealed
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2008
and who is asking for ur geeky codes?

i am sorry to say this, you are boring and predictable

TPTYAP,YNPWBMLAE (will tell you what this means later)
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2008
boring and predictable. you actually will hurt a girl's feelings? cry

Yeah right! if you think I am, then congratulations, you walked straight into my fly trap. The less you know about me, the better.
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

The less you know about me, the better.

your cup of tea,

yawa-ti-de:

hmmmm, webdezzi

Considering your latest comments, I am forced to ask, "b/w me and u, whose comments appear more offensive? whose comments come off as ITK?"

Just asking.  You might want to take the plank out of your own eye next time.  wink

just stop following me around every thread with ur ITK banner
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Mustay(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2008
What's wrong with you both?
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 2:20am On Oct 06, 2008
@Mustay
Make you ask webdezzi o. He seems to forget that the sin men commit live long after them. On a thread, he accused me of being ITK. Not that I go around following him but whenever I see what I perceive as hypocritical comments from him, I have to let him have it.

Bottomline, if he says he was wrong, it is a truce but if he doesn't (and trust the typical naija man not to accept when he is wrong), if ever I see hypocritical comments from him, I will call him on it.

By the way, I have better things to do than follow him around. He ain't all that, and a bag of chips tongue
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

He seems to forget that the sin men commit live long after them.

I want to believe that you werent referring to me
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2008
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Mustay(m): 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2008
Well, yawa you meet different people on this forum. Everybody cannot like your posts.

but wait, there's one thing no one can disturb you from - IGNORING posts.

You can be ITK or a critic; just remember that people benefit from your posts; myself inclusive.

Show all your ITK  here abeg!(including the ones you googled grin wink)

Sometimes, it does better to ignore - talk to the sport members here; they do that well cheesy wink
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2008
yeah Mustay,

I must confess, I rarely meet a fight where I resist the urge to at least put in one blow - gbosa! grin I will endeavor to change for the benefit of this board.

Thanks for the compliments by the way. And how does someone with 8,000+ posts say that he is learning from someone will far, far less? cool

I did post a few hours ago a "Letz Learn Something" thread. See if you can answer it. I don't claim to hv all answers but I hv encountered the problem and I came up with a solution. I will give the others at least a day to say something before i jump in. Perhaps, my solution isn't as efficient but I won't know unless others comment.

Thanks once again.
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2008
and how dare you join this thread with ur face in the back

read thru this thread again and see that u were wrong with ur ignore tips
I should be the one ignoring here

to clear her headache for once, i may sound harsh but i wont say what i shouldnt
I only commented on her attitude on another thread, i mean, it is obvious, she was missing it and next, she started trailing my steps to see me fall, I learn from some of her posts too but that does not mean she can come here and share crap and expect me to digest it, No way!

since she has decided to spit in the air and face it, so be it
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2008
since she has decided to spit in the air and face it, so be it

Now thatz just plain nasty.  I take it you have done it before and know firsthand how it feels (and tastes)  shocked

Remember: http://www.truthhurt.com/ wink
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2008
It is an adage and not some form element bleeding thru some hovering flash, honey! you are not supposed to try it out grin
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by yawatide(f): 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2008
I never have and never will. As we used to say about those who polluted the air in secondary school - only those who pollute the air are those who perceive the odor tongue
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 07, 2008
you need some rest, good night
Re: My Website Is Showing index.htm On Internet Explorer by Mustay(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2008
ok. it'll be better if you both ignore each other's posts

(1) (Reply)

Information Communication Technology Companies In Port-harcourt, Rivers State / Who Can Build Me A Website Like craigslist.com? / Youtube And Gmail Is Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.